Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Nokia X - Android powered by Nokia

To debut maybe later this month.

Report: Nokia X will debut at Mobile World Congress running Android with a Windows Phone twist Report: Nokia X will debut at Mobile World Congress running Android with a Windows Phone twist

Oh, wow, this is supposed to be heavily forked so it's unlikely to be compatible with most Android apps. I don't know what Nokia is thinking -- part of the appeal of Android is its cross-compatibility. Fork it too much and it might as well not be Android at all. Best of luck to Nokia, but I don't think this is going to go over very well. I mean, if even well established OSs like Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and the sadly defunct Palm OS had a hard time against the Android and IOS strongholds, I don't see this new FrankenOS having much luck. Might make for a good collector's item for mobile enthusiasts, though. Gotta catch 'em all!

Blog Entries
    Wa ta kbw. It's heavily forked but in the end still Android powered. So wa jd ta kbw. We'll just have to wait til it actually releases.

Mogive in na jud tawn ang nokia. Hadluk na jud sila kay nagkagamay ug maayo ilang market.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by junmar4 View Post
    Mogive in na jud tawn ang nokia. Hadluk na jud sila kay nagkagamay ug maayo ilang market.
    Chue kau nga fact boss. Microsoft makes 1.6 billion dollars per year from Android. More than 5 times it made from their windows phones.

Reportedly, Microsoft Makes $1.6 Billion Per Year on Android http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...r-android.html
    Last edited by nickgandionco; 02-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Mao gani. So man gud murag sila ang pinakadugay nigive in sa android as far big phone manufacturers.

Blog Entries
    Update sa Nokia X.

There will be no Google core apps.

No Google Core Apps for the Nokia Android Device http://androidspin.com/2014/02/10/go...ndroid-device/

I guess Google Play Store compatibility is out. That's going to severely limit the app availability of the Nokia X. If there's one thing that makes or breaks a mobile platform, it's developer support. Nokia is going to need something to draw in the devs if they want their new platform to succeed.

Blog Entries
    More leaks. Showing us a better design and tile UI.
    New images of the Nokia X leak, gives us a better look at the tiled UI http://androidauthority.com.feedspor...0C/story01.htm

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast