View RSS Feed

gracie7

1. Skincare Alphabet: E is For Emollients

Do you know how to decipher the ingredients label on your moisturiser? Or whether you should be using retinol? Or what the difference is between AHAs and BHA? Relax and let the Vogue Skincare Alphabet break it down.

What are they?
    Emollients are supple, lubricating agents that form a layer over the epidermis. There are both synthetic emollients, such as squalene and mineral oils, and natural emollients such as lanolin and cocoa butter.

What are they used for? ...
  2. Skincare Alphabet: D Is For Dimethicone

Do you know how to decipher the ingredients label on your moisturiser? Or whether you should be using retinol? Or what the difference is between AHAs and BHA? Relax and let the Vogue Skincare Alphabet break it down.

What is it?
    Dimethicone is a type of silicone, one of the most widely used in cosmetics, haircare and skincare.

What is it used for?
    You know the sort of creams and serums that feel like silk on the skin, leaving a smooth softened and slightly ...
  3. 3D Eyebrow Embroidery

Today, our focus will be on a very important facial feature, but one that is mostly overlooked—eyebrows.

Eyes, they say, are the windows of the soul. But the eyebrows, say a lot also, if not more. They frame one’s face, convey emotions, and complete any look. You can have a great profile, flawless face, impeccable make-up, but if paired with eyebrows in a sorry state, you still end up looking a disaster.
    While eyebrow styling continue to evolve, the need for well-groomed, well-shaped, ...
  4. What's the difference between BB Cream and CC Cream?

“It seems that you do a lot of research on makeup. I am wondering if you can tell me the difference between BB Cream, CC Cream and a Primer. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!!”

I assumed if she wanted to know the difference that some of you might have the same question. So why not write a post about it!

A few years ago, BB cream hit the market. It came from Asia (where the women have beautiful skin!) and it was a huge hit.

I still see it ...
  5. What are the differences between a BB, CC, DD and EE Cream? And which do you actually need?

For years now, we have been touting the benefits of all-in-one foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen. But what started out so innocently as a BB cream has now evolved into a revolution, with BB, CC, DD, and EE creams entering the market. As if makeup shopping wasn’t difficult enough, now it sounds like bra shopping in an alternate universe!

Luckily, I’ve spent time researching each cream, and I’m happy to tell you which I quite frankly think are worth the money and which are not! ...
  6. Contouring, Strobing & Baking: What you need to Know

If you don’t religiously follow beauty trends, you might think that contouring, strobing and baking are all weird things that people do at raves. Rest assured: these are simply techniques for shaping the face with makeup.

Many people are intimidated by these trends because makeup artists have recently taken them to the extreme.

You don’t have to be a professional makeup artist (or circus performer) to get these beautiful results. All you need are some powders or creams, ...
  7. Skincare Alphabet: C Is For Copper

What is it?
    Copper peptide GHK-Cu is found naturally in the human body, and combines the element copper with three amino acids, making it a tripeptide.

What is it used for?
    Copper peptides have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top