View Poll Results: Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808. Is it Good or Bad?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea coz it will help to solve CyberCrime today!

14 10.69%
  • Not a Good idea coz it will affect our Freedom of Speech!

117 89.31%
Page 1 of 88 123411 ... LastLast

Default MERGED: All about Anti-Cybercrime Law, related issues and developments

Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808.
    So the House of Representatives has finally passed their own version of the Anti-Cybercrime Bill (HB 580 which is also known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012. The bill includes online threats and online defamation as cybercrime offenses.

So aside from online intrusion, hacking or illegal use of network resources, online libel will also be part of this bill.

For online defamation, the penalty is a minimum of Php500,000 (and a maximum of Php1 million) penalty plus a prison term.

The Senate has their own version of the Anti Cybercrime Bill (Senate Bill 2796). Senator Angara also clarified the Senate Bill in contrast with the issues on SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate and Congress will be consolidating these two bills and eventually finalize them and pass it into a law upon the President’s approval.

What can you say about this?
    Pros:
    Cons:

Source: [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808 | YugaTech | Philippines, Tech Reviews Blog

Please read also their comments and opinion!

Default Re: Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808. What can you say about this?

does those negative comments about noy2x considered as online libel? LOLS

Default Re: Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808. What can you say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Thief Bug View Post
    does those negative comments about noy2x considered as online libel? LOLS
    hahahahahaha!

I say, we have too many laws and yet so little justice.

Something terribly wrong in that.

i think politicians will abuse this law for their own sake, ryt? i smell something fishy..

On Facebook Status:

Juan: Cong. Xxx Stole money from his district!

Cong. XXX: Thats not true!!(which later file LIBEL case!)

HAHAHAHAHA! FAK this hopeless country!No Freedom of Speech anymore even in Internet Social site,Blogs, etc!

^ Sakto gyud bai.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Very easy to abuse such a law. This is what's happening in South Africa at the moment; the ANC has become very corrupt and is using defamation laws to silence critics, particularly journalists who are routinely harassed by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzkie23 View Post
    i think politicians will abuse this law for their own sake, ryt? i smell something fishy..

On Facebook Status:

Juan: Cong. Xxx Stole money from his district!

Cong. XXX: Thats not true!!(which later file LIBEL case!)

HAHAHAHAHA! FAK this hopeless country!No Freedom of Speech anymore even in Internet Social site,Blogs, etc!
    I disagree with this bro. Come to think of it, politicians have their own battles to face. People will learn to be more tactful and responsible for their online lifestyle now. Let the politicians worry about their issues. I think this is more for the regular juan.

I see more of positive than negative to this bill. After all, with the internet boom its high time our government protects its citizens even in the virtual world.

Nabuang na!

good naman unta peru nganong naa paman na ang online defamation tsk tsk tsk

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 88 123411 ... LastLast