• Gerald Anderson finds love and a feast of flavors at Hukad

Gerald Anderson has just confessed that he has a brand-new love.

“It’s true,” says Anderson. “My new love hails from Cebu, is very generous and family-oriented, and loves to cook all my favorite food.”

Anderson’s new love is none other than Hukad, part of the Golden Cowrie group of restaurants famed for their classic Cebuano and Filipino comfort dishes served in a modern dining experience.

A homegrown Cebuano success story

Hukad’s heritage of delicious comfort food began in 1982 with the opening of the first Golden Cowrie restaurant in Lahug, Cebu City. Serving native dishes in a relaxed and homey atmosphere.

When the company decided to franchise in 2009, the name Hukad (which in Bisaya means “to serve up food on one’s plate” if used as a verb, and “ladle” if taken as a noun) was developed for the more casual-dining, mall-based branches.

Today, Hukad and Golden Cowrie have over 40 branches all over the Philippines, with more already in the pipeline, especially in Metro Manila.

A feast of flavors

With over a hundred items on the menu and almost all good for sharing, Hukad lives up to its tagline “Always a Feast!” Highlighting the Filipino tradition of “salu-salo”, Hukad is the perfect place for families and friends to celebrate festive get-togethers or to bond over favorite meals.

To complement the abundance of dishes, Hukad also innovated by offering unlimited freshly-cooked rice to all its patrons.

When asked about some of his favorite dishes at Hukad, Gerald had quite a mouthful to say.

“Hukad’s showstoppers are the Crispy Pata and Lechon Belly de Cebu. The Crispy Pata won People’s Choice in the Sun Star Best of Cebu Awards, while the Lechon Belly is a Cebuano specialty, a crowd-pleaser with tender meat and crispy skin oven-roasted daily in savory seasonings and herbs. You can order them in different sizes, ranging from good for 2-3 to good for the whole angkan.

When it comes to seafood, for which Cebu is famous for, Hukad doesn’t disappoint. It has a feast of choices, from Grilled Tuna Panga and Tuna Belly to Stuffed Squid and Garlic Chili Shrimps. A bestseller is the Baked Bantayan Scallops, which are flown in fresh from Bantayan Island near Cebu and topped with buttery cheese and garlic.

“When I eat Hukad dishes, I would always remember how mom took care of me when I was young. So it’s always nakakabusog ng tiyan at ng puso when it’s my turn to treat my mom at Hukad because it brings us closer as a family.” Shares Anderson.

Asked if he had any shoutouts to his fans and fellow Filipino food lovers, Gerald invited them in Bisaya to dine at Hukad and discover why “It’s Always a Feast.”

“Ari na! Ugbisitana ta sa Hukad, Kaon ta bai!”

In Cebu, Golden Cowrie is located at Salinas Drive Lahug, Marina Mall, AS Fortuna, SM City Cebu and Golden Cowrie Filipino Kitchen at Ayala Center Cebu. Hukad is located at Robinson’s Cybergate, The Terraces of Ayala Center Cebu, Parkmall, South Town Center, SM Seaside City and Sands Gateway Danao.

Visit www.alwaysafeast.ph and follow www.facebook.com/HukadGoldenCowrie to know more about this proudly Cebuano restaurant.
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top