Page 313 of 314 FirstFirst ... 303310311312313314 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3140
Like Tree737Likes

Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?

This discussion is about "Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?" in the "General Discussions" forums.
Originally Posted by jerzx777 TS, This is just my opinion; If we believed that there is a creator which is a powerful one, then he ...

Quote Originally Posted by jerzx777 View Post
    TS,

This is just my opinion;

If we believed that there is a creator which is a powerful one, then he will decided on his own way for everyone. faith or good deeds or maybe something else. . There are so many religion and everyone is confirming that they are the right one. For me as long as I pray to my creator and do good things to others I think it is enough.
    he already decided it when he sent his son to die in order to Preach his words for years, so that even after thousands of years, people will still be able to know his teachings from a Book.

How can u pray to a creator if you dont even know who he really is and what he wants?

It like saying your in love with a Textmate you havent meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal_Tears View Post
    its a Living faith

In simple explanation, its the same as your Trust and Belief on your Parents. When you say You Believe in your parents or you have Faith on your parents - what would you do t express that? you will follow what they say and what they want.

The things you do are the EFFECTS of your belief in them, not the other way around.

Its the same thing as the FAITH describes in the Bible, its a living Faith meaning the good works you do are Manifestations or Effects of your faith not a SEPARATE one. they are one. Thats why when u say your faith saves you because True Faith will Produce good works.

John 14:15 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

This is where the Misinterpretation of Faith Alone vs faith + works started actually.

And After Debating here in Istorya for so long, I realize that what Catholics and my belief on salvation by Faith is actually the same thing, its just they are translated differently.
    wow bali2x man ang istorya...

Last edited by P-Chan; 10-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    noy likes this.

its a Living faith

In simple explanation, its the same as your Trust and Belief on your Parents. When you say You Believe in your parents or you have Faith on your parents - what would you do t express that? you will follow what they say and what they want.

The things you do are the EFFECTS of your belief in them, not the other way around.

Its the same thing as the FAITH describes in the Bible, its a living Faith meaning the good works you do are Manifestations or Effects of your faith not a SEPARATE one. they are one. Thats why when u say your faith saves you because True Faith will Produce good works.

John 14:15 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

This is where the Misinterpretation of Faith Alone vs faith + works started actually.

And After Debating here in Istorya for so long, I realize that what Catholics and my belief on salvation by Faith is actually the same thing, its just they are translated differently.
    it's a complete contradiction of what you're saying here ---

https://www.istorya.net/forums/gener...l#post18677102 (Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?)

you obviously dont know what faith really means.

How do u know those priest have True Faith?

faith does Not mean belief.

you're confused to what your stand truly is.
    noy and brackitz like this.

he already decided it when he sent his son to die in order to Preach his words for years, so that even after thousands of years, people will still be able to know his teachings from a Book.

How can u pray to a creator if you dont even know who he really is and what he wants?

It like saying your in love with a Textmate you havent meet.
    As I said every religion saying that they are the right one, I’m sure they have their own book as a guideline for their faith to teach on their multitude.
    To answer to your question how I’m going to pray to my creator without knowing who he was or what he wants? I’m thankful to GOD that he gave me the mind and heart to evaluate what is good and bad. Through my faith that my Creator is the most powerful one who do all the holy and good things. It doesn’t matter if I text my love to my text-mate which is my Creator even I didn’t meet him.
    Even in the history in reference to Christian book the “Bible”, In the old testament the prophets are praying through their faith and good deeds even they don’t know their Creator, and they got their answer.
    It is our personal choice how we want to choose the right path. I got my answer from my creator and he always guide me every moment that I need his wisdom and power to protect.
    If you think that you are in the right one be thankful and build your own relationship with your GOD according to your faith. “SHALOM”

noy
    Ever since I joined Istorya, time and time again I asked Where is the Bible verse that discuss WHAT is the Criteria on HOW MANY good works we need to do against the sins we do if Good works is a SEPARATE REQUIREMENTS for salvation? - Considering that ALL Man have SINNED?

If its a requirements, then Why theres NO Specific guidelines?

If in our school subject EXAMS is a requirement, then theres always a FIGURE - 60% exam.

So why nobody posted the verse regarding the requirements of Good works? How Many %?

If 10 Commandments is the Criteria? How many of them we need to Do in order to QUALIFY for the requirements of Good works?
    If we need to do it All, then are we all FAILED because all men have sinned?

And if you say you are saved because Forgive all your sins, then does it defeats the purpose of good works as a quirement because even if you did Not comply with the requirement of good works, you were still Saved?
    again sir, i did not say that good works is a separate requirement for salvation. my only point is that the sola fide or faith alone doctrine is rediculous given the examples i provided you with in my previous posts.

noy
    marius likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    it's a complete contradiction of what you're saying here ---

https://www.istorya.net/forums/gener...l#post18677102 (Are we saved by faith alone, or do we need works, too?)

you obviously dont know what faith really means.

How do u know those priest have True Faith?

faith does Not mean belief.

you're confused to what your stand truly is.
    im not, you just did not understand what i meant.

FAITH will yield, or result in Good works, meaning Good works is not a SEPARATE with FAITH they are ONE. Meaning Good works is NOT a separate Requirements of salvation - FAITH is, if you have Faith you will do good works id u have the capability of doing it.

Now Theres a Scenario specifically in the bible that SOMEONE DONT have any CAPABILITIES to do good works but was still SAVED bacause of his Faith. So Faith saves him Not Good works...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    again sir, i did not say that good works is a separate requirement for salvation. my only point is that the sola fide or faith alone doctrine is rediculous given the examples i provided you with in my previous posts.
    so if ur not saying Good works is a separate requirements for salvation, the why are u against the idea of Faith alone can save us?

if its Not (Faith => salvation), then its should be (Faith + works => salvation)

which is it that u believed in?

Quote Originally Posted by jerzx777 View Post
    As I said every religion saying that they are the right one, Iím sure they have their own book as a guideline for their faith to teach on their multitude.
    To answer to your question how Iím going to pray to my creator without knowing who he was or what he wants? Iím thankful to GOD that he gave me the mind and heart to evaluate what is good and bad. Through my faith that my Creator is the most powerful one who do all the holy and good things. It doesnít matter if I text my love to my text-mate which is my Creator even I didnít meet him.
    Even in the history in reference to Christian book the ďBibleĒ, In the old testament the prophets are praying through their faith and good deeds even they donít know their Creator, and they got their answer.
    It is our personal choice how we want to choose the right path. I got my answer from my creator and he always guide me every moment that I need his wisdom and power to protect.
    If you think that you are in the right one be thankful and build your own relationship with your GOD according to your faith. ďSHALOMĒ
    so u also believe that who u pray to is the right one?

how did u know?

so u also believe that who u pray to is the right one?

how did u know?
    Of course ! and I got my answer, there is nothing to elaborate how and what I got from my prayers. Anyway good luck ! and may your God bless you. . .

im not, you just did not understand what i meant.

FAITH will yield, or result in Good works, meaning Good works is not a SEPARATE with FAITH they are ONE. Meaning Good works is NOT a separate Requirements of salvation - FAITH is, if you have Faith you will do good works id u have the capability of

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -?

Na unsa na ni. Dili man ka kabalo musubay ug storya.

Nganong naabot man ka anang faith ug works na topic na akong pangutana sa imu kay unsay meaning sa faith.

11.    Advertisement