View RSS Feed

splendid moonlight

1. Trance Life

I often wondered why I continually put myself in a situation wherein I would lack sleep and feel awful the next day. Then I realize, with half of me hoping it isn't true, that I do so in order to put myself in a sort of trance as I go about most of my daily stuff. I find that when I'm in this state, I can focus on the things that matter; I tend not to sweat the small stuff, heck, I don't notice the small stuff, because all I want to do is to get everything over and done with so I can go home and ...

Updated 08-07-2012 at 03:04 AM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Life Is Fleeting

I bumped into a video of a beautiful girl named Eva who died of cystic fibrosis who documented her struggle with the disease online (I think her experience with the disease is about to be made into a movie).

Along with the recent death of our beloved kitten Ew2x - that's what we called him since he had the cutest "ew-ew" sounding Meow we ever heard in a kitten - who's lovely beyond words, it struck me one more time, in the same day, that life is fleeting.

So ...

Updated 08-07-2012 at 02:39 AM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just some talk about books

Most of my favorite books are "accidental" finds. I found one of them in Book Sale SM on a particularly aimless day. It had really great reviews on the back and came in a nice green old school feel cover that I liked. So I bought it not really expecting anything, and found myself blown away.

Some of my favorite books were shoved in front of my face by my brother. Still sort of accidental because I would never have chosen them if it were up to me. He would not stop talking ...

Updated 06-08-2012 at 03:52 AM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Just Another Day
  4. Shape Shifters

I’m a little bit embarrassed by some of my old posts here in istorya. The fact that your old posts show up somewhere in your profile the moment someone hits “like” doesn’t help. But if anything, I realize how much I’ve changed over the years.

For one thing, I no longer blame myself for relationships that didn’t work. Sometimes blaming one’s self - or in my own words “i could have loved u. and love u i did! wa lang nako ma tarong ug show” (I’m trying my very best not ...

Updated 05-26-2012 at 05:02 AM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some Kind of Goodbye

I find myself staring at books on my Shelfari page. I find myself removing Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice from my Favorites shelf. I find myself wondering if it was the right thing to do. After all, Jane’s long sentences and use of the word “affected” were fascinating to me and I knew I wouldn’t soon forget her. I found myself wanting, as I laid on the futon on the floor of my old room, to be as witty as Elizabeth.

And of course, there was Mr. Darcy - intelligent, handsome, brooding ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Of Catastrophes, Tact, and What Time It Is

Sendong brought heavy rains to Cebu a few days ago and I, together with a few friends, were caught up in one of its little arms of fury traveling from Mactan Island back to Cebu City from the beach at about 6 PM. It was one scary ride and being paranoid of storms ever since bagyong Roping hit Cebu about 20 years ago, I was beginning to doubt whether we would reach our destination. Memories of being away from my immediate family during a storm that howled at night came flooding back.

Updated 12-30-2011 at 05:25 PM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Things I Miss Doing/Having

In no particular order.

1. walks on the beach
    2. reading sci-fi
    3. watching 'Paris, Je T'aime' with no subtitles
    4. white water rafting in Cagayan de Oro
    5. a game of billiards with someone who knows how to play billiards =p
    6. salbaro
    7. lassi
    8. taking pictures
    9. videoke
    10. floating on my back on water staring at the night/morning sky above me
    11. riding the bike near my crush's house so that his dog can chase me ...

Updated 10-27-2011 at 07:29 AM by splendid moonlight

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top