Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hello,

Not yet adept at coding, but there have been instances of java used as GUI but most of them are used in proprietary software in financial institutions. Java seems to be an established language in the financial community. Though for purposes of its usage, it isn't really built for speed but rather on reliability.

That said, the finance sector usually are the ones leading the charge in how IT changes and evolves. They are the ones who always clamor for faster data transfer and processing speeds. But using java as GUI is rather unusual but this may be due to the fact that financial institutions have extremely powerful CPUs compared to home computers.

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    to be fair you posted an argument by one person, here are the points;
    1. also, Java is written in C++. Virtual machine is written in C++.
    2. count the steps.
    Java ->Java compiler to Byte Code->Java execution in JVM->JVM execution in native ---> 4 steps
    C/C++ -> Program compiling-> Program execution in native -> 3 steps

3 < 4, which is faster?
    Dude, ive been developing software since you are still playing with toys, ive been jumping platforms to platforms and comparing speed.

3. the thing mentioned in your link DOES NOT mention UI, the OP ask for programming a UI.

here is my PhP 50,000 pesos challenge to you, can you create a UI in Java and measure its performance, and create a native UI in C/C++ and measure its performance?
    if ang Java with UI is more faster than in C/C++ native, send me screenshot, and profiling data, ill send you 50k in your paypal, if not by first try. send me double.

if you are that confident, take the challenge.

4. THE POST was made by a java fanboy (facepalm), read the other arguments please.. nakakatawa ka

5. Have you seen a commercial software desktop application with UI written i Java? the answer is NO, Java is powering backend like websites, etc. But not heavy desktop applications for reasons. And ofcourse java is powering mobile applications, coz they are not as heavy and as big as desktop applications. Java can power mobile app as evidence by Android APp, but these are small apps only, and the same Apps can be powered by NDK (C/C++).

Imagine how slow is when Microsoft word is written in Java or a browser written in Java? the truth is Professionals do not use Java for desktop UI for obvious reasons

Java powers the backbone, but icant power UI for desktop. The link you provided does not even help you

7. lastly sabta pd intawn ako post oi, what i said is "I dont recommend UI tools for JAVA", it can be use for backend processes, your post with regards to Google or ebay by a java fanboy (luis.espinal) does not help your argument.
    These companies uses Java as backend and they dont have a desktop UI app. Once again OP is asking for a UI tool in Desktop.

Sabta pd kung naay time palihug, ayaw pataka ug yawit.

dude, don't be mad. i tried searching for the best defense reply against people who always says Java is slow. but i found this satisfying.
    performance - Why do people still say Java is slow? - Programmers Stack Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    to be fair you posted an argument by one person, here are the points;
    here is my PhP 50,000 pesos challenge to you, can you create a UI in Java and measure its performance, and create a native UI in C/C++ and measure its performance?
    if ang Java with UI is more faster than in C/C++ native, send me screenshot, and profiling data, ill send you 50k in your paypal, if not by first try. send me double.

4. THE POST was made by a java fanboy (facepalm), read the other arguments please.. nakakatawa ka
    be gentle! cause i'm still 3rd year student. i have nothing to brag about my faculty or participate in your challenge.

dude, i never said java is equal or faster than any languages you mentioned. i posted a serious link
    to remind you people who always cry that java is slow to watch your words.
    he's still a student(and by students always find simplicity). Let him choose what he wants to work on.

and don't be enraged. my Java book says that it is slow because of the JVM converstion of executable bytecode to actual
    machine code. and its Java's drawbacks. But take into consideration of its advantages(guess i have to enumerate these who are ignorant):

1> Java is cross-platform, platform-independent. In short, its portable. and because of its portability it runs 3-billion devices.
    2> Java is easy to learn. It's verbosity makes it VERY clear to understand. guess what?, most students
    dont actually know for instance why main() method is public, static and void.
    seriously a student won't actually trade simplicity for speed.!
    3> Java's API is easy to access. a first guide to students who don't browse Google first for help.
    4> JavaFX Developer Home(the thread's starter language choices).

drawbacks and advantages, now that would be a ratio of 1:4

again, let's not enervate the good reputation of programming languages today. i always advice my classmates
    to always use Java in practice, why?, because i'm a fanboy?, no because you'll only need an IDE and JDK stored in your flash drive.

its a choice after all.

There is engineering, and there is fanboyism. Guess which category statements like those belong to?

visual basic... naka himo ko sauna, (although download2x ra uban nga code)

na himo tog naay theme nga music player, murag winamp.

didto to nako nakuha sa planetsourcecode.com or some website na free download codes, opensource kay wa pa gi exe. ikaw na mo compile.

sa C++ or Java, python, di kaayo broad ako knowledge pero murag lisod kaayo para mag GUI, maybe naa wa lang ta kahibaw unsaon... pero naa dyud cguro na..

- - - Updated - - -

thread is about GUI? not speed? thanks!
    Last edited by emailroy2002; 11-04-2014 at 03:43 PM.

C# programming

challenging naman

kung windows ang platform, better to use .NET nalang.. you can choose either C# or VB.NET.. naa may nag rant against java..hehehe... hinay ba ang java compared to native languages? of course, obviously pero ang target sa java kay cross-platform man pud mainly so you get the gist.. no language/framework is perfect..

kaila lage siya nimo @Zer0Degree?
    Dude, ive been developing software since you are still playing with toys, ive been jumping platforms to platforms and comparing speed.
    bitaw dili ta angay magtamay2x ui then manghambog dayun sa accomplishments.. nobody's asking.. hehehe.. besides, attack the opinion, not the person.. eace:

bai, mas maayo mag sugod ka sa visual studio 2008 express c# or visual basic na language kay dali ra mag buhat GUI unya pas2 ra maka testing sa imong mga program. Katong nag thesis pa ko sa CIT - U, pareha man tag course Computer Engineering pud ko bai naa pud mi system ge.buhat ato. Automated Storage and Retrieval System ang among thesis, lingaw kaayo kay nag integrate mi sa PIC microcontroller og sa GUI Controls (VS C#). Matag click namo sa buttons sa GUI, mo lihok among ang robot. hehe btw... kung nag nag apas ka sa deadline mas lindot sa vs 2008 ka mag sugod kay setup na tanan unya daghan kang testing ma buhat pud.

Go for .NET nalang TS. pag pili lang either C#/VB any version of Visual Studio will do. Ang naka nindot sa .NET kay dali ra pag create og GUI kay drag and drop lang ka.. nya dali rapud pag integrate sa hardware. especially Serial og Parallel Ports.

Kung Java imo pilion, pwd man ka maka create og GUI using Swing, wa lang koy idea kung dali raba ang pag integrate sa Hardware. Kasagaran man gud makitan nako gi gamit para hardware kay C, C++, or .NET Paabot lang pud ta sa mga suggestion sa uban. basin naay masnindot sila ma recommend.

namingaw man ni... lingaw ta ko basa basa sa programing nitizen diri .... up up up .....

i love java samot na init pa... humot kaayo!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast