Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

All about CEBU PACIFIC Airlines

This discussion is about "All about CEBU PACIFIC Airlines" in the "Destinations" forums.
i made an online ticket purchase thru cebu pacific which i requested to have refunded over the phone last june 25. i was told that ...

Default Re: Cebu Pacific Air Refund? Don't hold your breath while you wait.

i made an online ticket purchase thru cebu pacific which i requested to have refunded over the phone last june 25. i was told that it would be a 2-month long wait before the amount (minus the charges) will be credited to my card. i asked why an online ticket purchase immediately gets posted to my credit card, while a refund was going to take 2 months. they tried say it would be the credit card company who takes a long time to react, but i refuse to believe that, having made transaction requests that were handled at least the next banking day. in short, there was no decent answer to my question. so i wait.

i am not holding my breath...

i had mine refunded last week.. but since i purchased it in cash, i didnt have to wait a very long period of time. i went to their main at robinsons cebu.. well bcoz many people were on queue, i waited 2 hours, better than six months. at least when i got home, i had the money. the refund fee was only 336. for every ticket. not for every flight. why not got there instead? i suggest 6-7pm.

Thanks, Robinson's Cebu is actually the office where I filled out my refund request. Although mine was not purchased there (or in Cebu), but that should not make a difference, their money all goes to the same place. My purchase was also cash.

I am in the process of trying to go up the ladder in their chain of command. I do have a friend that works for them and I will probably see him this Saturday. I am sure he will help me get some names & numbers after I tell him what has happened. Of course I will not tell them where I got their info... I don't want my friend to be reprimanded for this, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by meowa
    i made an online ticket purchase thru cebu pacific which i requested to have refunded over the phone last june 25. i was told that it would be a 2-month long wait before the amount (minus the charges) will be credited to my card. i asked why an online ticket purchase immediately gets posted to my credit card, while a refund was going to take 2 months. they tried say it would be the credit card company who takes a long time to react, but i refuse to believe that, having made transaction requests that were handled at least the next banking day. in short, there was no decent answer to my question. so i wait.

If I was you, I would do as Gwynhuever did... stay on top of them and follow up... before your paperwork gets lost in a pile... heheh.

i think its really true that credit card companies takes a long time to react/process your refunds...it happened to me, made a refund on double posting of my bills...i guess it took them almost 4 months to do the adjustments....then i made a follow-up every week....

Blog Entries

I had this happen to me once. It is true that you have to be on top of things and you have to keep on hounding them about the refund. Otherwise, nothing happens. Honestly, they just don't care. Filipinos, I guess, are just so used to bad service that we've brushed this aside as another fact of life, onli in da Pilipins.

I just resigned from my position as a travel agent for a big online travel company in the US.
    And I would have to say that your experience is happening worldwide.
    Not only here. Ours is even much better (not to say that i agree to what the company is doing to you).

In the airline industry nowadays a refund is an option which is seldom given to passengers.
    Instead, credits will be given under the passenger's name valid for 1yr from the date of purchase and
    can only be used by the same person provided one pays for the rebooking fee. And that fee is from $50 (by delta) and could reach to $200 (usually by British Airways).
    Imagine paying $100 for a ticket which was bought for $130??

Based on my experience, Cebu Pacific readily refunds the amount provided that you went to the office where you bought the ticket.
    But if the ticket was bought somewhere else, then that is a different story.

Let me advise you not to rely on email.
    Call the number that was given to you, although it might take forever.
    Emails are pretty much useless because it is just a reply that an airline agent had copied from her generic-reply list.
    When you get someone on the phone, ask for the agent's name and demand for a supervisor immediately to expedite the process.
    Asking a friend who is working for the company for help might speed up the process also.
    I hope you get your refund soon..

hahahaha...
    this also happened to me when I went home from the states (but it was Perti Always Late or PAL). I purchased online when I was still in the states and was using my debit card. Pag-abot nako sa airport, my brother asked me to stay in manila for a while rather tan uli ko para bonding time daw namo. So I called up PAL to change my flight booking, okay pa kaayo, I only need to pay daw Php200. So the time came na uli nako, dirtso ra ko sa ila airport office to pay the PhP200 and get my new ticket to find out na sayop daw ang gisulti sa nakaanswer nako sa phone. ako daw dapat bayaran was almost Php5k!!! But if palit ko new ticket, i would only spend less than Php3k!!! Bisan pa moreklamo ko, wa nay mahimo kay I need to be in Cebu adto na time. So I end up buying the new ticket and asked for a refund of the unused ticket nga ilang sayop.

Pag-abot nako Cebu ako gihapit sa ila ticket office so fill up ko forms, etc. I asked if pwede pick up nako ang refund since I already closed all my bank accounts in the sates, then one of which was my debit card used to purchase the ticket online. I explained nga dili na nila mauli ang kwarta sa card since closed account naman but wa maminaw, dapat daw mohatag pa ko ug proof. So ako gihatagan sa email from the BB & T bank officer that accounts under my name are closed already. But still, giingnan ra ko na mabalik ra bitaw kuno sa ilang office ang amount if dili na dawaton sa bank.

To make the long story long, until now, almost a year na, wala gihapon ang refund!!!

Cute story no? lami isumbag!!!

OT: Cebu Pacific are not serving free snacks, YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meowa

hey! ive tried that too! purchased a ticket on november 20,2006 the refund was given on May 2007. when you use credit card they say its 6 months crediting period.
    unlike purchases to US commodity refund takes a max of 5 days like ebay or paypal.
    what i did with cebu pacific is that i kept sending them about 50 mails in a day to follow the refund! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by miavic

what i did with cebu pacific is that i kept sending them about 50 mails in a day to follow the refund! hahaha
    hmmm, nice idea ! Thanks

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast