View RSS Feed

gracie7

What's the difference between BB Cream and CC Cream?

Rate this Entry
“It seems that you do a lot of research on makeup. I am wondering if you can tell me the difference between BB Cream, CC Cream and a Primer. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!”

I assumed if she wanted to know the difference that some of you might have the same question. So why not write a post about it!

A few years ago, BB cream hit the market. It came from Asia (where the women have beautiful skin!) and it was a huge hit.

I still see it everywhere but like most things, it seems to have died down a little in popularity. Especially since the whole contouring your face has become the “it” thing.

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BB CREAM AND CC CREAM?
October 2, 2015 By Cyndi 22 Comments

bb cream and cc creamHappy Friday Friends! A few months ago I received this email from Stephanie and I’m finally getting around to answering her.

Here is her question:

“It seems that you do a lot of research on makeup. I am wondering if you can tell me the difference between BB Cream, CC Cream and a Primer. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!”

I assumed if she wanted to know the difference that some of you might have the same question. So why not write a post about it!

A few years ago, BB cream hit the market. It came from Asia (where the women have beautiful skin!) and it was a huge hit.

I still see it everywhere but like most things, it seems to have died down a little in popularity. Especially since the whole contouring your face has become the “it” thing.

So, let’s tackle BB Creams.
BB (short for Beauty Balm) cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock.They’re lighter than foundation but heavier than tinted moisturizers.

BB cream is applied to the face either before makeup, or worn alone. It acts like a primer but also includes a tint, sunscreen, and a moisturizer that maintains even skin tone throughout the day.

It does the work of at least 4-5 different products in one tube, but it’s still very lightweight. BB creams can smooth out the skin, contains anti aging elements, even out your skin tone, moisturize, protect against sun damage, and have a light reflecting component that gives your skin a dewy, luminous look.

Most BB creams provide light coverage so if you want more coverage, this might not work for you. This is the only BB cream I have tried.

Now, let’s talk CC cream.
Packed with Vitamin C and E, CC (complexion corrector) cream is similar to BB cream but focuses on color correction.

Lighter than BB cream, CC’s primary purpose is to correct color related skin issues such as sallowness or redness, and it does contain SPF.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but CC cream hasn’t seemed to be as popular as BB cream. If I were going to use this, I would use it under my foundation.

If you have red skin or red patches, this could work well for you!

Finally, what is a Primer?
A lot of women skip this step in their makeup routine, but a foundation primer preps the skin prior to foundation application and facilitates blending and extended wear.

They help hydrate and smooth skin before applying foundation. Many primers help to diminish the appearance of fine lines and pores.

Source: http://www.cyndispivey.com/2015/10/0...-and-cc-cream/

Comments

Hey Cyndi, Since Gracie have defined what BB, CC & Primer as beauty aids, let me decode to you the next ones in the so-called Beauty Alphabets:

DD Cream is meant for Dermatologically Defining creams that targets most marionette or fine lines and wrinkles lessening the effect of aging as it exhibit youthful glowing skin.
    What it does: It combines the benefits of BB and CC creams, while focusing on anti-aging. It works to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it promotes a healthy, youthful glow. if used as a routine, it nourishes, hydrate and protect the skin from further damage. DD Creams can be a primer to your foundation or use it as it is.for that refreshing finish. Dermatologically Defining DD Cream contains mineral-based SPF 30, and white sapphire complex that brightens the complexion and adjust to every skintone.
    EE Creams stands for Even Effect. EE Creams are day creams as defense against daytime damage such as UV rays, pollen and pollutants that can result to dark spots and uneven skin tones. Effective to apply in the morning before your foundation coverage to efficiently hide skin imperfections like acne marks, sun spots, and those that suffers redness often. EE Creams are the newest in the skin cream technology that provides instant radiance and allowing skin radiance without that caking effect.
    Read up: BB Cream is #2. 10 Life Saving Drugstore Makeup You Can Buy At Watsons And Mercury Drug. There is an alternative to creams you can find in Watsons and Mercury Drug.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top