FAQ's Playbook

Bandwagoners Domination

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3l55.jpg 
Views:	9425 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	6509

Every year , threads on the Basketball section of this fine forum are infested with bandwagoners posting ridiculous one-liner blurts and trolling that a few days ago it led the locking of the Oklahoma City Thunder thread. Speaking of which, I'm astounded by the fact that there are a lot of posters here are claiming that they are OKC fan. I doubt they know the whole situation of the franchise's relocation from Seattle to OKC. It doesn't matter for them anyways, they only want to cheer for a winning team. A typical bandwagoner mentality.

If anyone want to know what is a bandwagoner -- it is a person who cheers for a team only because they are winning. Once the team starts losing or having a disappointing season, they will jump to another winning team and will claim that they are a fan.

Honestly, when you decide to be a fan of a team, act like one. Don't keep jumping to different teams every season like a whore being with different guys every night.

I hate visiting the Basketball section when the Playoffs and the Finals start. Posters tend to be an intense "basketball fans" once the Playoffs starts and cheering gleefully for their selected team. They will participate into debates to defend their team and will go throwing personal attacks to prove their argument. They're not even a REAL basketball fan since they ONLY watch their team play and doesn't even bother watching other teams play. I can spot a bandwagoner because they often post an article or from a self-applauding basketball "analyst" employed at a major sports network as their main back-up statement. They would say, "it's true cuz that's what JVG said last night" you know that type of BS. You can't win a debate against them because they think their team that they just jumped to is better than yours. Any argument, stats you would present are irrelevant to them. As an anti-bandwagoners, their arguments and opinion doesn't count. I don't even waste my time interacting with them here in the forum. They have a low basketball IQ to begin with and only talk about their team.

I remember the spark of Jeremy Lin's media hype and New York Knicks thread ressurected from the 10th page, and someone even made a Jeremy Lin thread. They were cheering for the Knicks and thought if an Asian can play in the NBA, they must have a shot too! When he got injured, both threads went silent.

A lot of them always engage into pipedream trade proposals and player signings with no regard to the Collective Bargaining Agreement which was the main reason why we had the lockout last year. After the 2011 NBA Finals, the Basketball section became a ghost town and very few who constantly posted on the NBA Lockout thread. Bandwagoners made occasional visits and post nonsense one-liners that starts with "Mayta mahuman na ning lockout..."

It makes my blood boil when they tell me "your Raptors sucks while my team is going to the Playoffs" as if they are true fans of that team who's going to the Playoffs. I totally admit the Raptors aren't doing well since Vince Carter left but that didn't make me jump to another team, because as a fan, you have to stick with your team through thick and thin. I've been a Raptors fan since 2000 when we moved to Canada on the same year. It was the season when the Raptors went to the playoffs where Vince Carter missed a game-winning shot vs Philadelphia 76ers during the 2001 Eastern Conference Semi-finals that would've advanced the team to Eastern Conference Finals. Many blamed him for attending his college graduation. In the winter of 2004, VC was traded to the NJ Nets where Alonzo Mourning refused to play in Toronto and that's where the team headed for a downward spiral. In 2006, the team in the tunnel found a glimmer of light when they hired Bryan Colangelo. He built the team around Chris Bosh, drafted Andrea Bargnani, and turning water into wine by trading Charlie Villanueva for TJ Ford, Rafael Arujo for Kris Humphries, and noticed the potential of Jamario Moon that helped the team off the bench. Having a reputation of making bold moves, some transaction turned out to be bad like when he acquired Jermaine O'Neal for TJ Ford and the pick that could've gotten us Roy Hibbert, and signing Hedo. When Bosh left for Miami in 2010, the Raptors was back rebuilding all over again but I'm still cheering for them because that's what a fan would do -- cheering the team through the good and the bad times. Not leaving them for a new one.

Miami Heat thread has gathered a lot of "fans" since the troika amEGOS was formed on July of 2010 which was deliberately planned since the Beijing Summer Olympics. Collusion at its finest that Dan Gilbert of Cleveland Cavaliers made a request to investigate which most of the team owners refused. The fans population skyrocketed in the Miami Heat bandwagon now that they are in the Finals for the second time in a row.

Oklahoma City Thunder has been the favourites for the bandwagoners. I find it very funny because not too long ago this team was unknown. But a few years appearing in the Playoffs and now in the Finals, a lot of posters are now leeching to this team. If you have to ask them how did they start cheering for them... they would answer, "well, they're in the Finals!"

As long as the Finals is far from over yet, bandwagoners are infesting the Basketball section. From a persective of a real basketball fan, it's really annoying like little girls singing "Call Me Maybe"

Updated 06-18-2012 at 07:06 PM by FAQ

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

^^ people should read this.. mind if I share this to some of my friends in FB? I'll credit you for this blog/article.

My reaction after reading this blog:
    I can't agree more. I think many don't even know that OKC thunder was the Seattle Sonics before the transfer to another city was made. as for the bulk of the heat fans..... hmmmmmm.. ang uban James fans. hehehehe. had the finals been lakers vs boston the ones in okc might be rooting for LA and those in miami rooting for the celtics. im a basketball fan but not to a point that I study every statistic and every transaction that happens throughout the league but i do stand with my team and cheered to the bitter end! Im a fan of both LA Lakers and the Boston Celtics since I was a kid. Im a fan of both for the simple reason that there are 2 people who I saw a lot of loyalty in them. Pierce and Bryant are my basketball idols since even when their teams are having a bad season (not that the lakers lately have been playing badly) they still stick where their loyalties lie. I've seen how kobe struggled with the lakers after shaq left the city, and iv'e seen how pierce played through losing seasons before boston acquired KG and allen. anyways as I was reading your post here, I can't help but remember how everybody was cheering with me against OKC last year when the thunder gave the lakers a run for their money 2 seasons ago. now those same people are cheering for OKC like they were fans since the draft of durant, even telling me how durant scores better than kobe. hahay...

anyways thanks for this blog!

(i may share it as I said earlier, with your permission of course)
    Go ahead man. Feel free to post this. I'd like everyone to read this blog while we're still in the middle of the NBA Finals.
    hahahahha!!! ok! nyc one.
    1st time ive read a blog from an istoryan here in istorya and i can say you have a point.

we may have differences as you and me have debated before but you really have a good point here hehehe

hope everyone can read this though. thing is they wont accept it and you'll be getting more heat from this hehehe

kudos!
    Question: what if you pick a wrong team before then see another team which suits most of your taste.. Would/Could you be called a bandwagoner?
    Updated 06-23-2012 at 07:25 PM by crossramz
    I used to entertain myself by watching NBA games. But that was before politics came to the League. Now I have found a different kind of entertainment. However, [url=http://159.65.81.38/]joker123 indonesia[/url] can also be called a sport. Have you seen the poker games at the Vegas show? The same thing happens in Indonesia, but I'm still far from the level of such players. I prefer not to play high stakes now.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top