Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Why hire an architect?

This discussion is about "Why hire an architect?" in the "Career Center" forums.
up up up.................................................

up up up..............................................

Nindot jud if magpa architect. I have seen some houses na gi build or gi renovate. You know nga naka kwarta jud ang ta iya, pero sadly they did not think to hire an architect. nag buot2 ra sa design. you think you know what you want, but if you're not a professional bati jud ang result.

samok kau sa eyes ang dako nga balay nga bati ang design. eyesore kaau, especially if sa subdivision nga nindot ang mga houses and paved and tree-lined ang roads.

naa sad koy mga friends na nagpa renovate na nagpa architect jud. nice kaau ang result. mura jud model homes ilang balay. nindot ang materyales and coordinated kaau ang designs. during the process, na shock jud sila kay they spent more than they were expecting.

for example, they had planned to buy this tile, but the architect suggested another one that's more angayan and sturdy. of course, more expensive too. mao na nidako nuon ang budget.

but in the end, dili sad ka magmahay kay nindot jud kaau ang result sa balay and you'll be so proud when people compliment you.

regarding why hire an architect? it's simply because an architect is a professional. he spent years studying the course and gets paid for his knowledge.

it's the same as going to any other professional. you can do it yourself or you can pay more for quality.

why go to a doctor when you're sick when you can go to a manghihilot?
    why send your kids to school when you can teach them yourself?
    why hire a caterer for your wedding when you can cook the food yourself?

getting a professional is all about paying someone for their expertise. there will always be an unscrupulous architect, doctor, teacher, caterer... it's up to you to do your research and make sure that everything in the contract is black and white.

pero kung ako magpa tukod na og house, i'll make sure i have the budget for an architect kay lahi jud.

Im an arki, and frankly, sometimes I think that we are an unnecessary luxury.

ato ni isaka.....

Quote Originally Posted by bellablogger View Post
    Nindot jud if magpa architect. I have seen some houses na gi build or gi renovate. You know nga naka kwarta jud ang ta iya, pero sadly they did not think to hire an architect. nag buot2 ra sa design. you think you know what you want, but if you're not a professional bati jud ang result.

samok kau sa eyes ang dako nga balay nga bati ang design. eyesore kaau, especially if sa subdivision nga nindot ang mga houses and paved and tree-lined ang roads.

naa sad koy mga friends na nagpa renovate na nagpa architect jud. nice kaau ang result. mura jud model homes ilang balay. nindot ang materyales and coordinated kaau ang designs. during the process, na shock jud sila kay they spent more than they were expecting.

for example, they had planned to buy this tile, but the architect suggested another one that's more angayan and sturdy. of course, more expensive too. mao na nidako nuon ang budget.

but in the end, dili sad ka magmahay kay nindot jud kaau ang result sa balay and you'll be so proud when people compliment you.

regarding why hire an architect? it's simply because an architect is a professional. he spent years studying the course and gets paid for his knowledge.

it's the same as going to any other professional. you can do it yourself or you can pay more for quality.

why go to a doctor when you're sick when you can go to a manghihilot?
    why send your kids to school when you can teach them yourself?
    why hire a caterer for your wedding when you can cook the food yourself?

getting a professional is all about paying someone for their expertise. there will always be an unscrupulous architect, doctor, teacher, caterer... it's up to you to do your research and make sure that everything in the contract is black and white.

pero kung ako magpa tukod na og house, i'll make sure i have the budget for an architect kay lahi jud.

Blog Entries
    one example is the project i am working on now, ug walay archi ang train station nga among gibuhat karon di magkadimao, walay makiglalis sa civil nganong ingun ana kabag un ang slab or ingun ana ang setback sa walls. wa silay pakialam kung magka tuwad tuali na ang tiles or arrangement sa panels, basta lig on lang. i would never consider my profession an unnecessary luxury, i think its a necessity. otherwise the city scapes you see around the world now would just be boxes. you would not see an empire state building, an eiffel tower, all the gothic churches, temples, the Colosseum, etc... you would see boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by hexo View Post
    Im an arki, and frankly, sometimes I think that we are an unnecessary luxury.
    too bad bro..i hate to disagree..not an architect here but values the profession

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manoyjoe View Post
    one example is the project i am working on now, ug walay archi ang train station nga among gibuhat karon di magkadimao, walay makiglalis sa civil nganong ingun ana kabag un ang slab or ingun ana ang setback sa walls. wa silay pakialam kung magka tuwad tuali na ang tiles or arrangement sa panels, basta lig on lang. i would never consider my profession an unnecessary luxury, i think its a necessity. otherwise the city scapes you see around the world now would just be boxes. you would not see an empire state building, an eiffel tower, all the gothic churches, temples, the Colosseum, etc... you would see boxes...
    mailhan jud ang agi sa civil bro kay rugged and robust without beauty..

thank you so much for posting this! i'm an architect too and i have recently handled a project where the owner hired the an engineer first to do the building, and then me for the interiors. i've had a few problems about the space planning. some rooms were very tight, and the location of some doors don't make sense because they were placed at the very center of the wall, which leaves the space behind it useless. Nya i can't force the owner to move/change anything kay they have been installed na and it would cost so much to take them down... tsk tsk... anyway, basta thank you! more people should know our worth!
    manoyjoe likes this.

Banned User
    let the architect do the planning while you work and make money to pay him/her

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bernard View Post
    I'm an engineer... I can design my own house, provide actual estimates and program of works, provide building wiring, and other things.

Pero dili manko architect, I feel common ra ako mga ideal floor plans, and dili ko satisfied, that's why if ever I will build a house, I will ask the services of an architect to improve my design kay ila man ni expertise.

thank you!!! i respect engineers who think the way you do.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve Calipes Miala View Post
    thank you!!! i respect engineers who think the way you do.
    only mga brayt nga engineers think like that

11.    Advertisement

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast