Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Motorcycle countersteer: This just might save your life

This discussion is about "Motorcycle countersteer: This just might save your life" in the "Motorcycles" forums.
Originally Posted by JHawkins Gud am Sir JViLLe. I,m glad you liked the article Sir, and I'm glad that you are practicing it . I ...

Quote Originally Posted by JHawkins View Post
    Gud am Sir JViLLe.
    I,m glad you liked the article Sir, and I'm glad that you are practicing it . I hope that all newbie motorcyclist get to read this thread. Spread the idea Sir. I'm sure that you have friends who are also motorcyclists. Please tell them to read this. Help teach them to practice countersteering Sir.
    I'm trying to spread the word. but people are just scratching their heads.. LOL

HaHaHa. I feel what you feel gyud Sir JVille.
    That blank quizzical questioning stare.

Patience lang Sir. Just keep on trying.

For me, if i just save one life, then it will be all worth it.
    In the last 25 years wala pa man gyud ni come to me to say thank you.

And to all those who have read this thread and are already practicing counterstreering, please help spread this knowledge Sirs. Teach your friends. Let them read this thread, especially the links cuz naa diha ang confirmation.

Ride safe! And Happy 2015!

Keep practicing!

To those who have read, please tell others. This just might help the newbie motorcyclist.

Additional links and explanations:

http://www.motorcycletraining.com/wo...ersteering.jpg

Nice video showing what actually happens when we turn:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/C848R9...l=0&autoplay=1

countersteering akong drinayban for years... safe kaau siya nya dli jd ka ma overshoot inig liko... pero naay prob...
    ang front tire nimo kay bati ug hilis... got scoopy and mx125... hibung lang ko ug nganu muliko kalit usahay nagtuo ko ug ang ballrace/steering bearing ang problema... ligid man d.i hehehe
    kalas ug front tire pero safe lang

Counter-steering? It's a myth popular among OCD people. Controlling your bike comes naturally.. I've been riding trail bikes since I was a kid and have been on the saddle of many different types of bikes and raced sportbikes but I never ever believed even once the concept of counter-steering. Maybe some people should ride more, spend a lot more time on the saddle than reading books and articles.

You are entitled to your opinion Sir. But the scientific facts prove that the ONLY way to INITIATE a turn on an in-plane two wheel vehicle is by countersteering. Even the Wright Brothers knew this fact. Even SuperBike Instructor Kieth Code INSISTS this as a fact.

I've been riding my own motorcycles for 37 years. In all I've owned 13 motorcycles (only one 50cc scooter), three 100cc two stroke dual sports, one 125cc four stroke dual sport, one RM125 recing bike, two 200cc four stroke dual sport, two XT250 dual sports, a lone XZ400 sports bike, an XT600 and a TT600.

So i do know a little about motorcycles and I'm not exactly ignorant about them. Countertsteering works.

Maybe you are so good, Sir, you don't need it! Kudos to you,Sir!

The people I'm trying to help are those who are still learning. By practicing it as their default panic reaction, they just might save their life. The important thing here sir is PANIC REACTION. They may not have the benefit of spending LONG hours on a bike to hone their skills. So by practicing countersteering, they can fast track their reflex action.

@xxxancientxxx

I'm glad you are practicing this Sir. Dili ni cya mo affect sa tire wear Sir, cuz mao man gyud ni ang way to steer a motorcycle. The advantage is that you are aware that this IS the way it is done.

Teach your friends and Drive safe Sir!

- - - Updated - - -
    @xxxancientxxx

I'm glad you are practicing this Sir. Dili ni cya mo affect sa tire wear Sir, cuz mao man gyud ni ang way to steer a motorcycle. The advantage is that you are aware that this IS the way it is done.

Teach your friends and Drive safe Sir!

C.I.A.
    Kasuway ko ani sa bicycle pero wala nako ma apply...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast