Default OIL and Gas worker: research/thesis idea please..

hi everyone , please help us with petroleum engineering related research topic for our group thesis.
    i notice some of the member here r already working on oil and gas industry, so I'd think it's better to ask someone who had experience w/ lots of idea about what is a good topic to research ,..we include travel to our research so we could visit personally the site to get data we need for.. any idea po mga sir? tagalog nlng po tau or english kung pwede po.. salamat po..

Default Re: OIL and Gas worker: research/thesis idea please..

If you want some detailed info go to Schlumberger website. You can also get some video from roughneck city website. Rigzone can also give you information. There are some geothermal rigs with PNOC but I doubt you are welcome o visit he site, especially on the safety side. As far as my experience goes only key personnel are allowed to visit the rig. I believe a small land rig is operating in Maya, Cebu don't know if its still operating until now. Good luck with your thesis.

1. Are you graduating students?
    2. What are your course/major?
    3. What are your proposed topics?
    4. Is this thesis a for graduation or just a thesis/study of a certain major subject?

Please be precise TS so that we can understand, and perhaps assist you in your studies.

salamat sa response.. I'm a graduating Student, majoring in Petroleum Engineering, part ng curriclum ang thesis/research.. hmm.. un nga po ang problem we don't hav a good topic for our research, ang hirap dn kasi mag-isip kapag reality na ang pinag-uusapan, eh puro theories and principle nman ang pinagaaraln sa school, we still lacking of knowledge in terms of practical applcation .. wala pa kaming topic,, do u hv any idea..

Hmmm.

Perhaps, one of the common hazards encountered in oil and gas environment is the presence of H2S. At elevated levels, H2S could pose life threatening, as well as damage to your equipments (electrical. electronics, and mechanical).

1. Locate the source of H2S, and find ways to minimize or control it's emissions.
    2. Make a study in how could it affect the operating life of the equipments in the area (degradation of electronic/electrical equipments).

Those are just examples. There are lots of ideas out there.

I agree with Scott, Avenrose just to remind you not all wells drilled have an H2S. That's why when drilling rigs are going to drill wells to be potential with H2S. equipments are upgraded to H2S certified including the personnel onboard.

great idea.,we'll try to submit that topic for approval on monday,. now I\m thinking on what tactics r we gonna take, r we gonna make an experimental analysis or visit a site for observation/investigation? or both :P . if so, which rig could allow us to do an observation,?. In experimental analysis were thinking if we could search for additives to drilling mud to neutralize H2s bfore it comes to surface..

i'm still thinking f they gonna allow us to conduct this resrch since H2S is very hazardous..but again great idea its a good topic..

r u familiar with Enhance oil recovery, how about the work of mud engineer.,just wondering f we could do something on it. ..hmm..just in case .. thanks again to ur suggestions.

TS: Is it necessary for you to conduct your thesis or study only on rigs or drilling? You might find it a little difficult to have access on these companies.

There are other industries or site you can visit and conduct study. Manufacturing plants, Oil and Gas power plants, oil depots and refineries, etc...

You have to be versatile as long as you are within the boundaries of your course/topics. Communicate with the company's administrative manager and HR Manager / Personnel regarding your purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenrose View Post
    hi everyone , please help us with petroleum engineering related research topic for our group thesis.
    i notice some of the member here r already working on oil and gas industry, so I'd think it's better to ask someone who had experience w/ lots of idea about what is a good topic to research ,..we include travel to our research so we could visit personally the site to get data we need for.. any idea po mga sir? tagalog nlng po tau or english kung pwede po.. salamat po..

asa ka nag-school ate?

10.    Advertisement