3 15.00%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Basketball Section: Guidelines

Current Post:

This will be our new Guidelines and Events Post , Fyi

Currently under review

Past Post: July 16 2014
    Wondered if users in here are in favor of it , thought of hearing your opinion and views as it would be great to put some teamwork if we ever do this , so blast away , and lets see what you have , thanks all

If we ever come up with something , maybe keep it simple , and not a whole lot, we wouldn't want another CBA on our hands

Please answer poll and state why. Thanks guys
    Last edited by KE-25; 08-05-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

if can be done, can we have chatbox in basketball section? i know this is far from guidelines or not easy done but this will abbreviate chaos of every thread. those trash talks from kobe hater to lebron boaster and bandwagons fans can shout out it here rather than post in every thread. this will be interesting esp playoffs time.

my opinion and thoughts only...

^^ ma mingaw ang thread kay adto na tanan chatbox

Blog Entries
    In any community, there are rules and by-laws are being set within the community to ensure that everything runs smoothly as possible. Same here too, iSTORYA.net forum is a community for us Pinoys from the archipelago and abroad. We even had a foreigner here (I remember that he lives in Mindanao, I think?).

FINE LINE BETWEEN HEATED CONVERSATION AND PERSONAL ATTACK

We are a wide variety of basketball fans here ranging from PBA, FIBA, to NBA which we are so passionate of our own team, while others are passionate of that team until they goes rebuilding. But that's ok. As a constructive criticism, a forumer may disclose someone's post from the past to prove that the person suddenly contradict his stance on something. That being said, when we get into heated arguments it's NEVER right to disclose someone's identity, ridicule using his/her avatar or picture posted from another thread. That's below the belt. After all, we are here because we love basketball and this forum serve as our vehicle to reach out to everyone from different backgrounds who shares the same passion as ours.

When following a heated conversation, I suggest NOT to post a Michael Jackson eating popcorn. If one have nothing important content to add up to the real-time conversation, better not post anything.

If you don't agree to someone's post, by all means tell him/her as to why you don't agree or it's wrong. Make sure you criticize someone's post in a constructive manner. Just remember, when a person is criticizing your opinion is not an attack on you.

Also, start or reply to a conversation using an either "Reply" or "Reply With Quote" button so others can follow the flow of the conversation.

POSTING NEWS ARTICLES

As part of community, I love it when our fellow forumers are posting news articles, blogs, and tweets from the media and fans that some that I've missed reading during the day. As I've suggested before, I think it would be better to not post an entire article. The reason I'm suggesting that because it disrupts the flow of a conversation and leads to bury a relevant post from someone. Same with posting just a website link. Normally in a news article, you can get an information in the first few paragraphs. I think posting 1-3 paragraphs should be a good idea for news article per quote to post. Also a maximum of 3 quotes as well. If a reader wants to have more information, posting the link at the end would be a great idea.

Speaking of news articles, they are protected under Intellectual Property Law, so we better post the source and give them credit to prevent any threats of lawsuits. Read those new posts from the thread as well, someone may have already posted the same article.

That's the point of every forum is to read people's opinions and engage into conversation with them regardless of our backgrounds.

MORE ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW

With the exceptions of documentaries and past games that are available on YouTube, I suggest on not posting illegal live streams. It clearly states on the forum rules that it's not allowed and it's illegal under the copyright law. Also, it's unfair to people here who are actually subscribed to an NBA channel and/or league pass.

JORDAN v LeBRON/KOBE or JORDAN >,<, = LeBRON/KOBE

WHATEVER. It's getting annoying reading the same post every time. There's a reason @KE-25 had to close them and made an agreement to everyone here that there's should no more of that. Someone on the Cleveland Cavs thread is already making a Jordan v LeBron comeback. Any thread that would relate to that should be an automatic close. Posters who start this topic should be dealt with. All players are unique and has their own weaknesses and strengths and played in different eras. Same with teams too. Saying your team is the best due to the fact they have more championships than the opposing team. Who knows half of them got the trophy before an 82-game season, no CBA existed at the time, lesser teams, pool of players, and etc.

OFF-TOPICS

I'm guilty of this when I brought this up on the Chicago Bulls thread, but I had to do it because it's getting out of hand lately.

This is a basketball section. Let's leave them at that. Conversations like politics that are unrelated to the game of basketball or hot girls should not be here. Although the latter can be brought up on the NBA Wives/GF thread, but there's no place for that topic outside of the said thread.

TRADE PROPOSALS

Our opinions would go to the point we make our own trade proposals. In order to prevent for people discrediting you, it's better to do it with the use of ESPN Trade Machine to make sure it's realistic to the NBA's current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

SUMMARY

I really enjoy being here. But extra added rules would be a big help here just like on the Science section. It's really rare to read OTs and other BS there.

Those are my suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace21 View Post
    if can be done, can we have chatbox in basketball section? i know this is far from guidelines or not easy done but this will abbreviate chaos of every thread. those trash talks from kobe hater to lebron boaster and bandwagons fans can shout out it here rather than post in every thread. this will be interesting esp playoffs time.

Good idea but at the moment were far from it. Thanks for thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by The_JACKAL View Post
    ^^ ma mingaw ang thread kay adto na tanan chatbox
    hahahaha , i'm sure you'd be present there too.
    @FAQ , reading what you have posted ...

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Blog Entries
    Just an add up, when some trolls doing his/her thing on some thread, I think they should be dealt with via warning, infraction, if not ban. It's not fair to close a thread (esp. a team thread) just because a couple of trolls are infesting the thread. If it's really inflammatory, I'm sure mods has the power to delete a troll's post instead of closing the thread completely, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Just an add up, when some trolls doing his/her thing on some thread, I think they should be dealt with via warning, infraction, if not ban. It's not fair to close a thread (esp. a team thread) just because a couple of trolls are infesting the thread. If it's really inflammatory, I'm sure mods has the power to delete a troll's post instead of closing the thread completely, right?
    I agree , that is why I didn't close the Miami thread , but we will look into that. Although lets not completely spoil the fun , in basketball lets have the players play , in Istorya lets have users have a go to a certain extent to keep it interesting and fun at times. Also it is understandable that our emotions get the best of us , as long as its not too disrespectful it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wallace21 View Post

actually bro ang current chat box sa istorya is capable of creating new tab and name it also then invite certain handles para adto mo mag discuss sa inyo ganahan i labay sa isig-usa.

Edit: I take it back. dili na diay pwede from which im pretty sure pwede jud to cya.
    Last edited by crossramz; 07-16-2014 at 09:24 PM.

ok ra mn na mag trashtalk or mo post ug personal attacks dinhi sa basketball section. madala mn jud ang uban tawo sa emotion gud, example lang katong 3 kabook miami heat fans na nawala ron..sus! pastilan grabeha na mn makadala ug post, ka mga wala'y batasan. pero ok ra to. lingaw mn pud, hahahaha..

kung mag butang lang ug guidelines, mawala ang essence sa pag cheer sa imong team. plus hasol na kaayo. mag buhat ra ug clones ning mga trolls, mag balik2x ra. so, let them be na lang. basta diri ra na sa basketball section.

ang guidelines lang tingale sir, basta dili lang laboton ug insult ang mama, papa, anak, uyab, asawa ug igsuon. sobra na pud kaayu na ka below the belt

generally, ok ra na nako insults and pag trashtalk. maka sabay ra ko hahahaha

ang pag cheer sa imong team, pareha ra na nag-duwa ka ug basketball. kung sikhon, tuhodon or tagakon ka. naa ra nimo mu baws ka or just shrug it off and move on. pildi pikon. hahahaha

ot:

naka henomdom lang ko, sa ako experience, nakadawat ko threat sa isa ka laker fan through pm. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCee
    tagbaw naka ug sungog bai? kung tagbaw nakag sungog, get out! y?
    be on the bandwagons list, who the ****ing hell are you , na mura kag kinsa
    mag sungog2x, ofcourse! We cheer for our team, cause its our team.

kalit lg kag lagpot sa lakers thread da!,
    i could say, back to back is enough.2 rings to conclude.
    every other team b4 the start of the season
    re organize and built a team to counter the lakers, sila ang target....

pag bantay2x sunod ha, those photos you've posted as i see it are senseless, and inappropriate, so you better tone it down, if your intention is insulting.
    wait until
    a laker fan moderator here kicks your ass!
    mao na ako nadawat na PM hahahaha.
    Last edited by Hammer_and_Sickle; 07-16-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_and_Sickle View Post
    ok ra mn na mag trashtalk or mo post ug personal attacks dinhi sa basketball section. madala mn jud ang uban tawo sa emotion gud, example lang katong 3 kabook miami heat fans na nawala ron..sus! pastilan grabeha na mn makadala ug post, ka mga wala'y batasan. pero ok ra to. lingaw mn pud, hahahaha..

kung mag butang lang ug guidelines, mawala ang essence sa pag cheer sa imong team. plus hasol na kaayo. mag buhat ra ug clones ning mga trolls, mag balik2x ra. so, let them be na lang. basta diri ra na sa basketball section.

ang guidelines lang tingale sir, basta dili lang laboton ug insult ang mama, papa, anak, uyab, asawa ug igsuon. sobra na pud kaayu na ka below the belt

generally, ok ra na nako insults and pag trashtalk. maka sabay ra ko hahahaha

ang pag cheer sa imong team, pareha ra na nag-duwa ka ug basketball. kung sikhon, tuhodon or tagakon ka. naa ra nimo mu baws ka or just shrug it off and move on. pildi pikon. hahahaha

ot:

naka henomdom lang ko, sa ako experience, nakadawat ko threat sa isa ka laker fan through pm. hahahaha

mao na ako nadawat na PM hahahaha.
    Thanks for your opinions and thoughts , also by voting it should help guide us if we want to do this or not.
    I agree to some of your comments , we need to give users space to cheer on there team and a little nudge aint a big deal. Hopefully we get most of our regulars thoughts and make a decision.

Wow Jeff was on a rant there hehehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast