Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

There are clients who does not care about the OS as long as the server provide what they need. On the other hand, other big time clients wanted the updated one for more security.

dili pud lalim mopalit ug license sa MS. they are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by igibouy View Post
    Yeah pretty much this. It all boils down to costs but there are others factors as well. let me expand:

XP is very popular not just in business, but other sectors as well. It was used in PCs, operational computers in industry, embedded devices and servers.

Many Call Center apps like Verint do not require Win7 to run. So there's no point in upgrading.

Upgrading to a new system comes with a whole lot of work and hassle. The company would have to set time aside for compatibility and reprogramming of apps, reconfiguring domain policies, and training the call center agents. A lot of these can cost the company a lot of money for something that is not worth it.
    I agree with compatibility as for most dial-er softwares and CRM's are fully compatible with xp with no bugs or whatsoever..

dili cguro ka afford og palit sa licensed version.. hahaha

wala pay budget para sa upgrade hehe

ky friendly man ang software..

stable kaayo ang windows XP

sauna katong gi support pa ang windows XP kay stick to XP ra jud ko wala ko dayon nu upgrade to 7,
    pero katong end of support na, mao pa ko upgrade to 7

XP is no longer supported by Microsoft. These people should be upgrading, because of one very important reason: SECURITY. MS is no longer providing security updates and people who keep using outdated software are going to be ripe targets for criminals

Maybe they think they won't be the targets of hackers, crackers, and other malicious minds on the internet, because we're a "small company", but are you really willing to risk it? I can think of a number of ways I can screw up a company who doesn't take computer security seriously: ransomware (encrypt all their computers hard drives and files until a fee is paid, etc.), DDOS attacks, doxxing all their employee's details and leaking them to the internet, and so many others.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

mas barato man gud ang xp pero I think kaning xp kay wala na may support sa MICROSOFT murag phase out na

sakto jud, dli na knahanglan ilisan og kaya pa. Cost efficient mn japon ang xp sad labi na og ang companya kay nagfocus pa sa laing components sa infrastructure.

Wow salamat sa mga IT experts diri natubag akong pangutana hehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast