Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree5Likes

is it logical for you to give your kids, let say below 15 or 16 an expensive gadget?


This discussion is about "is it logical for you to give your kids, let say below 15 or 16 an expensive gadget?" in the "Family Matters" forums.
Just want to get your opinion... ^_^ even if you can afford it would you give ur child expensive cellphones, ipods, etc? why or why ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member RainDrizzle07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    607

    Default is it logical for you to give your kids, let say below 15 or 16 an expensive gadget?


    Just want to get your opinion... ^_^

    even if you can afford it would you give ur child expensive cellphones, ipods, etc?
    why or why not? what are your reasons for giving that in the first place?
    what are your thoughts on this?
    when is the right age to start giving ur children expensive gadgets like that?

    we may put an exception to PSP's...
    basta cellphone na expensive, expensive music players like ipod touch, etc.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    199
    it will be best for the betterment of your children to teach them the value of money, especially during these hard times. at least they will have an idea that they cannot just get the things that they want, because in real life you need to toil/earn for the things you want.

  3. #3
    anm
    anm is offline
    Senior Member anm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    it will be best for the betterment of your children to teach them the value of money, especially during these hard times. at least they will have an idea that they cannot just get the things that they want, because in real life you need to toil/earn for the things you want.
    right...

    if they want something, they should learn how to earn it... you can teach them how to budget their allowance to have savings.

    share lang sad ko s ako... my daughter is only 6 years old, and she already knows how to budget her money... like if i give her 5 pesos, she'll only spend 1 peso for her candy, then the rest iya nang ihagbong s yang alkansya... now she has a total of 1000 s iyang alkansya... nana cyay gilaan ana nga money for this chrstmas...

  4. #4
    C.I.A. dexterdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,954
    well I bought my daughter a celestial telescope for xmas, even though mahal sya basta at least she will learn something from this one in the future. For me its okay. shes 6 years old btw

  5. #5
    Senior Member RainDrizzle07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    607
    I think its okey if for the advantage of the kids,pero ka na lang kay ganahan lang ang bata ana... will you still bought it for them? itouch, ipods...and maka afford jud ka ug palit anang butanga ah...

  6. #6
    C.I.A. dexterdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,954
    Quote Originally Posted by RainDrizzle07 View Post
    I think its okey if for the advantage of the kids,pero ka na lang kay ganahan lang ang bata ana... will you still bought it for them? itouch, ipods...and maka afford jud ka ug palit anang butanga ah...
    her older sister has the items you mentioned, pro for me ang itouch or ipod dli pa sya pwede kay murag distraction na sya. Pro psp ok lang nako

  7. #7
    C.I.A. Blackjellybean27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by dexterdal View Post
    well I bought my daughter a celestial telescope for xmas, even though mahal sya basta at least she will learn something from this one in the future. For me its okay. shes 6 years old btw
    i think ok ra man na ang celestial telescope for xmas k she can learn something from it.
    not that you can't learn anything from ipods or expensive cellphones.
    i have an 8 year old daughter. she has a cellphone and an ipod. but the cellphone she has is not that expensive. colored and polyphonic ok naman na cguro for a child like her. her ipod is also an ipod shuffle, not that expensive for an ipod. sobra naman cguro you buy a child her age or younger an iphone and then for her music player an itouch.
    as for psp's ok lang man as long as the child knows the right time to play with it and the right time to study.
    MoriaAX likes this.

  8. #8
    anm
    anm is offline
    Senior Member anm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    672
    pwede mana nimo palitan cla anang mga butanga basta kaybaw cla mo manage s ilang time... dapat d maapiktuhan ilang pagskwela... mo set sad jud kag rules as a parent para klaro...

  9. #9
    C.I.A. Blackjellybean27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by anm View Post
    right...

    if they want something, they should learn how to earn it... you can teach them how to budget their allowance to have savings.

    share lang sad ko s ako... my daughter is only 6 years old, and she already knows how to budget her money... like if i give her 5 pesos, she'll only spend 1 peso for her candy, then the rest iya nang ihagbong s yang alkansya... now she has a total of 1000 s iyang alkansya... nana cyay gilaan ana nga money for this chrstmas...
    i like the way you are teaching your daughter to value the things she is gonna get by having her save up for something she wants.

    for me lang, it's just not enuf for me to tell my daughter na hey that thing i bought you is expensive baya. you better take care of it. it would be better if she can save up for a thing she really wants. if it's too expensive for her, then maybe pwd mi mag negotiate. hehe. i'll pay for half and she can pay for the rest.

    i grew up having the things i want anytime expensive gifts for christmas and birthdays. then notice nako nag salig nalng ko ni mama and papa for everything until i was in my early 20's. when they taught me a lesson by not buying me what i wanted, that's when i learned to value the things i got. and learned to work for it

  10. #10
    C.I.A. Blackjellybean27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by anm View Post
    pwede mana nimo palitan cla anang mga butanga basta kaybaw cla mo manage s ilang time... dapat d maapiktuhan ilang pagskwela... mo set sad jud kag rules as a parent para klaro...
    well, that's true as well. only thing is, what if ang parent is not around, like abroad.. i think it would be futile to set rules when you're not around to implement it, mejo lisod jud sya bro.
    aside from that i dont think it's logical to buy your kids expensive things like that, and then tell him or her to leave those at home. maka distract man gud mga inana sa skul. let's face it, you can't really control what they're going to do when they're at skul. what's the use of a cellphone or ipod if u cant bring them around dba?

  11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

 
  1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:17 AM
  3. Is it important for you to celebrate your birthday?
    By beachbutton in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
  4. Is it easy for you to forgive and forget?
    By loring in forum "Love is..."
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top