Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Should Spirituality replace Religion?

Do you believe that Spirituality should replace Religion? So what is Spirituality and how do you differentiate it from Religion?

I suspect that a lot of people are going to chime in on this one.

Silver Hawk
    Cebu Paranormal Society
    www.cebuparanormalsociety.com (something good is about to happen...visit our site from time to time)

Default Re: Should Spirituality replace Religion?

It shouldn't be replaced, because religion is part of Spirituality.
    God is Spirit and we should serve Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Peace!

i personally think spirituality and religion are synonymous..

In my humble thinking, we need Religion in order to foster Spirituality

[color=navy]Please consider it this way, religion is the soil from which the seed of spirituality will grow out from. Whether that soil is hard, soft, barren or fertile so would be the spirituality that is sustained by it.

Religion prepares the body, it schools the mind. It teaches knowledge, it nurtures the vessel with faith and values. It sets limits; boundaries to protect one's virtues like much the egg's shell protects the life contain within.

But Religion is not Life, it is a way of Living, but not Life. Ultimately, the knowledge learned must be tried, the faith earned must be tested.

The borders will be breached, the shell will be cracked.

The vessel must hold water, the vessel must pass through the fire.

And through it, the vessel may become chipped, it may lack its luster but as long as it remains whole and willing to receive, whole and willing to give... then one's spirituality shall burn like a strong point of light, a lamp in the darkness. It shall pour forth, like water from an endless spring, always refreshing, for one's spirituality is always unique.

again that would depend on what your assumption is regarding spirituality and religion. And again, the problem with the study of religion is its definition.

The root of the spiritual problem we face today is the intense competitiveness we have injected into religion. Each of us believes our religion is the best and it is incumbent upon us to save the world by converting everyone else to our mode of worship.

Personally i believe that understanding that the idea of God..signifies ABSOLUTE UNITY is important. Anyone advocating unquestioning loyalty to a restrictive group such as faith, ethnicity, or mode of worhip, is in fact doing the opposite and is instead promoting the fall of humanity by advancing division.

Personally, I define Religion as; a.) set of beliefs, faith, or things you perceive to be real or true. OR b.) are set of principles, practices, or rituals, based on an organized body or order... more like guidelines.

Spirituality, concerns with the matter of the spirit; the essence of mind, body and soul. In order to fulfill/ experience something greater than ourselves, we study, practice, and live a set of guidelines, rules or principles... and we become.

I think, One cannot live without the Other...
    It's like division and unity all at the same time.
    but I don't know.
    Di ko sure.

Remember that the church is a ruthless organization hell-bent on maintaining its riches, power, and influence. Something like the Mafia. Then using this backdrop, you can more easily understand the underlying reasons for the church's actions.

1.Jesus Christ goal was not to give us 'natural highs' that the Jesus Freaks talk about.

2. Jesus Christ did not offer himself as some kind of 'personal saviour' (that is a marketing gimmick invented by latter-day protestants).

3. Jesus Christ MOST CERTAINLY did not die on the cross just so he could threaten us with eternal torment if we did not 'believe in him'.

4. The notion of a 'Rapture' where Christians disappear in the wink of an eye is as ridiculous and stupid as any zany theories you will hear in other cults. There is no verse in the bible that can even be remotely construed to infer this fact.

4. The people who hold stuff like the above as their doctrine ARE exactly the wolves in sheep's clothing that Jesus warned about. I guess these people are pretty much proof that Satan exists, because their lies and deception are essentially what 'Satan' is all about -> the propagation of empty, useless fear and doubt.

@diem In my humble thinking, we need Religion in order to foster Spirituality

i am feeling you man...

"When it comes to bullsh!t, big-time, major league bullsh!t, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest.

"Religion.

"Religion easily has the greatest bullsh!t story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.

"And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

"BUT HE LOVES YOU.

"He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more.

"Ho-leeee Sh!t!"

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast