• Fashion Jewelry Display Kicks Off Quest Hotel's 12 Days of Christmas

Fashion jewelry and accessories are excellent gifts for one's self or for friends or relatives this holiday season.

In fact, exquisitely designed bracelets, necklaces, earrings and even clutch bags by Christine Virtucio are on display at the lobby of Quest Hotel in Cebu City. The pop-up display kicks off the 12 Days of Christmas series of the hotel for the Christmas season.

The pop-up display also marks the first year of partnership between Quest Hotel and Virtucio whose designs are noted for their environment-friendly appeal and chic vibe.

The colorful pendants and charms of the jewelry items are actually made from cellophane garbage bags of various colors gathered from the different malls in Tagbilaran, Bohol, according to Virtucio.

Other jewelry items are made with brass that have been upcycled from scrap brass sourced from Cebu and Bohol. Next year, Virtucio said they will be introducing a new collection that will incorporate new elements, maybe leather.

Environmental advocates will certainly be delighted to know how plastic garbage bags can be upcycled and rise above its lowly place through Virtucio fashion jewelry.

The pop-up display also introduces Casa Virtucio, a new line of household items that will be made available in 2020. The first releases are plates and coasters. Moreover, Virtucio said that plans for next year include coming up with a home accessories line.
    The Virtucio fashion jewelry and other items are available at the Business Center of Quest Hotel all year round.

The Virtucio fashion jewelry is the first one to use plastics, according to Virtucio whose love for fashion jewelry and accessories started when she was in high school wherein she would make her own accessories. Her penchant for jewelry was largely influenced by her mother who was into the jewelry business.

Last year, Virtucio was also able to participate in the Manila FAME, the largest industry event in the country, where her fashion jewelry collection won an award.

Plastic cellophane trash bags are collected by women who belong to the association, Kure, who then prepare and heatpress these. With the help of the Japan International Cooperation Agency, the microbusiness was able to acquire a fabrication machine, Virtucio narrated.

Meanwhile, Quest Hotel, by partnering with Virtucio, highlights its concern for the environment and support for microbusinesses.
    Other activities for Quest Hotel's 12 Days of Christmas include movie nights, Christmas bingo, a pool party and more. For the full schedule of the activities, one can visit fb.com/cebuquesthotel. (Thea C. Rinen)
    You may like...
    Comments 2 Comments
      julie89 -
      Their jewellery items are so bright and delightful.

And yes, I can absolutely agree, that jewelry and golden accessories are excellent gifts for one's self or for friends or relatives, for any time of the year.
      maxxz91 -
      Every great holiday like someone's birthday from my family, I prefer to buy gifts made from precious metals like rose gold or silver. And this web resource ( here: www.fjewellery.co.uk ) is the only one I can trust. I've tried some other stores with jewelry items, but Fjewelry has the biggest collection of rings, bracelets and earrings.

Facebook Comments

about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top