Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

All I can say is that we choose the wrong leader to replace the dictator. As a President Marcos was okay, basing sa iyang achievements.
    Kaso lang nagahaman siya sa power and had to cling to it as long as he can..

Ang dako lang gyud nga pangutana nganong ang mga Cojuanco man pud tawon oe.

Quote Originally Posted by Theko View Post
    Again sir, wala man cguro ka ni basa sa article. Against siya sa allegations na Golden Age tu ang Marcos Era. Katung nagsuwat sa article ni present of infographics based on VERIFIED data showing na dili tu Golden Age ang time ni Marcos. Anyway, you invoke economics but you do not have the data to back your statements up. There is no point arguing with a person who uses his emotions as a basis for his arguments.

"Filipinos are not that idiot to re elect Marcos as president kung mu ingon ka sa start sa iyang regime ni fall ang Pinas." heheh hapit man gani kadaog si Erap saona, if your memory doesnt fail you.
    Again sir theko, wala man cguro ka ni basa sa article? This article was before election, wa gani nila gi review ug maau.
    Check GDP and GDP per capita data on Worldbank from 1964 to 1985. Despite the recession late in President Marcos' term largely caused by external factors, GDP quadrupled in his term and GDP per capita tripled during his term. Asa man na sa article?

wla gani ni Keynesian perspective ani nga article.Statistics can be manipulated and molded to the preference of the person's affiliation (UP Econimista Goals). Income per person during the marcos era? "Inflation Rates" Did it consider the fact that the dollar to peso value then was lower? In fact you can compare the purchasing power of 1000 pesos during that regime vs 1000 pesos of today, its just like comparing Tobleron to Barnuts..

Quote Originally Posted by RainRiku View Post
    Again sir theko, wala man cguro ka ni basa sa article? This article was before election, wa gani nila gi review ug maau.
    Check GDP and GDP per capita data on Worldbank from 1964 to 1985. Despite the recession late in President Marcos' term largely caused by external factors, GDP quadrupled in his term and GDP per capita tripled during his term. Asa man na sa article?

wla gani ni Keynesian perspective ani nga article.Statistics can be manipulated and molded to the preference of the person's affiliation (UP Econimista Goals). Income per person during the marcos era? "Inflation Rates" Did it consider the fact that the dollar to peso value then was lower? In fact you can compare the purchasing power of 1000 pesos during that regime vs 1000 pesos of today, its just like comparing Tobleron to Barnuts..
    Huh? I checked World bank data and the data presented is accurate. I checked the GDP of the other countries and accurate sad. So sakto ila graph. Nabyaan ta sa other countries during his regime. Sa tan.aw nimo external factors ang cause ana? If external factors pa na, correlated ta na gihapon ang swings in GDP kay bisag ana na time na feel naman nila ang globalization.

Can you please enlighten me about anang cge'g g.ingun nimo na Keynesian perspective, kay as far as I know dili mu lahi ang computation of macro and micro data bisag unsa pa na economic perspective imo gigamit. As far as I know basic gihapon ang computation nila sa GDP, whether income based or expense based. Also, as far as I know sir, dili na valid imo argument comparing 1000 pesos of today vs. 1000 pesos of tomorrow kay real ang kasagaran gamitun even sa business world forecasting and dili nominal.

Huh? I checked World bank data and the data presented is accurate. I checked the GDP of the other countries and accurate sad. So sakto ila graph. Nabyaan ta sa other countries during his regime. Sa tan.aw nimo external factors ang cause ana? If external factors pa na, correlated ta na gihapon ang swings in GDP kay bisag ana na time na feel naman nila ang globalization.

Can you please enlighten me about anang cge'g g.ingun nimo na Keynesian perspective, kay as far as I know dili mu lahi ang computation of macro and micro data bisag unsa pa na economic perspective imo gigamit. As far as I know basic gihapon ang computation nila sa GDP, whether income based or expense based. Also, as far as I know sir, dili na valid imo argument comparing 1000 pesos of today vs. 1000 pesos of tomorrow kay real ang kasagaran gamitun even sa business world forecasting and dili nominal.
    JC Punongbayan is a PhD student at the UP School of Economics. Kevin Mandrilla is an MA student at the UP Asian Center.

Ako pasabot nimo sir sakto ilang graph pero ila rang gi center ang martial law years and after it..k
    I don't even need to explain how bias this is coming from them and before elections,

Kung gi butang pa na between the start of regime to 1982 not 1982 to 1986 is a chaos already. Acceptable ra unta imong reference. ew

They've just painted a small ID size multiple meaning image from a large picture.

coming from the comments:

"I'm not an economic expert neither a marcos loyalist just an ordinary citizen who would like to share a cent of point of view. To my recollection notable situation of the philippines then was we were plagued by rebellion in 1970 and the death of ninoy in 1983 prior to his death political unrest began 1982. table 1 shows sharpest drop happened between 1983 to 1986. 1986 was the year when cory aquino rise to the power. In effect 1982 to 1986 political unrest and the rebellion may somewhat affected the stability of our economy. Marcos era began in 1965 following you philippine economy grow from 1965 to 1980. Shall we deny this? Most of of the brilliant govt projects started during marcos era and most of the brilliant project after him were still his, to my mind. You say that our debt grew in 1970 what would you do to provide the needs of your country to grow? Under employment in 1970 would you have the capacity to turn around the economy in 5 yrs? Was it not shown in the last table between 1960 to 1970. It was mentioned underemployment began to rise in martial law years? Was it really the martial law the reason? We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?"

dont even need to explain to you kung "as far as i know ra imong tubag" LUL

JC Punongbayan is a PhD student at the UP School of Economics. Kevin Mandrilla is an MA student at the UP Asian Center.

Ako pasabot nimo sir sakto ilang graph pero ila rang gi center ang martial law years and after it..k
    I don't even need to explain how bias this is coming from them and before elections,

Kung gi butang pa na between the start of regime to 1982 not 1982 to 1986 is a chaos already. Acceptable ra unta imong reference. ew

They've just painted a small ID size multiple meaning image from a large picture.

coming from the comments:

"I'm not an economic expert neither a marcos loyalist just an ordinary citizen who would like to share a cent of point of view. To my recollection notable situation of the philippines then was we were plagued by rebellion in 1970 and the death of ninoy in 1983 prior to his death political unrest began 1982. table 1 shows sharpest drop happened between 1983 to 1986. 1986 was the year when cory aquino rise to the power. In effect 1982 to 1986 political unrest and the rebellion may somewhat affected the stability of our economy. Marcos era began in 1965 following you philippine economy grow from 1965 to 1980. Shall we deny this? Most of of the brilliant govt projects started during marcos era and most of the brilliant project after him were still his, to my mind. You say that our debt grew in 1970 what would you do to provide the needs of your country to grow? Under employment in 1970 would you have the capacity to turn around the economy in 5 yrs? Was it not shown in the last table between 1960 to 1970. It was mentioned underemployment began to rise in martial law years? Was it really the martial law the reason? We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?"

dont even need to explain to you kung "as far as i know ra imong tubag" LUL
    Seems to me like all your opinions are the opinions of others. Also, you attack the economist instead of the data they present. Do you have your own opinion sir? Do you even understand "Keynesian economics" at all which your whole defense seems to be rooted on? Or opinion rana sa lain tao? Cge kag ingun na wa g.take into account ang Keynesia principles sa pag quantify sa economy, yet you use those same economic data when you present your "arguments". Di ka mudawat sa analysis sa economist na renowned in his field pero mudawat kag analysis from a random poster? Seems really really legit. By the way, until now wala paka ka post ug data showing as you put it "data inputting the effect of Keynesian economics"

"We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?"
    LOL, youre using this argument, really? If your source uses that argument then maka ingun siguro ta ui di na siya reliable na source. Wa kaila ug "logical fallacy"

As far as I know jud, can you present data that can prove my statements otherwise? Kay if you practice what you are preaching here, makit.an man sad na nimo nga practices sa real world.. Unless sakto ko and tanan nimung opinions kinawat ra jud from shady sources..
    Last edited by Theko; 11-30-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Seems to me like all your opinions are the opinions of others. Also, you attack the economist instead of the data they present. Do you have your own opinion sir? Do you even understand "Keynesian economics" at all which your whole defense seems to be rooted on? Or opinion rana sa lain tao? Cge kag ingun na wa g.take into account ang Keynesia principles sa pag quantify sa economy, yet you use those same economic data when you present your "arguments". Di ka mudawat sa analysis sa economist na renowned in his field pero mudawat kag analysis from a random poster? Seems really really legit. By the way, until now wala paka ka post ug data showing as you put it "data inputting the effect of Keynesian economics"

"We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?"
    LOL, youre using this argument, really? If your source uses that argument then maka ingun siguro ta ui di na siya reliable na source. Wa kaila ug "logical fallacy"

As far as I know jud, can you present data that can prove my statements otherwise? Kay if you practice what you are preaching here, makit.an man sad na nimo nga practices sa real world.. Unless sakto ko and tanan nimung opinions kinawat ra jud from shady sources..
    Kabalo raman kaha mu basa im sure imo na na gi google ang keynesian.Im not familiar with that pero mao man na ang gigamit nila nga theory ato nga era so para consistent mao pd ang gamit.
    Obviously we have similarities, as well as your opinions also from other person, di man ka mu ingon nga unique imong opinions.lol.
    I attack the economist and their data with a reason that it is not centered with the marcos regime. mura tag bata ani mag balik2. "economist na renowned in his field"? yeah right more like a random poster also to me. "We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?" Kay mao man nga data ang naa sa iyang data..that is not the whole date of era..really? lul random poster".

- - - Updated - - -

Gi luto na imong reference sa comments..ok pa ghapon na?

gikan ghapon ni sa imong reference nga comments. I don't even need to say anything naa na didto tanan.

"Lets see what really happen during those years;
    1965 -Ferdinand Marcos was decared as the 10th President of the Philippines and the leftist already have raised eyebrows on the new president on his campaign to progress and his authoritarian leadership

1966 -CPP-SPP was stil active continuing to spread and gain strength with the help of Ninoy which is supposed to be on the side of the Govt. Ninoy and SISON bacame good friends.

1967- Philippines was one of the founding countries of ASEAN.

1968 -Marcos approved a congressional bill annexing SABAH to the Philippines and Malaysia suspends its diplomatic relationship with the philippines at this time JABIDAH MASSACRE was created (hoax) in order to put pressure to the Marcoses (the story goes like Marcos trained a group of Soldiers from Mindanao to take over SABAH but unfortunately the plan was exposed so the Soldiers need to be massacre to avoid leakage) (Hmmmnnn)thru the effort of NINOY AQUINO who is the number 1 critique of MARCOS. Ninoy Lobbied with the Malaysians (treason), and he played a role on the creation of MNLF.

1968 -CPP-NPA was created thru the collaboration of Ninoy, Joma and Bernabe Buscayno A.K.A. "Commander Dante", the theory of Marxism-Leninism were alive.

1969 -MNLF was created by Knur Misuari thru the help of the Malaysians and Ninoy, Malaysians objective is for Philippines to have insurgency & rebelion to weaken Marcos, Up to now MNLF is active. but Malaysians nowadays are supporting BIFF.

1969 - Ferdinand Marcos won second term in office

1970 - First Quarter Storm, continuous massive protest were conducted by the activist students of UP "kabataang makabayan" led by Joma Sison as well as the NPA (kumander Dante) with the collaboration of Ninoy. Activist were using Molotov cocktails and Pillbox bombs to counter the police. It ended Violently.. It was a well planned movement to overthrow Marcos. Some same this is the first event why martial law was proclaimed.

1970 - NPA infiltrated PMA and recruited PMA Batch 1967 Victor Corpuz, Attacked the PMA Armory in Baguio and stole all weapons and gave to the NPA based in isabela (treason) (making him one of the most wanted guerrilla)

1971 - Communist Party of the Philippines chair Jose Ma. “Joma” Sison decided to send a delegation to China on an arms procurement mission for the NPA.(military aid)

1971 - Sison met with CPP-NPA Central Committee members to discuss his plan to attack a Manila rally of the Liberal Party, which opposed President Marcos. The purpose of the attack was to provoke another government crackdown and ideally gain support for the CPP-NPA

1971 -Manili Massaccre happened killing 65-79 muslims ILAGA militant was suspected increasing tension between govt & MNLF. Gaddafi provided military aid to MNLF

1971 - Notorious Gangsters were rampant, Leonardo “Nardong Putik” Manecio was killed in a highway shootout

1971 - BAC-111 Hijacking, 6students from MSU hijacked PAL Airlines and ordered the pilot to head to China.

1971 - Plaza Miranda Bombing in Quiapo, Manila caused 9 death and 95 injured. This is a political campaign rally by LP in for senatorial & local Election, all major LP officials was present except Ninoy

1972 - Assassination attempt on Imelda Marcos, Carlito Dimahilig attempted to assassinate the First Lady, Mrs. Imelda Romualdez Marcos when she was attending an awards ceremony in Manila. The slash wounds on her arms required over 70 stitches. She also suffered tendon damage which required further surgery

1972 - MV Karagatan was caught by the govt. and thousands of guns and ammunition was seized by the marcos regime. This was the Military Aid the Joma Sison ask from China Communist.

1972- Enrile was Ambushed (Stage or not who knows?)

1972- MARCOS signed Proclamation No 1081. which place the whole Philippines under Martial Law

1981- Martial Law was Lifted

1981 -Marcos won the Presidential Election Landslide by 80% margin of victory against Alejo Santos of Nationalista Party, Marcos should serve 6years but choose to have a snap election by 1986 to ease the tension.

1983 -Assassination of Ninoy (how to be a Martyr)

1986 -Snap Election, with the pressure from the USA to give favor to what the opposition is asking Marcos calls for snap election, Marcos won 10.8M vs Cory 9.2M, but still they wont stop until Marcos was ousted.. (how not to accept defeat)

1986 - People Power Revolution (2% of the 57Million Filipino) they declared that it was people power and bypassing the 10.8Million registered voters who elected Marcos, it was a collaborative effort by Marcos trusted people like enrile, ramos, honasan (traitors), Leftist/Communist Groups, External Forces (i.e CIA), Mass Media. Cory wasn't even there in EDSA.. she was just an image portrayed to be our savior for some who wants and feels that they know more about govt. Look where it have taken us?"

Marcos years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data

Middle and after of martial law years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data - Kung mao ni ang title mu tou pa unta ko

Kabalo raman kaha mu basa im sure imo na na gi google ang keynesian.Im not familiar with that pero mao man na ang gigamit nila nga theory ato nga era so para consistent mao pd ang gamit.
    Obviously we have similarities, as well as your opinions also from other person, di man ka mu ingon nga unique imong opinions.lol.
    I attack the economist and their data with a reason that it is not centered with the marcos regime. mura tag bata ani mag balik2. "economist na renowned in his field"? yeah right more like a random poster also to me. "We will say corruption in marcos era is prevalent was it not also prevalent in the time of aquino and ramos presidency?" Kay mao man nga data ang naa sa iyang data..that is not the whole date of era..really? lul random poster".

- - - Updated - - -

Gi luto na imong reference sa comments..ok pa ghapon na?

gikan ghapon ni sa imong reference nga comments. I don't even need to say anything naa na didto tanan.

"Lets see what really happen during those years;
    1965 -Ferdinand Marcos was decared as the 10th President of the Philippines and the leftist already have raised eyebrows on the new president on his campaign to progress and his authoritarian leadership

1966 -CPP-SPP was stil active continuing to spread and gain strength with the help of Ninoy which is supposed to be on the side of the Govt. Ninoy and SISON bacame good friends.

1967- Philippines was one of the founding countries of ASEAN.

1968 -Marcos approved a congressional bill annexing SABAH to the Philippines and Malaysia suspends its diplomatic relationship with the philippines at this time JABIDAH MASSACRE was created (hoax) in order to put pressure to the Marcoses (the story goes like Marcos trained a group of Soldiers from Mindanao to take over SABAH but unfortunately the plan was exposed so the Soldiers need to be massacre to avoid leakage) (Hmmmnnn)thru the effort of NINOY AQUINO who is the number 1 critique of MARCOS. Ninoy Lobbied with the Malaysians (treason), and he played a role on the creation of MNLF.

1968 -CPP-NPA was created thru the collaboration of Ninoy, Joma and Bernabe Buscayno A.K.A. "Commander Dante", the theory of Marxism-Leninism were alive.

1969 -MNLF was created by Knur Misuari thru the help of the Malaysians and Ninoy, Malaysians objective is for Philippines to have insurgency & rebelion to weaken Marcos, Up to now MNLF is active. but Malaysians nowadays are supporting BIFF.

1969 - Ferdinand Marcos won second term in office

1970 - First Quarter Storm, continuous massive protest were conducted by the activist students of UP "kabataang makabayan" led by Joma Sison as well as the NPA (kumander Dante) with the collaboration of Ninoy. Activist were using Molotov cocktails and Pillbox bombs to counter the police. It ended Violently.. It was a well planned movement to overthrow Marcos. Some same this is the first event why martial law was proclaimed.

1970 - NPA infiltrated PMA and recruited PMA Batch 1967 Victor Corpuz, Attacked the PMA Armory in Baguio and stole all weapons and gave to the NPA based in isabela (treason) (making him one of the most wanted guerrilla)

1971 - Communist Party of the Philippines chair Jose Ma. “Joma” Sison decided to send a delegation to China on an arms procurement mission for the NPA.(military aid)

1971 - Sison met with CPP-NPA Central Committee members to discuss his plan to attack a Manila rally of the Liberal Party, which opposed President Marcos. The purpose of the attack was to provoke another government crackdown and ideally gain support for the CPP-NPA

1971 -Manili Massaccre happened killing 65-79 muslims ILAGA militant was suspected increasing tension between govt & MNLF. Gaddafi provided military aid to MNLF

1971 - Notorious Gangsters were rampant, Leonardo “Nardong Putik” Manecio was killed in a highway shootout

1971 - BAC-111 Hijacking, 6students from MSU hijacked PAL Airlines and ordered the pilot to head to China.

1971 - Plaza Miranda Bombing in Quiapo, Manila caused 9 death and 95 injured. This is a political campaign rally by LP in for senatorial & local Election, all major LP officials was present except Ninoy

1972 - Assassination attempt on Imelda Marcos, Carlito Dimahilig attempted to assassinate the First Lady, Mrs. Imelda Romualdez Marcos when she was attending an awards ceremony in Manila. The slash wounds on her arms required over 70 stitches. She also suffered tendon damage which required further surgery

1972 - MV Karagatan was caught by the govt. and thousands of guns and ammunition was seized by the marcos regime. This was the Military Aid the Joma Sison ask from China Communist.

1972- Enrile was Ambushed (Stage or not who knows?)

1972- MARCOS signed Proclamation No 1081. which place the whole Philippines under Martial Law

1981- Martial Law was Lifted

1981 -Marcos won the Presidential Election Landslide by 80% margin of victory against Alejo Santos of Nationalista Party, Marcos should serve 6years but choose to have a snap election by 1986 to ease the tension.

1983 -Assassination of Ninoy (how to be a Martyr)

1986 -Snap Election, with the pressure from the USA to give favor to what the opposition is asking Marcos calls for snap election, Marcos won 10.8M vs Cory 9.2M, but still they wont stop until Marcos was ousted.. (how not to accept defeat)

1986 - People Power Revolution (2% of the 57Million Filipino) they declared that it was people power and bypassing the 10.8Million registered voters who elected Marcos, it was a collaborative effort by Marcos trusted people like enrile, ramos, honasan (traitors), Leftist/Communist Groups, External Forces (i.e CIA), Mass Media. Cory wasn't even there in EDSA.. she was just an image portrayed to be our savior for some who wants and feels that they know more about govt. Look where it have taken us?"
    Bisag Phd dili ka mu recognize as renowned in his field? Pero kung random poster kay mutuo ka? Let me guess, kanang timeline imo g.post ngara kay dili legit ang source noh?

Ahh dara raman diay na, sige kag mention ug Keynesian wala man diay ka kasabot kung unsa na, mao nang i.attack nalang nimo ang person and not his arguments hehe.

Bisag Phd dili ka mu recognize as renowned in his field? Pero kung random poster kay mutuo ka? Let me guess, kanang timeline imo g.post ngara kay dili legit ang source noh?

Ahh dara raman diay na, sige kag mention ug Keynesian wala man diay ka kasabot kung unsa na, mao nang i.attack nalang nimo ang person and not his arguments hehe.
    recognizable ra ang usa ka Phd in Economics sa UP except sa ilang bizarre data about Marcos economic policies.

recognizable ra ang usa ka Phd in Economics sa UP except sa ilang bizarre data about Marcos economic policies.
    Please stop denying history when you have no legitimate proof to debunk it. So far all you have presented here are copy and paste comments from not so reliable sources.

I remember in another thread you denying the plunder done by Marcos using as a defense Keynesian economics, pero karun it turns out wala man diay ka kasabot unsa na.
    Last edited by Theko; 11-30-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Please stop denying history when you have no legitimate proof to debunk it. So far all you have presented here are copy and paste comments from not so reliable sources.
    Look who's talking you are the one who reference that biased page before election, i just read their comments, i don't need to debunked it because it is already debunked. Mura rag ng laba ka nya gi hai2 na..unya akong labhan ug balik..haha

Again sir:
    Marcos years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data

Middle and after of martial law years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data - Kung mao ni ang title mu tou pa unta ko

Martial Law was a dark chapter with many reasons but not marcos years

Asa may mas legitimate pa kaysa mga nabuhi ato nga era. Ang pilipinas dli ra metro manila.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast