Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post-LASIK problems / complications?

This discussion is about "Post-LASIK problems / complications? " in the "Fitness & Health" forums.
dba pde mani 1 eye at a time? just in case ra....

C.I.A.

Default Re: Post-LASIK problems / complications?

dba pde mani 1 eye at a time? just in case ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz
    dba pde mani 1 eye at a time? just in case ra.
    please correct me if i'm wrong....if you have a very high grade of 1000 and above thats the time they will do one eye at a time because after doing an eye they will have to cover it with medication and bandage and you have to depend on your other eye to see. after it will heal that's when they will do your other eye again. for those below 1000 grade they can do both eyes at the same time ra.

i went to Cebu Doc a couple of month ago para magpa test for LASIK kay para i rule out ka kung pwede or dili. Grabe ka dako akong astigmatic na even if i had lasik i would still need to wear glasses pero dili na grabe ka dako ug grado (kinda defeats the purpose right? ) Aslo kinanglan na wala na ga change imong grade for at least 2 years... ako ga change man so rule out ko... glasses gihapon ko pero my cousin had one. kung bago pa mura daw naay sand sa imong eyes ang feeling nya freaky a bit ang procedure kay they do cut the cornea so she was given a sedative para mo mellow siya a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by sugar_n_spice
    please correct me if i'm wrong....if you have a very high grade of 1000 and above thats the time they will do one eye at a time because after doing an eye they will have to cover it with medication and bandage and you have to depend on your other eye to see. after it will heal that's when they will do your other eye again. for those below 1000 grade they can do both eyes at the same time ra.
    i had lasik 3 years ago and everything's been ok. my grades then were 650 and 550. What my doctor explained to me was that in this kind of operation, there's always a small chance that your vision will "degrade" after the operation; if i remember correctly, it will degrade by about 10%. So they don't usually push lasik for people with grades of more than 1000, bec. the chance of degradation will be greater. However, there are some 1000+ so who would like to undergo it bec. even if their vision degrades, it will wind up to "only" about 100; to them its a big difference already. I think this is where they do one eye at a time.

Your vision will improve immediately after the operation; in my case, immediately after the operation i could already see the detail on the walls in the holding room, when before, i needed glasses for that. Your vision will also continue to improve for about 6 months or so, that's why the monthly follow-ups last for several months.

I guess I was lucky as i didn't have the expected side-effect of "dry-eyes". Having worn glassess and contact lenses for more than half my life, finally getting rid of them was a great relief....

@Minuano27

Is it freaky ba... mahadlok jud ko kay i get freaked out when it comes to my eyes. Probably the reason why i don't wear contacts kay ma freaked out ko. Unsa may ma feel nimo during the procedure?

@rockart - you don't feel anything during the procedure, and its safe. about 10 mins before it starts, they put eyedrops on your eyes; this is an anesthetic and also stops you from blinking, and its effect lasts for an hour or so (if i remember correctly). then they tape your eyelids open just to make sure.

during the procedure, you just look at a red dot. if you blink or even move a bit, the laser will stop operating. since you won't feel anything, you don't feel like squirming or anything. each eye takes about 15-20 mins, but the laser itself takes about only 2 mins. as i said, after the procedure, you'll immediately notice the results.

thanks for the info :mrgreen:

i had my eyes done last week, so far no problems, i can see clearly now. the operation was totally painless and i did not experience any discomfort after, i just had to sleep for 5 hours after the procedure and that's it...

hello @Minuano27 kinsa imong doctor sa lasik procedure?ug asa na nga eye center?salamat

Hello.

Sa tingin ko ok naman ang Lasik lalo na kung ayaw na ng isang tao ang mag-salamin. There will always be risks involved, so make sure to go for the best ophtalmologists para no back job.

May kilala akong opthalmologists if you want or your friends decide to go for eyeglass-free life.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123