Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Default No TV Day (every last Saturday of the month)

ive never really heard of such a non-legal holiday here in the Philippines when everyone is banned from watching televisions at home or anywhere else. if you can google this up, some parts of the world are actually participating in such a community-based holiday and i would like to propose for one.

my reasons?

i had enough with both watching and listening about quarrels on TV ratings, biased or one-sided stories (news), overrated soap operas, dubbed animations, (very) late night shows, politics, same 'ol actors and actresses, lame game shows, and everything else.

if you look at it closely, we spent a number of hours just by watching televisions and not realizing that there are "things" that needs more attention which is very close to us, say, our family. im not only going to involve about family here but also with the people who are with us, as another example. my point is, why not go out and travel with the family or friends, start a (new) hobby, learn something new, do something extraordinaire, or simply do anything to kill time.

this may be a one-sided opinion but i welcome you to say anything you want and, at least, realize what you have been missing while you are watching the television.

now, the question: would you spend just for one day in every month (or once a year) by not watching television?

Default Re: No TV Day

I totally agree with this coz i dont actually watch television at all! i spend all my time with my pc after work and i google everyting that i want to know like news and other info. if it works for us maybe there might be a possibility that it would work for others. but apparently i dont think that it would work out well with some house helper coz that is the only thing that could entertain them the most. just my idea lang ha i hope walay ma offend. peace!!!!

A NO TV DAY only includes watching TV programs? or does it include watching DVD's/CD's? .....

Blog Entries

nindot unta na catch pero sa atong kultura dre sa pinas nga di mabuhi kon walay teleserye na murag lisod na...kay wala man sad gud lain alternative gawas anang sugal cguro pero kon magsugal ka gawas kon adik na jud...puol man cguro kon wholeday ka ug sugal...samot ka alkanse ang gobyerno ug ka pordoy ang mga pinoy! if we say travel...na lisud kay kinahanglan ta ug dakong budget then kasagaran sa atoa way kwarta...bahala dili ka byahe basta naa lay tv...

so lisud jud ni mahitabo....gwas kon i black out tanan pilipinas....hehehe

we used to do this during holy week katong wa pa cable sa una.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiArcher
    A NO TV DAY only includes watching TV programs? or does it include watching DVD's/CD's? .....
    anything that includes the tube

Quote Originally Posted by clarkhkent
    nindot unta na catch pero sa atong kultura dre sa pinas nga di mabuhi kon walay teleserye na murag lisod na...kay wala man sad gud lain alternative gawas anang sugal cguro pero kon magsugal ka gawas kon adik na jud...puol man cguro kon wholeday ka ug sugal...samot ka alkanse ang gobyerno ug ka pordoy ang mga pinoy! if we say travel...na lisud kay kinahanglan ta ug dakong budget then kasagaran sa atoa way kwarta...bahala dili ka byahe basta naa lay tv...

so lisud jud ni mahitabo....gwas kon i black out tanan pilipinas....hehehe
    those are just examples since you mentioned soap operas, i dont really watch them. i have my personal reasons why i wouldnt. however, it is not good to blend soap operas with our culture and this is another reason why we need to get away from the tube. everybody is hooked with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmy
    we used to do this during holy week katong wa pa cable sa una.
    same here. my family have an abstinence of watching the until Black Saturday night. we simply play with our shadows to kill time.

another idea that will simply remain as another idea here, next!

i'm all for it. you don't have to institutionalize it. do it yourself, do it with your family, your barkada...

No TV day? Yep.

I don't watch TV that much anymore. Even cable shows are crap, delayed, and the cable provider (read: SkyCable) suck.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meowa
    i'm all for it. you don't have to institutionalize it. do it yourself, do it with your family, your barkada...
    then after that barangay na dayon....then sunod lungsod pero lisud jud....wahaha....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast