View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #122: Charity Climb 2010

Featured in Blogspot on June 7, 2011

I WOKE UP WITH a fierce hangover of last night's party as my Motorola V3 screamed its existence at 5:00 AM of December 19, 2010. Nevertheless, I scrambled up from a drunkard's bed and settled myself in the bathroom for a quick cold washover. Expertly, I dash back and forth the width and length of my house and up and down my stairs and round up the things I need today.

This is the most important day in the lives of the children ...
    Categories
    Outdoors
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #121: A Man-Sized Hike

Featured in Blogspot on August 8, 2011

I ALWAYS PASS BY the Manipis Road in my sojourn into western Cebu and back and I could not hold my admiration and awe at the rugged yet beautiful piece of country that hosts the wide Mananga River below. From whence the road is standing is a mountain range that I have yet to know of a given name; from across the road is the southern end of the Babag Mountain Range; and to the west is the Sinsin Ridge that extend all the way to the Bonbon River ...
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #120: Warrior Pilgrimage, the Blog

Featured at Blogspot on August 1, 2011

CHANGE IS CONSTANT. It could happen to anyone and on any thing up to its minutest details and it could alter every thing under the sun even to those things considered good. My life is changing and so is this blog and it is not immune to change.

This blog – MERELY MY OPINION – have seen changes on its appearance twice including its niche. Formerly, upon its inception in August 2007, it is supposed to be a “rant station”. The ...

Updated 11-25-2014 at 03:43 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Essay
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #119: Why I Shift to Bushcraft and Survival?

Featured at Blogspot on June 16, 2011

ONCE UPON A TIME in Banilad, Cebu City in September 2009, I meet two foreigners inside the Gustavian Restaurant. Both were very amiable and they look like veterans of sleeping more than a thousand nights under the stars. One is an American who goes by the name of Thomas Moore and the other is Welsh, William Rhys-Davies. Both are old-school outdoorsmen in the purest sense of the word.

Over swigs of beer, we were talking about ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #118: The Trailhawk, Mt. Babag and Mr. Guinness

Featured at the Warrior Pilgrimage Blog on May 14, 2011

IN MY PRIME, DURING the early '90s, I have climbed the Babag Mountain Range four times. I laugh at the thought as I reminisce. That's a far cry from what I am doing now as a mere old man: twenty-four times a year. That's twice a month!

Do I feel good? Obviously, YES! I not only perspire a lot but I have increased my resistance to cold and heat and fatigue threefold. Besides I could do it alone. Rain or shine... ...

Updated 07-02-2014 at 11:46 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Opinion
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #117: Remembering my Time in the Gateway of the Sierra Madre

Featured at pinoyapache.blogspot.com on April 25, 2011.

THE TALL MARINE manning the gate gave me a hard punch on the solar plexus. I winced and retreated away when the Marine raised his Armalite, butt first, towards me. I faked the hurt so I could evade his aggressive challenge and the impending rifle butt blow. I succeeded there but I bade goodbye to my dinner and my freedom...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #116: PinoyApache Goes to Ormoc & Tacloban

First published on April 11, 2011.

MY CELLPHONE DELIVERED its message at four dawn. It woke me up! It is cold and it is November 17, 2010. Gotta go and catch a fastcraft for the port of Ormoc and an overland trip to Tacloban City in Leyte. A package laying idle in Ormoc City needs to be delivered to Tacloban ASAP...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)
    Categories
    Essay
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top