Page 1013 of 3236 FirstFirst ... 100310101011101210131014101510161023 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 32353
Like Tree1750Likes

Trading the Philippine Stock Market

This discussion is about "Trading the Philippine Stock Market" in the "Business, Finance & Economics Discussions" forums.
@dodongisputing Boss, katong nahitabo sa-una nga US recession? Where there signs prior to the market crash? Pareha ba to ug pattern ron?...

Default Re: Trading the Philippine Stock Market

@dodongisputing

Boss, katong nahitabo sa-una nga US recession?
    Where there signs prior to the market crash?

Pareha ba to ug pattern ron?

Quote Originally Posted by redhorse1L View Post
    @dodongisputing

Boss, katong nahitabo sa-una nga US recession?
    Where there signs prior to the market crash?

Pareha ba to ug pattern ron?
    Daghan signs but not a lot of people expected inon ato ka-grabe ang effect. By 2007, nag burst na ang bubble sa housing. Pero people didn't expect na grabe diay ang extent sa mga subprime mortgage.

Ang situtation karon is really different from 2008.

mga pinoy oracles, please give go signal if you believe the bear has reached the bottom. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by dodongisputing View Post
    Daghan signs but not a lot of people expected inon ato ka-grabe ang effect. By 2007, nag burst na ang bubble sa housing. Pero people didn't expect na grabe diay ang extent sa mga subprime mortgage.

Ang situtation karon is really different from 2008.

hehehehe.. so karon, na-trauma na ang market mao nang nag-overreact..
    Oh well, I hope ok na ang DOW karon gabii..

mga bai, sorry for not being good kaau sah mga terms..
    unsa ganeh ng DOW?..

Quote Originally Posted by dodongisputing View Post
    I live in a reality where "supports", "resistances" and "falling knives" take a backseat role compared to profitability ratios, liquidity ratios, growth potential etc.

True, you might want to get out of the way of people panic selling. But this is what people like me wait for all year (sometimes even more). You wait for a time where prices of stocks do not represent their "true worth" (which is, by the way, subjective). You wait for the moments where people sell at unreasonably low prices. Then you take advantage of these moments and buy.

There is usually no immediate rebound. Substantial price drops are often followed by more drops. This is normal since there will always be capitulation, margin calls, etc. But we buy not for a quick buck. We buy because we consider the price as discounted.

Remember that it is always a cycle. After the doom and gloom there will be euphoria. And now you get the opposite, where prices are much more than what you consider as their "true worth". The stocks are now trading at a premium. Then we start selling to those who want to "ride the train".

I am not yet convinced that we have entered the doom and gloom part of the cycle yet. And I don't think the down market is a one day thing. But sometimes people like me just can't say no to stocks of profitable and growing companies selling at 5% discount from the previous day's close.

Buy low, sell high. It often works for us. But it's not as sophisticated and glamorous as we want stock trading to be. So it defnitiely will not appeal to most.

Good day istoryans.
    Bro, I respect your opinion it is you and everyone of us is different. But "WHAT IS LOW CAN GO LOW" and the stocks that you may buying today at a premium 5% may be selling at premium 20% or more for the next month. We don't know where's the bottom that's why I say look for a higher low to make sure market sentiment changed. If you don't believe a down market is a 1 day thing, then history justs repeat itself, remember the "Wall Street Crash 0f 1929" the crash that lead to the Great Depression. On Black Thursday of October 24, 1929 a "Sell Panic" set-in a record of 12,894,650 shares were traded on that day alone followed by Black Tuesday where a record 16,410,030 shares traded and Billions of dollars lost.

Me too is optimistic in our stock market because the macro environment of our economy is robost. But "One sour grapes spoiled the vineyard" it's just so bad that the sour grape is the US. I don't get out of the market beacuse other people panic. I get out when the market violates my trading plan. And my trading plan is "Once the Phisix breaks the support zone which i set-in. It's time for me to get out. But so far it never decisively break so i stay. If you are bleeding you need to stop the bleeding". Good luck to all of us

Most if not all major stock exchanges in the Asia-Pacific region are doing a tailspin. From NYSE, Dow Jones, to Hongkong, Shanghai, Nikkei, PSE, Jakarta Stock Exchange, Bursa Malaysia. Many investors are on cautious mode after the credit downgrade of the U.S by S&P yesterday, Monday.

@TWINSCAN

So bro, if P6 continues to go red tomorrow, is it abandon ship already? (technically speaking?)

Nice insights. For me, I think we need to let the market stabilize first before coming back again. Many think (each passing day) that the market "might" correct tomorrow so we buy those attractive discounted prices and ending up frustrated as it continues to go down. Personally for me, chances of rebound is low as we cannot control the current mood which is still in panic selling.

I admire those gurus who tell people to stay out of the market at this point and I feel sick at some who still say hold even if its pretty obvious what the market is telling us. ORE anyone? ^_^

11.    Advertisement