Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by obelisk View Post
    That's what I felt too. Not too much motivation or intention to actually start a war between two teams. Just that one wants to follow the rule due to a woman saying her son die.
    that's because the real Civil War was Tony's rage and thirst for vengeance versus Cap wanting to protect Bucky from Tony's wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluaz View Post
    Again, we have to judge the movie by its own merit and not by comparing it to the comics. Kevin Feige already said it before, this movie is inspired by the famous comic book story arc of the same name and its not a direct adaptation.

If one comes into this movie with a mindset of comparing it to the comics then he/she will be disappointed.
    Again, I am not comparing it to the comics, I would have not enjoyed it since the scope of the war in the comics is pretty vast which should've included F4 and many of Marvel's greatest heroes. Its just my own opinion that they have hyped the Civil War part of the movie so much yet ended up with wavering purpose to fight and ended up with vengeance. Advertisements showing #teamcap and #teamIronman was saying that the movie is about ideologies and I felt that they weren't solid on their stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    that's because the real Civil War was Tony's rage and thirst for vengeance versus Cap wanting to protect Bucky from Tony's wrath.
    I think that's way off. That's not Civil War is about. That's just vengeance.

And again... I love the movie. I would watch it a second time if I had the money. These are just my impressions on the movie and I'm not hating on the movie.

Again, I am not comparing it to the comics, I would have not enjoyed it since the scope of the war in the comics is pretty vast which should've included F4 and many of Marvel's greatest heroes. Its just my own opinion that they have hyped the Civil War part of the movie so much yet ended up with wavering purpose to fight and ended up with vengeance. Advertisements showing #teamcap and #teamIronman was saying that the movie is about ideologies and I felt that they weren't solid on their stand.

And again... I love the movie. I would watch it a second time if I had the money. These are just my impressions on the movie and I'm not hating on the movie.
    I respect your opinion though you really cant deny that you have compared the movie to the comic version with the same name.

"I read the Civil War comics before this came out and the there really is a big difference on how they stood for their ideologies. Their reasons for fighting changed midway through the movie. Their ideologies was overshadowed by other conflicts. "

"Again, I am not comparing it to the comics, I would have not enjoyed it since the scope of the war in the comics is pretty vast which should've included F4 and many of Marvel's greatest heroes. "
    - Again, this is a self contradicting statement. First you say you're not comparing the movie to the comics yet the statement that follows clearly points out your preference of the comics against the movie because of its larger scope and much larger cast of heroes that includes the Fantastic 4 and Marvel's greatest heroes.
    Last edited by Quilluaz; 05-06-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluaz View Post
    I respect your opinion though you really cant deny that you have compared the movie to the comic version with the same name.

"I read the Civil War comics before this came out and the there really is a big difference on how they stood for their ideologies. Their reasons for fighting changed midway through the movie. Their ideologies was overshadowed by other conflicts. "

"Again, I am not comparing it to the comics, I would have not enjoyed it since the scope of the war in the comics is pretty vast which should've included F4 and many of Marvel's greatest heroes. "
    - Again, this is a self contradicting statement. First you say you're not comparing the movie to the comics yet the statement that follows clearly points out your preference of the comics against the movie because of its larger scope and much larger cast of heroes that includes the Fantastic 4 and Marvel's greatest heroes.
    My apologies if I stated it in the wrong way. I meant that "if I compared it to the comics then I would not have enjoyed it since the scope of the war in the comics is pretty vast"... Again, I'm not comparing how the comics and movie went. My opinion is that in the movie, they didn't stand for their ideologies to make the Civil War title more civil-war-ish like a real civil war which is a war of ideologies. With the big battle not a battle between ideologies but a TeamIronman taking down TeamCapt while TeamCapt was going somewhere to stop someone.

it is in THE MOVIE. that conflict is the true Civil War. stop thinking this is an adaptation of the comics.

Definition of civil war
    : a war between groups of people in the same country
    CHECK. seems like we got a real Civil War over here.

Avengers fighting each other due to a conflict of interests:
    -Tony wants to incarcerate Bucky for bombing Vienna
    -Cap wants to give him a second chance and help him prove his innocence

CHECK

Elite Member
    giant man!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    it is in THE MOVIE. that conflict is the true Civil War. stop thinking this is an adaptation of the comics.
    I understand that it is a movie. I am talking about how they stood with their ideologies. It drew inspiration from an art which highlighted a battle of ideologies. Again, my impressions of the movie is about how they stood for their ideologies. Ideologies is what specify a war as a Civil war. And at first, you mentioned the " real Civil War was Tony's rage and thirst for vengeance versus Cap wanting to protect Bucky from Tony's wrath" and now it has changed to "-Tony wants to incarcerate Bucky for bombing Vienna -Cap wants to give him a second chance and help him prove his innocence".

Also, Tony wanted to "bring him in" to be judged, hence he was provided a lawyer (the villain) to defend him yet chained down since he resisted. Capt was there observing the whole time and they haven't imprisoned Bucky since he hasn't gone through due process.
    Last edited by obelisk; 05-07-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickflag View Post
    Siempre if you're going to adapt a comics into a movie fans will expect that it's the live version of the comics. Just like Watchmen and 300. It's almost a frame by frame adaptation. I hate it when the directors downgrade the scale or the characters, if they can't adapt it in life then give us an animated film or don't use the title at all because it's like false advertisement.
    mindblown ko nimo bai

direct adaptation tingali to sa comics ang Martha kay wa man sila reklamo ato.

11.    Advertisement