Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

EDG_2518 by Edge Ramas, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sevmik View Post
    any serious hobbyist would eventually upgrade, the key is knowing why you would upgrade. would you upgrade because your skills have gone beyond the features of your camera or because you think a higher end model would result in better pictures? far too many upgraded to better bodies yet their shots, no offense meant, remains mediocre. there's nothing wrong with starting with an entry-level cam (mao gani "entry"). after all, it's not the camera but the photographer. hell, i've seen better pictures taken with a 2mp digicam than 12mp+ DSLRs.

Irrelevant. Regardless of it being mid, semi-pro, or pro level the principle remains the same. Would you recommend a Ferrari to something learning to drive? The D7100 has enough knobs, dials, buttons, and menus to confuse even tech-savvy people. I’ve seen too many newbies who give up photography because the technical aspect drowned them in the first few days of learning.

I'm not arguing with you by the way, just giving another perspective to those who are thinking about going into photography.

I know what I say kay at a point in my life I sell camera for a living. There's nothing wrong with getting the best camera ma kaya sa budget. ana man tanan pag sugod.. ayaw ko ingna nga pag sugod nimo photography, pag first click nimo sa imu first camera, expert na ka diretcho, ambot asa ka kuha ana imu perspective.

daghan kaayo ko nah kit.an nga starting sila photography getting high end cameras as their starting camera, like I mention ganiha dili ka expert diretcho pero karon they are winning photo contest.. locally and nation wide.

yes, mo recommend ko ug ferrari if naai gusto mo learn to drive... if mao nah iyang car... nganu ipa drive man siya ug jeepney kung ferrari iyang auto?

---

Since my first DSLR Nikon D40 (at that time mao ra gud ako ma afford) then the D80 (my workhorse).. It's just WOW!!!!! grabe ang focusing, fast and accurate.. not as fast(in terms of fps) pero accurate(di kaayo ko hilig mo rak2x pang test2x lng). mas mo prefer gahapon ko sa color sa D40 pero excellent kaayo ang rendering sa colors. akong pina ka ignorantehan is the high ISO... ang ISO400 sa akong D80, ISO3200.. 6400 is very usable. sorry video mode, wa gud taka gi hilabtan.. hahahahaha! post nya ko ug sample when naa ko ma shoot.an.......... puhon... like the F5 iyang metering is the smarter. kung tricky ang light situation mas ma kaya nah niya... I think naka tabang ang improvement sa dynamic range sa camera. di ka ma hadlok ug pull sa shadow or highlight (if ever you need to)

tips nako
    #1 nako read the manual
    #2 (para sa mga starting photogs) learn photography basics
    #3 shoot, shoot, shoot

to save space ni gamit ko ug 12bit nga compress raw... so far sa ako gi testing wa siya difference from the 14bit uncompress raw

using the free software (Nikon captureNX-D) gamay rah adjust okay nah (usually exposure gamay, about 0.3 then contrast +20 para mo pop siya gamay then it's good to go)
    Last edited by P-Chan; 11-24-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    yes fafi. if they can afford, then why not.

when i came back to putug, my first dslr was the cheapo canon 1100d and then the 5dm3 came out, i was really tempted to buy it but then i said to myself IM NOT WORTHY, i still have to relearn everything ... but then i planned to switch to nikon, my first target was the d3s that one istoryan ( dacx ) was selling here, but then again, i said to myself IM NOT WORTHY to hold such nice equipment. so i started with the d7100 and now, i think i'm worthy or have learned enough that the need to upgrade is essential ... but .. waiting for the d5 to be released so that the d4s price will go down hehehehe. lisud man gud coz there are times that my d7100 isn't enough to capture what i want, like when we went to this inland aquarium in jeddah where flash photog ain't allowed and inside was damn dark and my iso 6400 or hi1 setting is just plain crap, that got me wanting the d4s ..... so, upgrading gears has it's reasons fafi hehe
    Boss nagbaylo diay ta, Nikon to Canon ko.

4.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910