View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #130: Palm Sunday Bushcraft

Featured in my Blogspot site on October 10, 2011

TODAY IS PALM SUNDAY, April 17, 2011. After fasting for a week, I think I need to do a light bush hike into the foothills of the Babag Mountain Range, Sapangdaku, Cebu City, where the Roble homestead is located. Not only that, I will polish off my bushcraft and survival skills and today is a perfect opportunity.

I will not need my cooking gears and my camp stove and I leave it intentionally behind. I will not be with ...
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #129: How to Catch Cave Bats for Food the Primitive Way

Featured in my Blogspot on October 1, 2011

CAVE BATS ARE A close relative of fruit bats. While fruit bats grow in size, their cave-dwelling cousins are smaller compared to them. Despite its habitat, cave bats do eat fruits aside from small insects. In short, both species share the same diet.

These bats are of such common sight and are numerous. This is not a threatened species though unlike those of fruit bats and you could hunt these provided that it is not for ...
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #107: How to Cook Milled Corn in Bamboo

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on January 1, 2011.

BAMBOO IS A MEMBER of the grass family and it has more than a thousand species of its genera. Unlike common grass, bamboo exhibits a woody appearance. One common species grows to about 30 to 40 feet high and has a pole divided into several segments which taper off at the topmost.

This kind of bamboo is very common in Asia, Africa, South America and in the islands of the Pacific. The bamboo has many uses from firewood ...
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #102: Guille's Trail

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on November 8, 2010.

IT IS SHOWERING as I waited for the others in the parking lot of the Our Lady of Guadalupe de Cebu Parish on June 20, 2010. It is Father's Day today. It is almost seven and the early morning Mass is about to end and I know Ernie Salomon is there inside praying for the success and safety of today's activity.

A blue Honda City arrive and out came Guille Zialcita in a blue shirt and beige shorts. Hmm...strange? ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #99: Bushcraft Buhisan

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on October 15, 2010

ERNIE SALOMON HAD been urging me for several weeks to go back and explore further the Buhisan Watershed Area which we did the first time on May 2, 2010. I saw his explorer spirit peak up once I led him down into the faint trails amidst dense jungle. It was a worthwhile activity for Camp Red that would surely perk any individual's interest.

This time, I will not be exploring more. I have seen enough. But, I ...
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top