View RSS Feed

Tirong-say

Unity for Happiness

Rate this Entry
It is of plain view seeing the streets each day discerning the tattered clothes,the dilapidated shanties, the cry for food by those barely nude toddlers roaming around with so much dirt on their faces. They are my fellow Filipinos who once in their lives had dreams of their own, is this a dream come true for them,I guess not,Is this just the cause of misfortunes,maybe no or maybe yes, but it is an essence to us as humans that we always yearn for happiness,thus we always aim for the good things that life could offer so it would be so ideal to say that what they had is not what they wish to achieve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7550

Is the quest for happiness in vain as what Oscar Wilde says "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it" or is it because of greed and deceit that is rampant within our community in discordance with Albert Einsteins "Only a life lived for others is a life worth while"

Life as we know is full of uncertainties we do not know what's in store for us further as we go on with this road called existence. Tendencies are we could stumble,lost, and even perish but somehow some of us could succeed and reach that pinnacle called contentment,and then the questions would arise, are we human enough to know that we are of the same kind and thus have the potential to care and to sympathize with each other, or are we human enough having traits such as egoistic, self centered and naive towards each other, well the choice is ours, but we live as a single race, Filipinos in our native country and as human beings in this world. Apparently we are one but are we unified to be called as one if the notion of being indifferent is being preferred?, I guess not.

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  2.7 KB

As Martin Luther King Jr says "We have learned to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers." is a call of unity a unity beneficial to all not only in terms of peace but also promotes enthusiasm to care and to embrace each other to gain a common goal of happiness as what Virginia Burden says "Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.".

How ideal it would be to see us being united when caring and sharing would be the common virtue. It could be a start perhaps in alleviating the hapless condition of our country preventing untoward misdemeanors of the government improving conditions of poverty for the rich would be willing to share with the poor and eventually you are not alone in your endeavor for it is assured that you have 90 million individuals that's supporting you. No more tattered clothes,dilapidated shanties and hungry toddlers.

How ideal it would be.

Name:  index1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  3.4 KB

Blaise Pascal
The multitude which is not brought to act as a unity, is confusion. That unity which has not its origin in the multitude is tyranny.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

sadly, the complexity of modern society has made our concept of ideal realities truly ideal. where once there was hope, now we have to contend with so many factors that it no longer is a matter of simple unity.

and that's not just my cynicism talking, lol

john lennon had it right when he wrote the song Imagine. kutob na lang jud imagine...
    Thanks for the comments Bro Sevmik,
    rest assured it is being very much appreciated,
    Yes,it's so sad to know that sometimes reality do reveal
    that somehow ideal attributes are really far beyond reach.
    But still in my mundane wishful thinking I'm still hopeful
    that opportunities of unity would arise instigating us to become
    as one, for In this trying times I do presume that we do penuriously
    need it.
    perhaps unity could be achieve if we will not only think of ourselves, if we also think of how we affect others, basing on what we do. If only we think of how we can make this world a better place, and if only all of us will think tha it should start from each one of us.
    Hi Sis Neve Thanks for dropping by and in giving such nice insights,Yes we do play an important role and perhaps we are the main driving force to realize it. But somehow we need a catalyst to encourage us to to initiate and I think poverty is one of the most probable contributor.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top