View RSS Feed

Health

1. 5 Major Health Threats That Your Dentist Can Predict

When you look in your mouth you may see teeth that need whitening, but a dentist may see signs of heart disease. A study published in the Journal of Dental Research found that many dental problems can be signs of serious health complications. University of Washington School of Dentistry professor Philippe P. Hujoel, DDS, PhD, says the sugar and carbohydrates in food, known as "fermentable carbohydrates," are to blame. Found in sugary drinks, snack foods like potato chips, and simple grains ...
    Categories
    Exercise & Fitness , Health
  2. 10 Ways to Make Your Diet Easier

We're with you: Dieting is no picnic. But here's a little secret -- it's not nearly as hard as most of us think. "A lot of women believe they need to change everything, but in reality small tweaks to your diet can make a huge difference," says Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. We've got ten absolutely painless little fixes, culled from the latest research and the country's leading weight-loss experts, to make dropping those pounds as easy as ...
    Categories
    Exercise & Fitness , Health
  3. 4 quick rituals for a better day

Five experts provide fresh ideas for carving out small pockets of calm during even the most hectic, hair-raising times.

Eat the Same Breakfast Every Day
    There's something to be said for consistency. Knowing exactly what you're going to eat-and when-decreases stress and sets you up for a less harried morning. Plus, your mood won't determine what you put on your plate (making it less likely that you'll find yourself eating a glazed doughnut). Choose a healthy dish that you enjoy: ...
    Categories
    Health
  4. Foods That Fight Wrinkles

9 Home Remedies for Wrinkles!
    Are you spending too much money on expensive wrinkle creams that don't even work? Stop! Cure blemishes and fine lines with ingredients sitting right in your own pantry!

Egg Whites
    This light breakfast food contains B-complex vitamins that can help tighten your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. For a quick facial before a night on the town, beat 2 egg whites together, apply a dab under each eyelid, massage and let sit for 30 minutes. ...
    Categories
    Health , Beauty & Skin Care
  5. 5 Bizarre Weight Loss Tricks That Work

1. Sniff a banana, apple, or peppermint
    You might feel silly, but it works. When Dr Alan R. Hirsch of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago tried this with 3,000 volunteers, he found that the more frequently people sniffed, the less hungry they were and the more weight they lost - an average of 30 lb each. One theory is that sniffing the food tricks the brain into thinking you're actually eating it.

2. Hang a mirror opposite your seat at the table. ...
  6. 9 "diet" foods that make you hungrier

Put down that light yogurt, it may be making you fat. As it turns out, a number of foods that are commonly thought to be great for weight loss can actually stimulate the appetite. We spoke with Marjorie Nolan, R.D., National Spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, to get the skinny on foods that can trigger hunger and sabotage your diet.

1. Light yogurt
    The blast of sweet (often artificial) flavor causes the stomach to start producing gastric juices. With only four ...
    Categories
    Health , Cooking/Baking
  7. 15 new uses for tea

I get through the sleepless days of being a stay-at-home dad, freelance writer, and DIY remodeler with copious quantities of tea. I drink Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder tea in a big beer stein, which I believe to be quite manly.

I also hate to throw out anything I could reuse or recycle. So I scoured the Internet to find uses for used tea bags and tea, other than the primary functions of keeping me hydrated and awake. With thanks to “Reader’s Digest” and “Mental Floss” magazines, ...
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top