View RSS Feed

The Joys of Life

Are you a Modern Mom?

Rate this Entry
First, what is a modern mom?
A modern mom, is someone who juggles and multi-tasks between career & family. She can be also a mom who wears a lot of hats, she can be a driver by day because she brings her kids to school in the morning before going to work, a career woman after, a cook and tutor by night, a wife, a daughter to her parents and in-laws, a sister, a friend, a cousin. Lots of shoes to fill, in a way. A mom is a modern day leader too according to Amor Maclang of GeiserMaclang.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	11128
Photo from Makingitallfit

So is a modern mom a super mom, a super woman?
Some would say yes, others would say no. The answer is subjective. For me, I would say yes. It is not easy to be a mom and doing all those juggling and multi-tasking takes a lot of hard work to get things done.

Can women have it all?
As what Indra Nooyi, CEO of Pepsi, said women can't have it all because at the end of the day when she gets home, she can not be a CEO in their house but be a wife to her husband, a mother to her kids and a daughter to her parents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	11127
Photo from Huffington Post

But according to Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and author of Lean in: Women, Work, and the Will to lead, women can have it all.

What does ALL mean?
ALL = being a wife + being a mother + having a career
ALL which results to having a happy spouse, a well-run and well-maintained household, children are raised well, a promising career and at the same time mainting one's self to look good.

Yesterday, I attended Modern Mamas Business Cafe Talk and the speakers talked about empowering moms and that moms should find balance in everything by getting a support system, spending quality time with their spouse and kids and having a work system that works, and lastly to eliminate guilt because it is a useless emotion according to Mutya Laxa-Buensuceso, Country Manager of Luxasia.

Moms should take care of themselves first before they can fully take care of their kids and their family, which means "me time" for mommies. "Me time" wherein moms pamper themselves by giving themselves a break, by reading a book, doing yoga or having mani & pedi for example. Anne Gretchen Choa-Uy, proprietor of Modern Mama, said A healthy and happy parent equates to a healthy and happy child.

Being a mom is a full-time job, 24/7/365, no days-off, no sick leave nor vacation leaves. Motherhood is a hard job but someone has to do it. A salute to all moms out there.

*Modern Mama is a mom and baby shop located at Banilad Town Center.
Tags: modern mom
Categories
Motherhood

Comments

totally agree...its never easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1981
    totally agree...its never easy!
    Hello Fred,

Thanks for agreeing
    it is easy to get caught up in classroom 6x daily routines and neglect nurturing the relationship.
    Hello Galadriel! The modern mother promotes a progressive approach to education, introducing new ideas and practices aimed at the well-being and individuality of her children. In addition, a modern woman can engage in any profession and have a variety of hobbies. I love motherhood, it's the best thing in life. I also have a hobby of photography for the https://blog.depositphotos.com/why-a...o-popular.html and I manage to combine it with work and household chores. She may also prioritize self-care, mental health, and overall well-being in order to maintain her own happiness and fulfill her role as a mother.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top