Results 1 to 9 of 9

Studies in the Scriptures [The Book of Mark]


This discussion is about "Studies in the Scriptures [The Book of Mark]" in the "The Devout" forums.
I would like to share my study in the book of Mark. It is a devotional and practical study. The book of Mark was written ...

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Studies in the Scriptures [The Book of Mark]


    I would like to share my study in the book of Mark. It is a devotional and practical study. The book of Mark was written to present the Lord Jesus Christ as a Servant of man. Here in this book we read the activities of the Lord Jesus Christ--teaching, healing and ministering to everybody who comes to Him.


    He came to serve, to give us His life as a ransom for our sins. He died for our sins and rose back to life again for our salvation. If a sinner comes to Him, as a lost, helpless and hopeless sinner with regards to saving himself, he will find in the Lord Jesus Christ the salvation that he needs. Only if he comes to Him, trusting in Him alone for salvation.


    I would like to thank you in advance for respecting the thread. Everyday a post will be added to the thread.


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    In Matthew, Christ is presented as King. In Luke He is presented as Man. In John, He is presented as God. Here in Mark, He is presented as a Servant.


    Chapter 1




    Mr 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.



    The word "beginning" here refers to the beginning of the public preaching of the Gospel. Paul uses a similar expression in Phil. 4:15: "Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only."


    Paul's expression: "the beginning of the gospel" refers to his proclamation of the Gospel in his second missionary journey in various places beginning at Philippi. In his second missionary journey, before he went to Philippi, he went to many churches and edified many Christians there. It was in Philippi that he began his Gospel ministry in his second missionary journey. And from there to various places.



    Here in Mark 1:1, the expression "the beginning of the gospel" refers to the starting point as to when did the public proclamation of the Gospel began. The Gospel concerning Jesus Christ was indeed prophesied in the Old Testament. But its actual proclamation and preaching began with John the Baptist's ministry.


    The word "gospel" can also refer to the act of proclaiming it as in the case of Phil. 4:15 and here.


    At the outset, Mark presents the deity of Christ when he wrote: "Son of God". In Jewish reckoning, to be the Son of God in a unique sense means equality with God [see John 5:17-18]. And anyone who is equal with God is God Himself. The word "Son" here means unique Son.


    Are you a Christian? Have you truly repented and trusted in Christ alone for salvation? If so, have you began the work of sharing the Gospel to others?


    .
    Last edited by TravelinStreetPreacher; 01-28-2010 at 08:17 PM.

  3. #3
    Elite Member SEED OF LIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,018
    Studies in the Scriptures

    trust me Scriptures will never be justified by the letter...

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,787
    but those synoptic gospels weren't exactly written by the supposed four apostles, but were only attributed to them. they were written by the followers of those four apostles who died many years before those gospels were written.

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinStreetPreacher View Post
    I would like to share my study in the book of Mark. It is a devotional and practical study. The book of Mark was written to present the Lord Jesus Christ as a Servant of man. Here in this book we read the activities of the Lord Jesus Christ--teaching, healing and ministering to everybody who comes to Him.


    He came to serve, to give us His life as a ransom for our sins. He died for our sins and rose back to life again for our salvation. If a sinner comes to Him, as a lost, helpless and hopeless sinner with regards to saving himself, he will find in the Lord Jesus Christ the salvation that he needs. Only if he comes to Him, trusting in Him alone for salvation.


    I would like to thank you in advance for respecting the thread. Everyday a post will be added to the thread.


    Thanks.
    This is wonderfully done. I agree that as sinners we need a Savior to save us from our sin. Jesus came to point us the way to the Father. He already provided all the means, all we got to do now is to step on the track that leads to Heaven.

    The bible said...

    We all have sinned...and because of sin we are separated from God. Then it further said that sin's penalty is Death. Death here means eternal separation from God's grace.

    But because He loves us He sent His Son to die on the cross for us so that through faith in His Son and by His grace we will be forgiven from our sin.

    all we got to do is ACCEPT His word and repent from our sinful ways and invite Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of our life.

    Are you ready to surrender your life to Jesus and be forgiven of your sin? if so pray this prayer.

    Dear God...I acknowledge that I am sinner, and I come before you in the name of Jesus your Son. I ask for forgiveness for all of my sins and accept Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of my life. starting today this life that I now live I will live it for His glory alone. please forgive me from all of my wrong doing and pour your love upon this poor soul. Thank you for the free gift of salvation, Amen!!!

    after praying this, if time permits you please read the bible, you can start anywhere but I recommend that you read first the book or the gospel of John. Then find a church where you are at home with. Be sure that it is a church that teaches biblical Christianity.

    send me a private message if you have any further questions.

  6. #6
    C.I.A. dartzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    but those synoptic gospels weren't exactly written by the supposed four apostles, but were only attributed to them. they were written by the followers of those four apostles who died many years before those gospels were written.
    this is still debatable. please read this...after you read it tell me what you think?


    This is the work of- Bishop Eusebius of Caesarea(c. 260 - c. 340) the first Christian writer to compose a large "History of the Church," covering the entire period from the first Apostles down to his own day in ten volumes.


    Papias gives also in his own work other accounts of the words of the Lord on the authority of Aristion who was mentioned above, and traditions as handed down by the presbyter John; to which we refer those who are fond of learning. But now we must add to the words of his which we have already quoted the tradition which he gives in regard to MARK, the author of the Gospel. It is in the following words: "This also the presbyter said: Mark, having become the interpreter of Peter, wrote down accurately, though not indeed in order, whatsoever he remembered of the things done or said by Christ. For he neither heard the Lord nor followed him, but afterward, as I said, he followed Peter, who adapted his teaching to the needs of his hearers, but with no intention of giving a connected account of the Lordís discourses, so that Mark committed no error while he thus wrote some things as he remembered them. For he was careful of one thing, not to omit any of the things which he had heard, and not to state any of them falsely." These things are related by Papias concerning Mark. But concerning MATTHEW he writes as follows: "So then Matthew wrote the oracles in the Hebrew language, and every one interpreted them as he was able." And the same writer uses testimonies from the first Epistle of John and from that of Peter likewise. And he relates another story of a woman, who was accused of many sins before the Lord, which is contained in the Gospel according to the Hebrews. These things we have thought it necessary to observe in addition to what has already been stated. (Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History 3.39.14-17)

    Mr.Hellblazer do you have an extensive research to present as basis of your accusation or you only have and read books written by authors with unfounded hatred towards Christianity?

    by JUDE_1:3 (i think this guy's got problems in posting i wonder what it is)

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by dartzed View Post
    this is still debatable. please read this...after you read it tell me what you think?


    This is the work of- Bishop Eusebius of Caesarea(c. 260 - c. 340) the first Christian writer to compose a large "History of the Church," covering the entire period from the first Apostles down to his own day in ten volumes.


    Papias gives also in his own work other accounts of the words of the Lord on the authority of Aristion who was mentioned above, and traditions as handed down by the presbyter John; to which we refer those who are fond of learning. But now we must add to the words of his which we have already quoted the tradition which he gives in regard to MARK, the author of the Gospel. It is in the following words: "This also the presbyter said: Mark, having become the interpreter of Peter, wrote down accurately, though not indeed in order, whatsoever he remembered of the things done or said by Christ. For he neither heard the Lord nor followed him, but afterward, as I said, he followed Peter, who adapted his teaching to the needs of his hearers, but with no intention of giving a connected account of the Lordís discourses, so that Mark committed no error while he thus wrote some things as he remembered them. For he was careful of one thing, not to omit any of the things which he had heard, and not to state any of them falsely." These things are related by Papias concerning Mark. But concerning MATTHEW he writes as follows: "So then Matthew wrote the oracles in the Hebrew language, and every one interpreted them as he was able." And the same writer uses testimonies from the first Epistle of John and from that of Peter likewise. And he relates another story of a woman, who was accused of many sins before the Lord, which is contained in the Gospel according to the Hebrews. These things we have thought it necessary to observe in addition to what has already been stated. (Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History 3.39.14-17)

    Mr.Hellblazer do you have an extensive research to present as basis of your accusation or you only have and read books written by authors with unfounded hatred towards Christianity?

    by JUDE_1:3 (i think this guy's got problems in posting i wonder what it is)
    i don't have "problems" in posting, so you don't have to wonder what it is. it is i who should ask you that. just for my posting something like that, it would irritate you immediately?

    and i could also ask you the same thing to present to me an "extensive research" of your clinging to your claims. you call this small "copy-and-paste" post of yours extensive? clicking on google is not even considered "researching," sir.

    what is your problem if i have read a lot of books, historical, scholarly and archaeological books, mind you, in comparison to your one post from a dead bishop of ages ago?

    and excuse me sir, but those authors do not have "unfounded hatred towards Christianity" as you so bluntly accuse them of. those authors are biblical scholars, sir. i repeat, biblical scholars, who have objectively reconstructed the past with no taint of religiousness whatsoever, but only with historical findings based entirely on historical facts.

    i don't understand why you, "Jesus Enthusiasts" are so fanatically defensive of your Christianity. is this truly what Jesus the Christ would have wanted?

    i was not even trying to attack your precious cherished beliefs, but only trying to present ANOTHER side to the Jesus story. if you view that as a threat to your religion, i'll just leave that to your Jesus to answer.

  8. #8
    C.I.A. cptn_star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    i don't have "problems" in posting, so you don't have to wonder what it is. it is i who should ask you that. just for my posting something like that, it would irritate you immediately?

    and i could also ask you the same thing to present to me an "extensive research" of your clinging to your claims. you call this small "copy-and-paste" post of yours extensive? clicking on google is not even considered "researching," sir.

    what is your problem if i have read a lot of books, historical, scholarly and archaeological books, mind you, in comparison to your one post from a dead bishop of ages ago?

    and excuse me sir, but those authors do not have "unfounded hatred towards Christianity" as you so bluntly accuse them of. those authors are biblical scholars, sir. i repeat, biblical scholars, who have objectively reconstructed the past with no taint of religiousness whatsoever, but only with historical findings based entirely on historical facts.

    i don't understand why you, "Jesus Enthusiasts" are so fanatically defensive of your Christianity. is this truly what Jesus the Christ would have wanted?

    i was not even trying to attack your precious cherished beliefs, but only trying to present ANOTHER side to the Jesus story. if you view that as a threat to your religion, i'll just leave that to your Jesus to answer.
    presenting "ANOTHER" side to the "Jesus story", as you call it is already offensive sir just in case you dont know...

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    presenting "ANOTHER" side to the "Jesus story", as you call it is already offensive sir just in case you dont know...
    you're not being logical, sir. it's quite obvious you don't have any idea what i was only trying to present. just because a view is quite different from a generally accepted point of view does not necessarily mean it's offensive already.

    just also in case you don't know, my dear captain, general opinion is no proof of truth for the generality of men are ignorant.

  10.    Advertisement

Similar Threads

 
  1. The Best Educational Book of All Time
    By Pein in forum Arts & Literature
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 04:24 AM
  2. anybody loves the books of A.W>Tozer?
    By girlnextdoor0303 in forum Arts & Literature
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
  3. The Best Educational Book of All Time
    By Pein in forum Spirituality & Occult - OLDER
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 11:36 PM
  4. In Chicago, check out Sons of the Third.
    By LytSlpr in forum Music & Radio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 01:42 AM
  5. Will the Top Line Replicas of Jewelries be sellable here and in call centers?
    By ayen_kiss in forum Business, Finance & Economics Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top