• Storagetown to rise soon for your storage needs

Chase Cokaliong

Chase Cokaliong of Cokaliong Shipping Lines Inc. — is all set to bring the concept of self-storage to Cebuanos with his venture called StorageTown.

Soon to rise in Mandaue City in November, StorageTown will be the very first state-of-the-art self-storage facility in the Visayas, which Cokaliong believes will be the answer to many Cebuanos’ space — or lack thereof — concerns.

“Space is becoming a premium, and we hope to address that need by providing storage that’s secure and convenient for our customers,” said the son of the shipping magnate, Chester Cokaliong, the founder, CEO and COO of Cokaliong Shipping Lines Inc.

The self-storage industry may be a foreign concept to Cebu but it actually has been around since the 1960s in the United States. There are over 54,000 self-storage facilities in the United States alone, which translates to over 200 million square meters of leasable space. From there, as many cities around the world continue to develop, self-storage has been gaining traction in other countries, specifically in Asia.

“From my frequent travels for business and vacation, I noticed this industry to be very mature in other parts of the world especially in the US and now in Asia so I did a little research and I thought it would be perfect here for Cebu since we are trending on becoming highly urbanized,” shared the youthful businessman.

“Our biggest challenge is awareness. We plan to educate and show people how they can benefit from using a self-storage facility,” he added.

He adds that StorageTown will have a variety of unit sizes to address different personalities — such as lockers for those who need extra storage for travel items or Christmas decorations, to larger spaces that businesses might need for filing. As of now, a 90-square meter space would cost an estimate of P45,000 a month.

StorageTown is designed by Visionary Studio Architects, led by principal architect Jason Anthony Chua. The modern-day structure will be equipped with a top-of-the-line security system to guarantee that any items stored in the facility will be kept safe. On the construction side, Joseph Yu Construction Inc. is the official contractor.

At the groundbreaking which was held on February 18, Cokaliong shared the stage with his shareholders, his siblings Chesna, Chaz and Chanel. He also took the time to acknowledge the support he’s received from the members of his family, including his father the venerable Chester Cokaliong.

The groundbreaking festivities are just the beginning. Cokaliong said, "I look forward to seeing you again in nine months for the blessing and grand opening of StorageTown, Inc." (Jonas Panerio)
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top