Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Dame..hoaaawwwwwaaaaahhhhamd!

This discussion is about "Dame..hoaaawwwwwaaaaahhhhamd!" in the "Computer Hardware" forums.
Originally Posted by keropi Samsung has a very innovative R&D team. They also own many IPs and they hold a strong position in the memory ...

Quote Originally Posted by keropi View Post
    Samsung has a very innovative R&D team. They also own many IPs and they hold a strong position in the memory fab business. Hapit na baya mogawas ilang 20nm memory. This along with great R&D will hugely benefit AMD.
    samsung is actually listed on intel's list of battle order in an article i read many years ago, before the intel's leap year time

1 amd
    2 samsung
    3 ibm etc..

that dame stone < lithos in greek > hit two birds in one shot

intel core snatched the performance crown from amd with Core2Dou x6800 till present..
    and ditch IBM Power PC5 from Mac computers

eng eng eng...

now, it is time to upgrade the list andd put samsung on no1 list.

i'm excited! c'mon AMD!
    Last edited by butitoy; 01-20-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    keropi likes this.

and intel mobile segment will surely die when the merging happens

and it's already losing it.

Intel Lost Over $4 Billion On Mobile Last Year

imagine what samsung can bring to amd's corner in the mobile segment

AMD APU + Samsung SOC | RAM technology

the strengthening of this tech :

Last edited by butitoy; 01-20-2015 at 06:42 PM.

^ ang silingan nmo diri na Intel Mobile na building, pwerteng mingawa... mura'g sira naman gani ni sila... hehehe... red ocean nang mobile market (phone and tablets/MID)... daghan kaayo mga hari sa ani na segment. this is the domain of the ARM CPUs and not the x86 based... not battery friendly man ning x86 based chips compared sa current ARM CPU offering...

by the way, dako kaayo ni'g income ang ARM Technology on their patent... kay tanan semicon Companies na mo gamit sa ilahang patent, mag bayad ug royalty fee... and we're included here... bayad mi nila sa amoang products na nag gamit sa ilahang technology... in IC design, there is no such thing as "Open Source"... hehehe...

mao gyu sir.

even Mac uses ARM Cortex tech, mao ni hinungdan sa ilang away sa samsung

nagkanindot!

royal battle rumble of the giants

not to mention the titan killers na newcomers like this :

Allwinner Shakes Up Mobile Chip Industry With $5 64-Bit Chip

Allwinner's $5 quad-core 64-bit chip should make possible the creation of mobile devices that cost as low as $50, come with Lollipop out of the box, and deliver surprisingly good performance for the price -- all while encouraging competitors to lower their prices, as well.

let me put that again...
    all while encouraging competitors to lower their prices, as well.
    lloyd_joy and backstabbd88 like this.

kanindot ani nga merging, go AMD+Samsung,i think kuyawan ang intel ani.

Maayo Samsung og Apple mag merge and make a new company called "Sample".

Bitaw, I like AMD products ok raman. Kansi lang jud sila sa spending power sa Intel. They should merge with Samsung or pa buy out sila.

Samsung is planning to buy RIM man sad gani, the makers of Blackberry.

Korean chicks FTW!
    butitoy and dhekoy33 like this.

^ way ayo nang business sa RIM ron... outdated ilahang mobiles... hehehehe... ang amoang project partnership w/ RIM was scrapped... and this was last 4 yrs ago... wla man lagi mo pick-up ang business nila. maayo pag paliton sa Samsung para dili mo file ung bankruptcy sila... hehehe...
    butitoy likes this.

G.hilantan nah tingale ang Intel ron.. me as an Intel fanboy, really worried with this merge.. either m.accept sa competition si Intel or m.give in. Ang sinaligan sa Intel nga PC market kay posible mawagtang because of this merge..

Intel + Nvidia buyout anyone?

Basin manggawas nah ni ang mga mobile devices nga tag.as kaau ug specs.. I guess we'll have to wait kung unxa ang i.focus sa Amdung or SamD, mobile bah or desktop. Samsung now has production capability for both.

^ bro, naa man gyud ko diri's semicon industry... wla gyud na nakuratan ang intel bro... their technology is ahead of the competition. wla na nila gipagawas tanan design/ technology nila. sila man ang nag dictate (sort-off) in terms of computing power (desktop, worstation and server)... fact ni, AMD's Opteron server CPUs are also powerful pero, ang dako ug market share ang intel sa "Corporate" Market... about sa "Consumer Market" kun asa ta na belong, mas gamay ni siya'g share sa over-all profit margin nila... but fact is that, dako gihapon ug market share in the consumer market ang big Blue...

The Linley Group - A Guide To Server Processors

basta, kun mag merge ni sila duha, we'll see new level of competition... it may give big Blue another level of competition as well... just wait and see lang gyud ta... for sure, their 1st target CPU nila kay tua sa corporate level... on the server and for sure, desktop and mobile offerings will follow... dako ug possibility na ang sa mobile application, mag una sila pero, steep kaayo ang competition... imagine atong tag $5 USD na Arm CPU... lisod2x ni atbangan kay kun parehasan, mo pa ubos man pud to sila'g price... paets lagi kaayo ni diri sa semicon industry... pug-on pud ta'g maayo sa pricing...

to add... let me quote this last paragraph sa write-up on the link that I've provided... take note on the current market share sa Intel on Corporate level (server market)... aguroy kaayo... this is near a "monopoly"... tsk tsk tsk... they have the products man sa gud... ang as i've mentioned above, they dictate the industry...

Having 96% market share, Intel faces no effective competition in many segments of the server market and is able to name its own prices. This situation is good for Intel shareholders but bad for Intel customers. These customers are actively supporting new competitors, as well as AMD, in hopes of putting pressure on Intel to moderate its processor prices. ARM competition has already forced Intel to increase its pace of innovation, introducing Atom-based SoCs to the microserver market. It may take a few more years, but ARM vendors are likely to eat into Intelís market share and return balance to the server-processor market.

here's another reference para pang puno sa kaban of knowledge... sus, sa kani na write-up, > 98% market share na gyud ang sa intel in the server market... unsa naman ni woi... tsk tsk tsk... annihilated man tanan competition... sige pa sila ani?

Intel and AMD: The Juggernaut Vs. The Squid - Forbes

please allow me to quote again...

Which brings us to today. The gloves are definitely off now. Intel no longer seems to care about maintaining AMDís market share and has pounded it into the ground in most markets, notably server, where Intelís unit share hit 98.3% in 3Q14, according to Mercury Researchís PC Processor Report, and 98.5%, according to IDC. In notebooks, Mercuryís 3Q14 figure is 92.9%, while IDC pegs it at 90.3%. Mercury says Intelís desktop share was 82.7%, while IDC puts it at 81.8%, but those desktop figures are small comfort to AMD, since desktop is the least profitable of the three segments. At this point, Intelís revenue is an order of magnitude larger than AMDís, and its market cap is nearly two orders of magnitude greater.

So, how does Intelís smaller rival survive the juggernautís onslaught? By being a squid: a highly flexible, yet strong, opportunistic predator that can squeeze itself into niches for protection and dart out to attack.

mao ni ang reason why AMD and Samsung merger is good for both... para maka inject ug new competition... bisan gamay (server, workstation & desktop segments) ug dako sa mobile segment, basta naa ang presence nila, pyts... go go go AMD & Samsung!!!......... para pud kitang mga consumers, malipayon kay kita ang mabulahan sa competition...

in mobile application, dako pa'g apason ning Intel (x86) compared sa ARM CPUs... but kun mo focus ni sila napud sa ani na segment, then we don't know how many years pud sila maka apas... personally, i hope dili unta sila maka apas sa ani ma market para naa'y market share pud ang uban Company... hehehe...
    Last edited by lloyd_joy; 01-22-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    wylliexhan and The_Stoic like this.

boss lloyd, wais gyud na intel. dili sa siguro sila mo dominate sa mobile market kay very comfortable man kaayo ila position sa uban aspect sa tech. kung madayon na siguro ang merge, basin hinay hinayan ug apas nila ang mobile market to keep their profits.

kahayahay sa mga stockholders sa intel.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast