Buying land

This discussion is about "Buying land" in the "General Discussions" forums.
More of a fantasy post, but I'm curious about what to look for and think about while purchasing land? I'm only 29, but I don't ...

Default Buying land

More of a fantasy post, but I'm curious about what to look for and think about while purchasing land? I'm only 29, but I don't want to look back on my life and say, "I wish I had done this 30 years ago." I'd like to buy land as a long-term investment and gradually increase its conservation over time, eventually acquiring a wonderful piece of land for myself and my family. I don't know much about farmland and prices, but I do know a little about upgrading and maintaining land for animal conservation.
    1. What is the procedure for purchasing land? It appears that many land acquisitions necessitate a significant down payment.
    2. I'm not wanting to make money, but I'm also not looking to lose tens of thousands of dollars per year. There are a lot of variables here, such as land quality and crop prices, but is it conceivable to have crop rent revenue cover loan, tax, and other expenses?
    3. Are there any other costs that I'm not aware of? Insurance? Loans? Taxes? Equipment that can be improved over time?
    4. I'm not broke, but I'm also not a millionaire. Three young children at daycare, a mortgage payment, a car payment...
    5. I don't want to be 60 and regret not doing this or that; it's too late and impossible now... "Yes, it is possible to purchase land and over time create a dream hunting property (pheasants, deer, turkey) and conservation project while not losing all of your money," or "No, it is not possible to purchase land and over time create a dream hunting property (pheasants, deer, turkey) and conservation project while not losing all of your money." Or I'm hoping for a response along the lines of, "No, you're insane, move on." It's impossible to do without going bankrupt."

Default Buying land

Buying land is a very complex and lengthy process. When I bought my land, I used the services of a reliable contractor.

3.    Advertisement