Page 171 of 439 FirstFirst ... 161168169170171172173174181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4381

MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO

This discussion is about "MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO" in the "Destinations" forums.
bitawe. kung mahalin na gani na diha, expect ta nga maanindot jud na diha dapita. Daghna na sad ta shopping or simple malling choices....

Default Re: MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO

bitawe. kung mahalin na gani na diha, expect ta nga maanindot jud na diha dapita. Daghna na sad ta shopping or simple malling choices.

Davao most competitive city -- study

First posted 05:32am (Mla time) May 01, 2006
    Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on page A5 of the May 1, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

DAVAO CITY -- This city was adjudged anew the most competitive among the country's largest cities based on the 2005 Philippine Cities Competitiveness Ranking Project (PCCRP) conducted by the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Policy Center.

It was the second time the city drew the highest ranking in the PCCRP study, the first time being in 2002.

Also rated as competitive cities in the recent AIM study were Makati, Las Piñas, Marikina and Muntinlupa.

AIM professor Mario Lopez presented the study during last week's Mindanao Coalition for Transparent Governance (MCTAG) forum held at the Apo View Hotel here.

Lopez said the AIM study measured seven major "drivers" with corresponding indicators such as the cost of doing business, dynamism of local economy, linkages and accessibility, human resources and training, infrastructure, responsiveness of the city to business needs, and quality of life.

He said Davao City ranked first in the cost of doing business, second
    in both dynamism of local economy and linkages and accessibility. It was 3rd in infrastructure, 4th in quality of life, 6th in responsiveness to business needs, and 11th in human resources and training.

Lopez said the 2005 PCCRP study rated 65 cities in three categories -- metropolitan, midsize and small.

He said the city's poor performance in human resources and training might have been the result of the low ratio of its schools to the appropriateness of the courses offered.

Roberto Teo, chief of the Davao City Investment Promotion Center, said the 2005 rating meant the city was headed in the right direction.

"With an average economy of P100 billion and an improving economic performance, the city will surely continue to be on top of other Philippine cities in terms of competitiveness," he said.

Lopez said the study showed that the most competitive mid-sized cities were Bacolod, Batangas, Iligan, Iloilo and San Fernando in Pampanga province, and the most competitive small cities were Dagupan; Legazpi; Koronadal; Naga; Olongapo; San Fernando in La Union province; Sta. Rosa; Surigao; Tagbilaran and Tagum. Judy Quiros, PDI Mindanao Bureau

C.I.A.

Hail Davao...............

I love both cities --- Cebu and Davao --- go vigilanties go go go....

Quote Originally Posted by mosimos
    Davao most competitive city -- study

First posted 05:32am (Mla time) May 01, 2006
    Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on page A5 of the May 1, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

DAVAO CITY -- This city was adjudged anew the most competitive among the country's largest cities based on the 2005 Philippine Cities Competitiveness Ranking Project (PCCRP) conducted by the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Policy Center.

It was the second time the city drew the highest ranking in the PCCRP study, the first time being in 2002.

Also rated as competitive cities in the recent AIM study were Makati, Las Piñas, Marikina and Muntinlupa.

AIM professor Mario Lopez presented the study during last week's Mindanao Coalition for Transparent Governance (MCTAG) forum held at the Apo View Hotel here.

Lopez said the AIM study measured seven major "drivers" with corresponding indicators such as the cost of doing business, dynamism of local economy, linkages and accessibility, human resources and training, infrastructure, responsiveness of the city to business needs, and quality of life.

He said Davao City ranked first in the cost of doing business, second
    in both dynamism of local economy and linkages and accessibility. It was 3rd in infrastructure, 4th in quality of life, 6th in responsiveness to business needs, and 11th in human resources and training.

Lopez said the 2005 PCCRP study rated 65 cities in three categories -- metropolitan, midsize and small.

He said the city's poor performance in human resources and training might have been the result of the low ratio of its schools to the appropriateness of the courses offered.

Roberto Teo, chief of the Davao City Investment Promotion Center, said the 2005 rating meant the city was headed in the right direction.

"With an average economy of P100 billion and an improving economic performance, the city will surely continue to be on top of other Philippine cities in terms of competitiveness," he said.

Lopez said the study showed that the most competitive mid-sized cities were Bacolod, Batangas, Iligan, Iloilo and San Fernando in Pampanga province, and the most competitive small cities were Dagupan; Legazpi; Koronadal; Naga; Olongapo; San Fernando in La Union province; Sta. Rosa; Surigao; Tagbilaran and Tagum. Judy Quiros, PDI Mindanao Bureau

go davao.. maayo tanan siyudad sa pilipinas ma preha sa davao ug cebu para mas molambo ang pilipinas..

i was in davao last week then visit ko digos city sa ako relatives. nice man sad diay ang digos city.

Blog Entries

peace ra jud au ning davao

Urban Davao!

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/bo2.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/sanpedro1.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_0457.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=261]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_0233a.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_0223.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_1975.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_0218.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=267]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/IMG_0229a.jpg[/img]

C.I.A.

halu sa inyo tanan!

@micah.... muleng taga davao jud ko o ug naa jud ko ron davao wa ko txt nimo kay globe ka saun vah naka unli ko! toinks!

@posjen.. halu sis oks lang mn ikaw musta na wa nmn ka txt2x

nice nmn jud ang davao very clean pa jud

@acid_burn.. asa mn d i ka ron cebu?.. naa sad me balay sa panabo sa mn inyo sa panabo? amo sa LOzada

@TJ... wow nice mga fixtures asa mn ka nanguha ana! ning anhi naka davao?

nindot gyud ning Davao.. peaceful kaau, limpyu pa gyud.. went there before, ngano mag tagalog man an taga davao?

11.    Advertisement