View RSS Feed

General Knowledge

1. Blank Space VI - State of the Union address of President Obama

● First Lady Obama. I freaking love you. That tangerine dress is gorgeous on you."

● "I'm treating this last State of the Union just like my first - because I'm still just as hungry. I hope you tune in, because it's for you." -POTUS

● Fun fact: After tonight, Obama will be the 6th president to deliver 8 ‪#‎StateOfTheUnion‬ speeches.

● Fixing immigration system.

● "Food ...

Updated 01-13-2016 at 11:23 AM by gracie7

Categories
    General Knowledge , Current Events , Gracie's thoughts
  2. Chinese Zodiac

The Chinese animal zodiac is a repeating cycle of 12 years, with each year being represented by an animal and its reputed attributes. Traditionally these zodiac animals were used to date the years.

The 12 Animals of the Chinese Zodiac
    In order, the 12 animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig.

RAT
    Years of the Rat: 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1996, 2008, 2020
    Personality: quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, ...
  3. The City at the Heart of the Philippines’ HIV Epidemic

CEBU CITY, PHILIPPINES—The dealer’s hands move quickly as he dispenses small vials from the waistband of his shorts, his front pockets bulging from the weight of coins and small bills. From his back pocket, he hands out syringes or collects them. Occasionally, he uses the t-shirt slung over his shoulder to wipe away the beads of sweat that made his goatee glisten.

The shanty where he works—a small room full to bursting with people—is home to one of Cebu’s many “shooting galleries,” ...

Updated 01-07-2016 at 06:43 AM by gracie7

Categories
    Current Events , Health , General Knowledge
  4. Cebu Wedding Suppliers

WEDDING COORDINATOR
    CebuWedding.net
    - 45k full coordination within Cebu City (+5k Mactan area)

WEDDING GOWN/GOWN/SUIT
    Cary Santiago

*Bridal Gown - 300k

Lord Maturan
    *Basic bridal gown - 40k
    *Entourage rate (2 mothers, 1 maid of honor, 4 brides maids, 3 flower girls) - 50k
    *Groom's suit full set of 4 - 15k
    to further convince you to get us we will close the package rate at 100k. Pre-booking time is at least 9month prior ...

Updated 01-07-2016 at 03:36 AM by gracie7

Categories
    Fashion , Events , General Knowledge , Photography , Love
  5. CODE PINK: An Infant Abduction

My newsfeed was full of the shares/contents regarding the said infant abduction in one of Cebu's hospitals.

BABY THIEF | Cebu Daily News

So I woke up this morning, read that the baby was found.

Stolen baby found; suspect claims she gave birth to him | Cebu Daily News

Upon seeing this video, I was disheartened how the media interrogated the said kidnapper.

https://www.facebook.com/superbalita...2893981809362/ ...

Updated 01-06-2016 at 04:00 AM by gracie7

Categories
    Health , Gracie's thoughts , General Knowledge
  6. Dengue vaccine available in PHL market next week

Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Janet Garin on Monday announced that the dengue vaccine will enter the Philippine market next week.

"Philippines is the only country where three phases of the clinical trial were done... It's a reflection of how good our researchers are," Garin explained in a television interview.

Garin added that the government has already set P3 billion in the 2016 budget for the dengue vaccine.
    She said the dengue vaccine is expensive ...
  7. Philippines is first Asian country to approve dengue vaccine

Paris (AFP) - The Philippines became the first Asian country on Tuesday to approve the sale of the world's first-ever dengue vaccine.

Dengvaxia, manufactured by French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi, secured its first regulatory approval in Mexico a fortnight ago and is currently being reviewed by around 20 countries in Asia and Latin America.

It is hoped the drug could eventually help prevent millions of deaths from dengue, the world's fastest-growing mosquito-borne disease. ...
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top