Page 216 of 439 FirstFirst ... 206213214215216217218219226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4381

MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO

This discussion is about "MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO" in the "Destinations" forums.
Originally Posted by BeoRific ... but I did read the previous pages... If you cannot conduct yourself properly, then shame on you. You just put ...

Default Re: MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO

Quote Originally Posted by BeoRific
    ... but I did read the previous pages... If you cannot conduct yourself properly, then shame on you. You just put a big stain on some people's perception on Davao. Kung sa tiguwang pa, ang tao nga mupatol ug buang mas buang pa. Besides, did I ever say something against you or Davao? I was merely addressing your opinion... and yes, in these forums I am one of the mouthpieces of morality.

Where in my posts call for such reactions?
    So you are! well, wallow and drown in it dude. It's a wide, wide world of the web. I don't backpaddle on my position. They all remain the same.

Blog Entries

that was meant for XANOR's postings, blame it on this forums cluttered set -up. You can castigate me for that.
    Now you blame the forums? Out of thousands, you seem to be the only one who doesn't know how to quote properly... I'll let that slip. But please attack the opinion and not the person. This thread will be closely watched.

So you are! well, wallow and drown in it dude. It's a wide, wide world of the web. I don't backpaddle on my position. They all remain the same.
    I won't stoop down to your level. Throw me you best, counter my statements. Until you do so, I find you to be out of my league and not worth my time.

Best Regards

z

OT: can we now stop talking nonsense and get back to the topic.. =)

well, for me, the best ang cebu.. cause it's where my home is.. =)
    there's no place lik home..

Quote Originally Posted by xanor
    hahahaha, youre emotions are getting over you, try to read that post of mine again. i was actually talking to gravy, not you! (or are you trying to insinuate that gravy and you are one and the same?) oh yeah, at least you admitted that cebu is a SHOWER ahead! and thanks for the invitation, but i can get there on my own with free gas and everything, i have been to your "famed" city, explored the pits and belly of it, and i wouldnt dare post anything if i havent been to your city, dude, it sucks to be you! hehe
    Funny coz out of hopelessness I ceased to score others of their lack of proficiency of the English language, but this poor fella attempted to dress me down on this. Here is what he said - "youre emotions are getting over you" when he should have said "your emotions are getting the best or the better of you". Those 2 different sentences are miles and miles away in connotations. You don't want me to elaborate on that, do you? Poor teacher-wannabe , I should kick you out of my school by now if you were my English teacher. Ask GravyAddict, he is an architect from ADDU, but his very technical specialty didn't GET THE BETTER of his English proficiency. That mistake is something done in writing, which you could proofread, how much more when they were spoken XANOR, DONG! Double whammy, right?
    [br]I said enough personal attacks. Show some class. If you can't argue then don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoRific
    Now you blame the forums? Out of thousands, you seem to be the only one who doesn't know how to quote properly... I'll let that slip. But please attack the opinion and not the person. This thread will be closely watched.

I won't stoop down to your level. Throw me you best, counter my statements. Until you do so, I find you to be out of my league and not worth my time.

Best Regards
    Dude, I have no intention to belong to your league, HELL NO! whatever that means. You can call my postings names and I leave that to you, for me, that't just how the coockie crumbles. I don't shudder at the tone of your postings and it's a waste of your time throwing your weight around here, it will just fall on deaf ears, as far as I am concerned, as long as you continue to be prejudiced to other cities' forumers. We came here because for heaven's sakes that's what the title so required. We would defend our city in wherever forum there is that mentions against it, or demeans the very nature of it, and that is our business.

naz

Quote Originally Posted by apocusp
    Dude, I have no intention to belong to your league, HELL NO! whatever that means. You can call my postings names and I leave that to you, for me, that't just how the coockie crumbles. I don't shudder at the tone of your postings and it's a waste of your time throwing your weight around here, it will just fell on deaf ears, as far as I am concerned, as long as you continue to be prejudiced to other cities' forumers. We came here because for heaven's sakes that's what the title so required. We would defend our city in wherever forum there is that mentions against it, or demeans the very nature of it, and that is our business.
    dude, you said you would defend your city.. then STOP giving it a bad image..

Quote Originally Posted by naz
    boss, will you open a different forum for apocusp.. i think he's giving a bad image to davao..
    in my point of view, he's not. he's just defending his land from your bias opinions and too damn proud debating tactics. aside from the fact that each citizen is entitled to his own opinion (choosing his best city at that), what more are you trying to enforce to our minds? that cebu is the best because it has highrises, industries, tourist attractions, hongkong like atmosphere, malls, what else? maybe for some people this is what they call heaven, but for some people i'm afraid not, if cebu is proud of that ambiance how proud metro manila can get? oh well, let's credit cebu for that achievement, but can you think outside your box and imagine what a davao city setting can introduce to your life?

credit the one who started this thread for implying a city vs city but not without etching a "cebu the no. 1" placard first in his mind. what's the criteria anyway for being the best city? highrises, malls, traffic, call centers, industries, beaches, resorts, governance? are you sure cebu top all that and not manila? what if a foreigner want these: clean, wide, traffic free streets, 911 not just our ordinary 117 or 119 but RESCUE 911 with computerized call centers, typhoon free city, street lights all over from the mountains to downtown area, 2,163 km of lush forests, mt. apo trekking and climbing, davao gulf pristine beaches, mountain resorts, cheap food and accomodations, fresh air, clean water, garbage free downtown, etc. maybe cebu will cry, where are the malls and highrises!!! well, would you expect metropolitan freak newyorkers, koreans, europeans go to cebu just to lurk in the malls and see those highrises? no, they go there to use your beaches and resorts. now think again... cebu will reach 100 storeys in every usable corner lot in the year 2100 but davao will always enjoy the 300 square meter residential lot, fresh air... and it's a joy watching the skyscrapers too in it's business district. buildings can be built, but nature? ask it to the gods.

naz

Quote Originally Posted by malaysia
    in my point of view, he's not. he's just defending his land from your bias opinions and too damn proud debating tactics. aside from the fact that each citizen is entitled to his own opinion (choosing his best city at that), what more are you trying to enforce to our minds? that cebu is the best because it has highrises, industries, tourist attractions, hongkong like atmosphere, malls, what else? maybe for some people this is what they call heaven, but for some people i'm afraid not, if cebu is proud of that ambiance how proud metro manila can get? oh well, let's credit cebu for that achievement, but can you think outside your box and imagine what a davao city setting can introduce to your life?

credit the one who started this thread for implying a city vs city but not without etching a "cebu the no. 1" placard first in his mind. what's the criteria anyway for being the best city? highrises, malls, traffic, call centers, industries, beaches, resorts, governance? are you sure cebu top all that and not manila? what if a foreigner want these: clean, wide, traffic free streets, 911 not just our ordinary 117 or 119 but RESCUE 911 with computerized call centers, typhoon free city, street lights all over from the mountains to downtown area, 2,163 km of lush forests, mt. apo trekking and climbing, davao gulf pristine beaches, mountain resorts, cheap food and accomodations, fresh air, clean water, garbage free downtown, etc.... maybe cebu will cry, where are the malls and highrises!!! well, would you expect metropolitan freak newyorkers, korean, europeans go to cebu just to lurk in the malls and see those highrises, they flock your beaches and resorts. now think again... cebu will reach 100 storeys in every usable corner lot in the year 2100 but davao will always enjoy the 300 square meter residential lot, fresh air... and it's a joy watching the skyscrapers too from it's business district. buildings can be built, but nature? ask it to the gods.

two thumbs-up, bro.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    i'd like to go to mt. apo someday.. :mrgreen:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apocusp
    Dude, I have no intention to belong to your league, HELL NO! whatever that means. You can call my postings names and I leave that to you, for me, that't just how the coockie crumbles. I don't shudder at the tone of your postings and it's a waste of your time throwing your weight around here, it will just fell on deaf ears, as far as I am concerned, as long as you continue to be prejudiced to other cities' forumers. We came here because for heaven's sakes that's what the title so required. We would defend our city in wherever forum there is that mentions against it, or demeans the very nature of it, and that is our business.
    I think you meant "it will just fall on deaf ears. For someone who likes to correct and ridicule others, I expected better. Defend your city, I never said anything about not defending it... but defend it with verifiable facts and not throw insults at anyone who think that theirs is better. Just because others find your malls boring you insult them? Didn't you demean ours as well? It is also my business to defend mine... and in my turf, either you abide by our rules or you get out.

malaysia, how you conduct yourself in public speaks about where you came from. There is no question that he is defending his city, the question is "Is he defending it within the context of a healthy discussion?"

C.I.A.

hey mr. apocusp, why don't we focus on the topic, show us some concrete accomplishment of your beloved DAVAO why it should be given the title as the PHILS. TOP CITY

I'll quote ARNOLDSA's post here just to give you a headsup.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldsa
    CEBU -- VISION CITY

- 7th best island in the Asia-Pacific for 2004 (Condenast)
    - 8th best island in the Asia-Pacific for 2005 (Condenast)
    - 8th most livable city in Asia and the most livable city in the Philippines (Asiaweek)
    - the most preferred convention city outside Manila
    - the most popular tourist destination in the Philippines and one of Asia's preferred (PAL Mabuhay Magazine)
    - the second biggest metropolis in the Philippines
    - Southern Philippines' gateway and growth leader

NEW DEVELOPMENTS in the next few months..!!!

- AYALA CENTER CEBU will be expanding to cover the lots currently occupied by the jeepney terminal, the Marriot Parking area, and the unoccupied space beside it.. The expansion will be almost half as the original floor area of the existing building..!!! VERY VERY big and grandiose expansion indeed!!! The biggest in the Visayas and Mindanao...!

- Gaisano Mall of Cebu (as large as SM City Cebu) is being pursued by the Gaisanos.. A new crane has been put up on the site..

- A high-rise building will also rise at the South Road Properties (SRP). The architect is Arch. Francisco Noel.

VIPs Who Have Been to Cebu:

- His Excellency the President of Germany (West)
    - His Holiness Pope John Paul II
    - His Holiness the Papal Legate
    - His Excellency the Prime Minister Go Chok Tong of Singapore
    -The Vice-President of Vietnam
    - The Honorable Governors of Fujian, Hainan, Hawaii, etc.. (sisterhood pacts)
    - The Honorable Mayors of Harlemmermer, Busan, Xiamen, Kaoshiung, etc.. (sisterhood pacts)
    - The Honorable Ambassadors of Spain, France, USA, Italy, China, etc..etc..
    - The Honorable Ministers of ASEAN and APEC (related Ministers' meetings)
    - The royalties of Thailand, Brunei, etc..etc..

The Most Preferred Convention City outside Manila:

- Miss Asia-Pacific
    - Asian Tourism Forum (ATF)
    - East Asian Tourism Forum (EATOF)
    - APEC Ministers related-meetings (tourism, trade, etc..etc..)
    - ASEAN Ministers related-meetings (tourism, cyberterrorism, security, etc..etc..)
    - 12th ASEAN Leaders Summit and 2nd East Asia Community Summit (December 2006)

- Philippine Advertising Congress
    - Personnel Management Association of the Philippines
    - Philippine Jaycees Inc. National Convention
    - Asia-Pacific Jaycess International Convention

- and hundreds of other international and local gatherings..!

International Events/Concerts in Cebu:

- World Wrestling Federation; WWE (went to Cebu twice)
    - Frank Sinatra
    - Boyzone
    - PearlJam
    - Air Supply
    - Constantine
    - Michael Buble
    - David Pomeranz
    - Vince Larusso
    - The Magic of Curtis
    - The Lettermen
    - other prominent classical violinists and soloists of Europre..
    - etc..etc..

Mactan-Cebu International Airport

- soon to become the country's premier international airport
    - the only "earning" and "real" international airport in the country aside from the NAIA
    - the country's second largest major gateway to Asia and the world;
    - in the next three years, construction of a P1 billion Terminal II and a second parallel runway will be completed

International Hotels in Cebu and other hotels

- Shangri-La's Mactan Island Resort and Spa (currently Asia's best as rated by Time Magazine and CondeNast Magazine)
    - Hilton Cebu Hotel, Resort and Condominiums (22-storeys)
    - Marco Polo Plaza Hotel (23-storeys)
    - Waterfront Cebu City Hotel (15-storeys)
    - Waterfront Mactan Airport Hotel (9-storeys)
    - Cebu City Marriot Hotel (15-storeys)
    - Crown Regency Hotel and Club Ultima (40-storeys and 24 storeys respectively)
    - Parklane International Hotel (20-storeys)
    - Days Hotel Cebu
    - Plantation Bay Hotel, Resort and Spa (a member of the small hotels and resorts in the world; one of Asia's best)
    - Cebu Midtown Hotel (14-storeys)
    - Rajah Park Hotel (10-storeys)
    - and a hundred more hotels...

Opportunities in Cebu for investors

- 300 hectares South Road Properties Special Economic Zone (Industrial, Commercial, mixed, etc..)
    - AsiaTown IT Park (looks like THE FORT)
    - Cebu Business Park (Cebu's very own Makati)
    - West Cebu Industrial Park (the country's largest Ship-building facility)
    - MEPZ I and II (the country's most succesful export processing zones)
    - Cebu Light Industrial Park (for light industries)

11.    Advertisement