Page 52 of 249 FirstFirst ... 424950515253545562 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Restaurant Reviews

This discussion is about "Restaurant Reviews" in the "Food & Dining" forums.
this afternoon, we went to rico's la trattoria in that complex near mango square (centro maximo? im not so sure). i had seen the resto ...

Default Re: Restaurant Reviews

this afternoon, we went to rico's la trattoria in that complex near mango square (centro maximo? im not so sure). i had seen the resto featured in sunstar and the write up seemed to promise a delicious array of pasta and pizza.

but, after being seated, i was disappointed to see that the menu only had around 6 pasta choices (bolognese, carbonara, zignara, arrabiata, putanesca at P160 and lasagna at P200 plus) and less than 5 meat dishes (P200 plus price). the menu was populated more by drink choices and other food (breakfast plate, club sandwich P100, etc).

when i asked the waitress what is their specialty, she had to go to the kitchen for 5 mins or so to ask the cook. when i asked her what is the ingredients of the zignara, she replied spaghetti, penne and fettuccine (which were the actual pasta choices...not the sagol!). she said it is spicy... i asked her whats the difference with their arrabiata which i know is also a spicy sauce..she didnt know...

she ran back to the kitchen... i guess it was no help since 5 minutes later, she had to go out to the patio area where i think the owners were.

by this time, i had lost confidence in the restaurant and feared that their food might not be as appealing as i initially thought it would be..

me and my brother then walked out of the place with no one the wiser since nobody else was in the restaurant anymore... no cashier, the other waitresses were in the kitchen and the waitress waiting on us went to the owners pa. i could have stolen all their spoons and forks and nobody would have stopped me... poor resto supervision. at least jud naay one staff nlng unta in the resto all the time

i couldn't rate the food since we never got around to ordering anything but i rate the experience with the restaurant (and its staff) as somewhat disappointing since i rarely find myself in a position na mag walk-out ko sa resto.

^^basin ang resto is ka-level ra sa ila puti, were ang mga waitresses wala pud alamak sa ilang i-serve...ako nya ni i-check ang resto unsa ni nga klase, i'l just give fedback...

Quote Originally Posted by aditti
    this afternoon, we went to rico's la trattoria in that complex near mango square (centro maximo? im not so sure). i had seen the resto featured in sunstar and the write up seemed to promise a delicious array of pasta and pizza.

but, after being seated, i was disappointed to see that the menu only had around 6 pasta choices (bolognese, carbonara, zignara, lasagna, arrabiata and putanesca) and less than 5 meat dishes. the menu was populated more by drink choices and other food (breakfast plate, club sandwich, etc).

when i asked the waitress what is their specialty, she had to go to the kitchen for 5 mins or so to ask the cook. when i asked her what is the ingredients of the zignara, she replied spaghetti, penne and fettuccine (which were the actual pasta choices...not the sagol!). she said it is spicy... i asked her whats the difference with their arrabiata which i know is also a spicy sauce..she didnt know...

she ran back to the kitchen... i guess it was no help since 5 minutes later, she had to go out to the patio area where i think the owners were.

by this time, i had lost confidence in the restaurant and feared that their food might not be as appealing as i thought it would be..

me and my brother then walked out of the place with no one the wiser since nobody else was in the restaurant anymore... no cashier, the other waitresses were in the kitchen and the waitress waiting on us went to the owners pa.

i couldn't rate the food since we never got around to ordering anything but i rate the experience with the restaurant (and its staff) as somewhat disappointing since i rarely find myself in a position na mag walk-out ko sa resto.
    iv heard from a fren also that limited lng daw ang choices

to continue after we hastily walked out of rico's restaurant, we ended up driving into mooon cafe.

this was my 2nd visit ever since it was under new management. although the structure was spruced up, i wasn't really interested in dining there after hearing not so good reviews about the resto... the food was more expensive and it didn't taste as good na daw (but personally for me, dili man jd remarkable ang food daan sa old moon).

newai, last september, i was invited to a bday dinner there and ordered their tenderloin tips. it wasn't really anything to write home about... the taste was just average.

tonight, when we arrived at their entrance, their staff greeted us warmly which was nice. it wasn't too forced or too loud like when they shout "WELCOME TO BIGBYS!!!!!" in Bigby's...

we tried their moonsteak (P149), beef stroganoff (P165) and their campecino jalapenos (P99). the appetizer was delicious... their serving size was deftly calculated to satisfy 2 people... the nachos were crunchy even though they were generously garnished with tomatoes, cheeze, beef and jalapenos.

the moonsteak had generous proportions but i felt it lacked taste... the sauce that came with it was negligible in terms of taste and i ended up dousing my portions with Worcestershire sauce (i believe this sauce makes everything taste better). Their beef stroganoff was okay if not a little bit too chewy.

all throughout the meal, the performance of their wait staff was very good. our waiter was very familiar with the menu and was helpful in suggesting some items when i was stumped what to order ("if you like beef maybe you'd want to try our stroganoff"). our orders arrived promptly too. the rice was served in bowls and the meats in a sizzling plate or small platter. since i wanted to try my brother's steak, i tried to maneuver a big slice to my platter but the waiter anticipated the inconvenience in this and immediately provided an extra plate without me having to ask him.

to be able to anticipate the needs of your diners to make their meal most pleasant is something that i really appreciate in a restaurant. our glasses were also never empty for long, they always refilled it promptly without being asked.

in terms of taste, mooon cafe might just be average but their service is pretty good in my book. [br]Posted on: November 29, 2007, 09:51:23 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiArcher
    ^^basin ang resto is ka-level ra sa ila puti, were ang mga waitresses wala pud alamak sa ilang i-serve...ako nya ni i-check ang resto unsa ni nga klase, i'l just give fedback...
    i had enjoyed the food in ila puti bya pero its true na some of their waitresses only have a hazy idea what they are serving.

me and my friend once dined there and he ended up having an allergic reaction coz his meal had dried shrimp incorporated in it. before ordering it, i specifically asked unsay mga ingredients sa meal and wala jd sila ni ingon naay shrimp. my friend also noticed that the waitress kinda laughed/smirked at us pa jd. this was in the i.t park branch.

so how long does it take to prepare a simple tuna sandwich? i guess at ILA PUTI..umm..30mins?

i went there sa ila branch sa IT park with my 2 sisters and mom yesterday. kami ra jud ang ila customers. my ate odered teriyaki sumthing ang me and my manghud we ordered crazy gravy. after about 20 mins my ate's order was served and 5 mins after, our crazy gravy was served. when the crazy gravy was served, i reminded the waitress of the tuna sandwich. we were wondering why dugay since it was just a sandwich. nahuman nlng mi kaon wala ghapon ang sandwich, so ate approached the counter and followed up the order. for which she heard sum1 from the kitchen yell "hala! hala! ang tuna!" na servan nlng ang bag o nga ni abot na customers, wala lng ghapon ang sandwich ni mama. finally, the waitress aproached us and said na "mam can u wait for another 5 mins coZ na limtan man gud", then i told her, "d ba g remind man tka bout sa sandwich pag serve nimo sa amo crazy gravy, cancel nlng na oi". she then proceeded to the counter and said out loudly "ayaw nlng na dauna ug luto". huh? i approached the counter to get our refund and asked the cashier "wa jud to nin u naluto miss noh?", she replied "sori jud miss kay nalimtan man gud. na pagod jud, itom kaau!!"... OMG, for something na takes 5 mins to prepare na limtan nla for almost 30 mins. and to think, kami pa lng ila customers ato nga tym, what more kung daghan other customers

oh well, fortunately for them mama had other plans for dinner, with her friends, otherwise, she would not have had anything for dinner at all! and we would have been really pissed!

Hello Kinsa na naka eat sa PINO RESTAURANT? I would like to ask kung pila ang price range sa ilang mga food there and If lami sad? Planning to celebrate my mom's birthday there kung maka afford hehehehe . . . God Bless!!

Quote Originally Posted by nonagirl
    so how long does it take to prepare a simple tuna sandwich? i guess at ILA PUTI..umm..30mins?

i went there sa ila branch sa IT park with my 2 sisters and mom yesterday. kami ra jud ang ila customers. my ate odered teriyaki sumthing ang me and my manghud we ordered crazy gravy. after about 20 mins my ate's order was served and 5 mins after, our crazy gravy was served. when the crazy gravy was served, i reminded the waitress of the tuna sandwich. we were wondering why dugay since it was just a sandwich. nahuman nlng mi kaon wala ghapon ang sandwich, so ate approached the counter and followed up the order. for which she heard sum1 from the kitchen yell "hala! hala! ang tuna!" na servan nlng ang bag o nga ni abot na customers, wala lng ghapon ang sandwich ni mama. finally, the waitress aproached us and said na "mam can u wait for another 5 mins coZ na limtan man gud", then i told her, "d ba g remind man tka bout sa sandwich pag serve nimo sa amo crazy gravy, cancel nlng na oi". she then proceeded to the counter and said out loudly "ayaw nlng na dauna ug luto". huh? i approached the counter to get our refund and asked the cashier "wa jud to nin u naluto miss noh?", she replied "sori jud miss kay nalimtan man gud. na pagod jud, itom kaau!!"... OMG, for something na takes 5 mins to prepare na limtan nla for almost 30 mins. and to think, kami pa lng ila customers ato nga tym, what more kung daghan other customers

oh well, fortunately for them mama had other plans for dinner, with her friends, otherwise, she would not have had anything for dinner at all! and we would have been really pissed!

i guess dagahn na gyud ang wala naka-uyon sa Ila Puti, and they are losing customers na....sayang lang ang resto....

hey anybody tried wang shan lo at club ultima? any reviews pls? and also sa restaurant sa city sports club? hehe just curios..

Quote Originally Posted by nonagirl

Hi,

Apologies for this incident. I will address this with utmost priority.

May I know what day and time you went to ila puti? I need to know who was on duty that time.

I appreciate the posted comment. This will help us correct our mistakes and be a better dining place for everyone.

Have a pleasant day.

Quote Originally Posted by valvenis11
    hey anybody tried wang shan lo at club ultima? any reviews pls? and also sa restaurant sa city sports club? hehe just curios..
    wang shang lo is priced i think parehas sa ching palace and wala, the menu doesn't surprise me ra jd... maybe because im chinese and im pretty much bored eating chinese cuisine from grand convention, ching palace and lumpia house. i'd rather go to red moon. they have buffet tag 450 man cgro but a lot of my chinese friends say it doesn't taste good and a waste of money daw. they prefer to go to grand convention's chinese buffet.

not to pang-daot... but most restos daw sa club ultima doesn't taste so good daw..including the jap resto. my friend is a member there and he said not worth it daw.

11.    Advertisement