Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Lapu-Lapu as national hero

This discussion is about "Lapu-Lapu as national hero" in the "General Discussions" forums.
i salute Digong in advance if he can fulfill his promise in honour of the greatest warrior the Ph against the invaders Lapu-Lapu as national ...

Banned User

Lightbulb Lapu-Lapu as national hero

i salute Digong in advance if he can fulfill his promise in honour of the greatest warrior the Ph against the invaders

Lapu-Lapu as national hero? Not so fast
    NOTE: News link courtesy of Inquirer.net

di mosugot mga tagalog ani

piracy and slave trading was a norm in Lapu-Lapu's time..... bisan pag wa ni apil sa pinaksitay si Lapu-lapu but the point there is that he was the first leader to refuse to be butt fhucked by foreign invaders, his tribe fought a battle and won ....
    Last edited by THE KID; 06-11-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    Scott Bernard likes this.

Rizal was "chosen" by the Americans as the Philippine National Hero because he does not want revolution or cease connection with Spain... He just wants Spain and Philippines to be equal.

Mura gud na ug kabit, ganahan jud mahimo ug number 1.... Unya si Bonifacio gusto jud makig buwag.

Bonifacio and Lapulapu has more or less similarities in terms of resistance to foreign bullying.

Lapu2 and his tribe were not pure filipinos but of Malay descent which of course originated from the Polynesian ancestry who traveled and got traded through asia from Micronesia. Essentially, he can be a national hero since he fought against foreign visitors who brought 'DISEASES' unfamiliar to the locals' immune system + the bullying with Christianity as leverage - the trading of goods was only inculcated by the perpetrators to the masses of the future for the purpose of minimizing the damage dealt to the locals of that time.
    Last edited by brownie; 06-11-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Elite Member Istudyante-Ni-Pikoy's Avatar
    Naa pd lagi sa wiki na after sa battle ni hawa na si Lapu2x sa pinas, ni return daw sa Borneo. Compare kay dr.rizal na was born pinoy and died with a record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapu-L...ttle_of_Mactan

Lapu-Lapu and Humabon restored friendly relations after the Battle of Mactan. Lapu-Lapu later decided to return to Borneo with eleven of his children, three of his wives, and seventeen of his men. Nothing more is known of him after this.

It's time for us to give this man a proper honor...gibutang lng intawn atong Lolo sa 1 centavo. Ang nakapait kay d na ta kita ug 1 cent nga coin karon. Ilisi na's Ninoy sa 500 peso bill ui lol

Blog Entries
    unsa jud kaha kamatyan ni lapu2x sa? mura wa man nakabutang sa history unlike alexander the great

Death was unknown, though some claims are trivial, because he returned to where he originated - Borneo. Maybe this is the reason why academician and historians never thought of recognizing Lapu2x as a national hero, and maybe because he was not a Manobo, Igorot, Aeta, Ati or a Bajau.

Nothing bad ma siguro making Lapu-Lapu a hero, after all, siya man sab tinuod kaha nag repel sa mga kastila

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast