Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Questions for the Atheists

This discussion is about "Questions for the Atheists" in the "General Discussions" forums.
I too have a question. Light came to the world but men love darkness, they hate the light less their evil deeds are exposed. this ...

Default Re: Questions for the Atheists

I too have a question.

Light came to the world but men love darkness, they hate the light less their evil deeds are exposed.

this is found in the bible. my question is, Is it true that so called atheist are not really atheist but God haters. they hate the bible because it creates guilt and they don't like it and ang bible is against their lifestyle?

Banned User

being bad never felt so good.

seriously, because the guilty is never really punished.

Quote Originally Posted by nowpress* View Post
    I too have a question.

Light came to the world but men love darkness, they hate the light less their evil deeds are exposed.

this is found in the bible. my question is, Is it true that so called atheist are not really atheist but God haters. they hate the bible because it creates guilt and they don't like it and ang bible is against their lifestyle?
    Maybe you should direct the question to a muslim extremist....

Atheism is way different to anti-christs... It's interpretation that'll ruin something without even checking the dictionary....

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    1. If there is no God, “the big questions” remain unanswered, so how do we answer the following questions: Why is there something rather than nothing? This question was asked by Aristotle and Leibniz alike – albeit with differing answers. But it is an historic concern. Why is there conscious, intelligent life on this planet, and is there any meaning to this life? If there is meaning, what kind of meaning and how is it found? Does human history lead anywhere, or is it all in vain since death is merely the end? How do you come to understand good and evil, right and wrong without a transcendent signifier? If these concepts are merely social constructions, or human opinions, whose opinion does one trust in determining what is good or bad, right or wrong? If you are content within atheism, what circumstances would serve to make you open to other answers?
    Man have become so smart that they doubt their own existence, and how many million of years it took evolution to perfect US, that is why we need something "greater" to continue our development, as to MY opinion the meaning of life is to continue living and improving through time. as to the meaning of an individual Human life it doesn't mean much for I am only a pixel of the whole picture.

as to whose opinion does one trust in determining what is good or bad, right or wrong?
    - we all operate in one golden rule "do not do unto others what you don't want others do unto you"... you may want to argue that Jesus made this, but I think any sensible person would still come-up to this reasoning, even without being religious.

2. If we reject the existence of God, we are left with a crisis of meaning, so why don’t we see more atheists like Jean Paul Sartre, or Friedrich Nietzsche, or Michel Foucault? These three philosophers, who also embraced atheism, recognized that in the absence of God, there was no transcendent meaning beyond one’s own self-interests, pleasures, or tastes. The crisis of atheistic meaninglessness is depicted in Sartre’s book Nausea. Without God, there is a crisis of meaning, and these three thinkers, among others, show us a world of just stuff, thrown out into space and time, going nowhere, meaning nothing.
    Meaning is relative to a person, I find it more beautiful, elegant that I exist for no purpose.

3. When people have embraced atheism, the historical results can be horrific, as in the regimes of Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot who saw religion as the problem and worked to eradicate it? In other words, what set of actions are consistent with particular belief commitments? It could be argued, that these behaviors – of the regimes in question - are more consistent with the implications of atheism. Though, I'm thankful that many of the atheists I know do not live the implications of these beliefs out for themselves like others did! It could be argued that the socio-political ideologies could very well be the outworking of a particular set of beliefs – beliefs that posited the ideal state as an atheistic one.
    There have also been lots of war inspired by religion/god... if you look at the population of our local prison, how many people believe in god and how many doesn't?

4. If there is no God, the problems of evil and suffering are in no way solved, so where is the hope of redemption, or meaning for those who suffer? Suffering is just as tragic, if not more so, without God because there is no hope of ultimate justice, or of the suffering being rendered meaningful or transcendent, redemptive or redeemable. It might be true that there is no God to blame now, but neither is there a God to reach out to for strength, transcendent meaning, or comfort. Why would we seek the alleviation of suffering without objective morality grounded in a God of justice?
    even now that there is a "concept" of god evil and suffering still persist. but then again, if you look at the whole picture of human history evil and suffering is but a tiny percentage... you may want to argue, that this is only possible due to there is a "god" but i would like to disagree..... by default I believe all humans have this "goodness" inside of them... it only depends on how they are being raced. I'm sure if most humans are raced to promote free flowing knowledge.. we would have lots of inventors, or scientist...

5. If there is no God, we lose the very standard by which we critique religions and religious people, so whose opinion matters most? Whose voice will be heard? Whose tastes or preferences will be honored? In the long run, human tastes and opinions have no more weight than we give them, and who are we to give them meaning anyway? Who is to say that lying, or cheating or adultery or child molestation are wrong –really wrong? Where do those standards come from? Sure, our societies might make these things “illegal” and impose penalties or consequences for things that are not socially acceptable, but human cultures have at various times legally or socially disapproved of everything from believing in God to believing the world revolves around the sun; from slavery, to interracial marriage, from polygamy to monogamy. Human taste, opinion law and culture are hardly dependable arbiters of Truth.
    then we don't need to critique them, like Dr. House would say "if you can reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"

Who is to say that lying, or cheating or adultery or child molestation are wrong –really wrong? Where do those standards come from?
    - any sensible man would know that this things are wrong without putting god in the picture.

6. If there is no God, we don’t make sense, so how do we explain human longings and desire for the transcendent? How do we even explain human questions for meaning and purpose, or inner thoughts like, why do I feel unfulfilled or empty? Why do we hunger for the spiritual, and how do we explain these longings if nothing can exist beyond the material world?
    it clearly states that the person asking this hasn't been out of the box... the person who are asking this is inspired by fear, fear of being nothing, fear of dying, fear of uncertainties, and fear of not being important.

why cant you just embrace your life for what it is right now, free of fear? after all nothing last forever... so enjoy the ride.

suwayan nko ug tubag in my own opinion

1. if you want more evidence other than the scientific ones then imoha nana na discretion..if you put other philosophical or something else other than the scientific evidences then imoha nana.

2. para nko..kinahanglan jd diay naai meaning tanan? the people you mentioned just wanted to philosophize or nihatag lang sila ug added reasons or whatever they want to call it..some people don't mind not looking or exploring what Friedrich Nietzsche and the others they may put meaning or whatever ilaha pd na..some might not give a rat's a s s about it..and i think dli dapat iimpose ang mga philosophies or whatever line of thinkng Friedrich Nietzsche and the others on other atheists.

3. if you think Hitler and his other contemporaries were the ones who killed millions unsa nlang kaha ang The Inquisition..maayo gani kang Hitler and his cohorts kai at least well documented ilang mga killing spree..unsa nlang kaha sa inquisition nga wla jd..gitago pa na sa simbahan.

4. Naa man ginoo or wla suffering is always present..good or evil is subjective to whoever is in power..in the case ni hitler killing jews is good so it's a morally good sa ilahang barangay ang mupatay sa jews..unsaon ta man na daghan man dli ganahan ana na idea so pildi iyang chosen good..which is to kill jews.

5. As i've said good or bad is dictated kng si kinsa ang naai power..if sa unang panahon pwede ra mag incest sa medieval times para dli masagulan ug laing bloodline ang "royal" bloodline so morally correct na sya.

6. Meaning and purpose is only up to the person concerned..even our ancestors kadtong mga hominids pa never had any concept of god..ang ilaha ra is makakaon sila whenever they want...so ang atoang mga ancestors mao rapd to ilang meaning and purpose sa ilang life for like several million years until nailisan silag mas dako ug brain na hominid..and kadto sila lahi pd to ilang purpose na nakita sa ilang kinabuhi..so para nko depende rana sa tao..if ikaw gusto kag other philosophical or whatever purpose or meaning then imoha sad na..if naa kai madani na laing tao na mu think ug parehas nmo aw..good for you..if wla aw sorry.
    treize, THE SKULLS and iheartnikon like this.

tl;dr

That imaginary being they call as "God" is the most convenient and laziest excuse in trying to answer life's difficult questions..
    lingkwyz likes this.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KlaytoN View Post
    That imaginary being they call as "God" is the most convenient and laziest excuse in trying to answer life's difficult questions..
    and would you discredit those brilliant minds in the past generations who tried to tackle that same dilemma? do anyone of them have found the absolute answer? how about you, when can you find the answer?

we are God's co-creator and he created the universe for us to explore in order to know more of his power and majesty! But except you include GOD in life's equation, you cannot find the real answers to your deepest questions in life. Know HIM more in the person of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST! for HE revealed the truth already 2000 yrs ago.

YouTube - ‪John Lennox - The Insufficiency of Science‬‏
    YouTube - ‪Is GOD Dead ? ...‬‏
    digitalartistbem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WordofGod View Post
    and would you discredit those brilliant minds in the past generations who tried to tackle that same dilemma? do anyone of them have found the absolute answer? how about you, when can you find the answer?

we are God's co-creator and he created the universe for us to explore in order to know more of his power and majesty! But except you include GOD in life's equation, you cannot find the real answers to your deepest questions in life. Know HIM more in the person of HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST! for HE revealed the truth already 2000 yrs ago.

YouTube - ‪John Lennox - The Insufficiency of Science‬‏
    YouTube - ‪Is GOD Dead ? ...‬‏
    to say that god created the universe for us (humans) to explore is very narcissistic way of putting it.
    I have been in and out of religion and I can tell you that I am more contented of what I know regarding your so called "deepest questions in life"... if god was so good then why does he promote fear?

You had too much of an introduction and yet I dont see a single line where you really make sense rationally.

There's still this thing called 'life' , sir. You should get one
    Last edited by tuffie09; 06-14-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    DEMENTIA likes this.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 232 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast