Blog Comments

"...most are either too caught up with being objective while some let subjective emotions dominate that we tend to ignore whatever our subconcious or gut feeling is..."

Or that perhaps others are simply just too dumb to figure it out. Sorry for being harsh but I've seen this, and it's a fact.
    i think that this sense of impermanence you are referring to is always present in our subconcious, something that influences our decisions and emotions without us being aware of it.

unfortunately, most are either too caught up with being objective while some let subjective emotions dominate that we tend to ignore whatever our subconcious or gut feeling is.

lucky are the few who are introspective enough to understand such impermanence and strive to factor it in in their daily living.

p.s. being in a constant state of inebriation actually helps one realize this sense of impermanence faster.
    Updated 10-30-2012 at 08:35 PM by sevmik
    During my elementary days, there were no resorts and no entrance fees... My family would just bring a tent and camp in the beach.... And the travel from Glan to GenSan is a 2.5 hours roller coaster ride....
    Mao na giingon wala'y personal accountability na mga pipol karong panahona.
    Sadly, that mentality among us Filipinos is the one that is causing us to not "do something about a condition". The woe-to-us-then-blame-the-government mentality is a good excuse for actually being dormant, even about cleanliness and hygiene...tsk, tsk...
    Apolinario, sorry, I'm now based in Davao City.
    Naa pa ka dri sa area bro? taga tacurong ra pud ko..
    i was lucky to have experienced being in that planetarium when i was a kid! i can still remember the magical moment when the stars turn into images of the constellations! it was so cool!
    We must be ready all the time!
    It was cloudy and everyone missed it.
    That's a great idea.
    soooo...are you saying there are people who are just born with a knack for douchebaggery?
    Therefore we are innate with goodness, maybe di lang natin makita..because we're so occupied with a lot of things and we forgot that doing good or being good is simple,, by just offering a smile to someone...
    Very insightful, especially for those of us who want to "force goodness" on our students.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodsky
    Now that you're here, I realized I should have titled the entry as...

"A Blue That's Bluer than Blue Pax" *chuckles*

-RODION
    That would really have your readers scratching their heads... or go glucose bingeing thinking that their wits must be asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevmik
    but I was more interested in its potential in fibre optics and computing. Imagine 11 more pathways for digital data? That's more than double the current capacity!
    Yes, there's not much practical things you can do with 11 new colors (maybe in the world of fashion perhaps?), but 11 more pathways for digital data, now that is meaty.

Now that you're here, I realized I should have titled the entry as...

"A Blue That's Bluer than Blue Pax" *chuckles*

-RODION
    That happens a lot, especially in the sciences. We have this hardcore thinkers and the purists saying that something is conclusive and final only to be disproven as technology progresses. Yet we have these individuals who sees the bigger picture and makes guesses based on this, no matter how theoritical or fantastic. They almost always end up being right, for the logical and conscious part of our brain will always be miles behind the subconscious one.

I've also read that article when you posted it on FB, but I was more interested in its potential in fibre optics and computing. Imagine 11 more pathways for digital data? That's more than double the current capacity!
    And by the way, no, I used that word more for its alliterative qualities--dia...rrhea...i...dea...mamma...mia...
    Dorothea, if it's good enough for Stephen King, then it's good enough for me :P
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top