Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sevmik
    and here i thought this was gonna be that looong entry that was lost haha

happy holidays ron, see you guys thursday? margaux said you'll be playing daw sa rescue that day?
    Happy holidays, Rix! See you later x
    and here i thought this was gonna be that looong entry that was lost haha

happy holidays ron, see you guys thursday? margaux said you'll be playing daw sa rescue that day?
    We all pray for his full recovery soon.
    Nice... it's unfortunate you couldn't keep all of your dad's books. It must've been hard to let go of some of them. I hope you kept the best ones.

What I do is that I download the ebook version of a book or series - read it, and if I liked it enough, buy the paperback version. Hopefully, by 5 yrs or so (I wish - would be possible if I lose the habit of losing my books) I could rival your dad's collection.
    books are harsh the moment you start to read them they let your imagination soar and fly.
    I like to listen to Y101. And I admit I was sad to hear Jack's situation. Anyhow, let's try to keep the lights on!
    Thank you to everyone in the country and all over the world for tuning in! The response is overwhelming and we are very thankful for the continuous support you've expressed for Jack. Til next Friday's Gold Rush. Only on Y101. WE got your back, Jack!

Last night's Back For Jack | Friday Gold Rush with Ron, Veronica, Carlow, Chad the Stud and Mike Solo (and the old clock).

https://www.facebook.com/BackForJack
    thea, will PM you.

sorry for the OT Ron. ^_^
    bro sev, what titles man of the Darkover series ang kuwang pa nimo? I'll ask them kung naa ba sila.
    thea, do they have books by marion zimmer bradley? wa na jud dri sa cebu ay, and it has been almost like an obsession for me to complete her darkover books lol
    In my neighborhood, there's still one locally-owned bookstore left. It's one of my favorite places. Time stops when I'm there. It's a magical universe, a realm all on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Is your mini library located in Cebu? I wish i could visit your place and peruse those pages. I have just a very minimal collection of some favorite novels i have read years ago when i was in high school, some readers digest of my grandfather which he left and some almanacs. I am into shopping books whether it is old, new or second hand, but still I find reading these thing a form of stress relieving remedy. Wish to visit your place.!
    Unfortunately the library's gone. We transferred when my father died. But his books are still with us. Alive and well but we donated a quarter of it since we couldn't take care of all of them anymore.
    Is your mini library located in Cebu? I wish i could visit your place and peruse those pages. I have just a very minimal collection of some favorite novels i have read years ago when i was in high school, some readers digest of my grandfather which he left and some almanacs. I am into shopping books whether it is old, new or second hand, but still I find reading these thing a form of stress relieving remedy. Wish to visit your place.!
    Quote Originally Posted by veronica.p
    Keep your collection in a place where you know you'll come back to. I usually carry 2 books with me when I travel. Because I end up coming back with 5 or more hahaha Australia. Oh dear. You should tell me what's going on over at the office. It didn't sound so good, judging by your comment on the event photo.
    yeah, now i have a full shelf at home. problem is, haven't gotten around to reading the new ones i bought. those times when i could spend a lazy sunday in some cafe reading the entire day are apparently over...

the office? growing but getting boring coz delle doesn't have you to pick on anymore hahahaha. wish you'd come back... add some color, errr, blacks to the drab office days lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE KID
    nice....
    Thank you for the kind word
    Quote Originally Posted by sushikandi
    I love the new book smell and the old book smell is nostalgic, takes you back to the time when you first read the book. But as much as I want to have an actual book in hand, I prefer reading my ipad mini coz it takes less space in my purse and I can store more books. The only books I have right now is Paulo Cuelho.
    Try carrying pocketbook versions. That's what I usually do. But then again we all have different preferences. The fact that you can appreciate a physical manuscript is great enough, in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by sevmik
    nothing beats a good hardbound book

now that i have settled down back in cebu i have begun my book collection again. but back when i was travelling a lot it was a pain to keep lugging my mini library all over the country. i ended up leaving some books with people that i lived with while i sated my wanderlust, which is why i kept hoping for a kindle-like device back then. well, it's too late now... unless i decide to travel again, maybe this time to australia, lol.
    Keep your collection in a place where you know you'll come back to. I usually carry 2 books with me when I travel. Because I end up coming back with 5 or more hahaha Australia. Oh dear. You should tell me what's going on over at the office. It didn't sound so good, judging by your comment on the event photo.
    nice....
    Updated 07-02-2013 at 01:04 PM by THE KID
    I love the new book smell and the old book smell is nostalgic, takes you back to the time when you first read the book. But as much as I want to have an actual book in hand, I prefer reading my ipad mini coz it takes less space in my purse and I can store more books. The only books I have right now is Paulo Cuelho.
    nothing beats a good hardbound book

now that i have settled down back in cebu i have begun my book collection again. but back when i was travelling a lot it was a pain to keep lugging my mini library all over the country. i ended up leaving some books with people that i lived with while i sated my wanderlust, which is why i kept hoping for a kindle-like device back then. well, it's too late now... unless i decide to travel again, maybe this time to australia, lol.
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top