View Poll Results: Which do you believe in more? That the earth is only 6000+ years old, or...

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • The earth is just around 6,000+ years old

3 10.00%
  • The earth, and the rest of the universe is around 13.7 billion years old

27 90.00%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Question Which do you believe in more? That the earth is only 6000+ years old, or...

This is a poll.

Which statement do you believe in more? That the earth is only 6000+ years old (or up to 10,000+ years as the Y.E.C. indicate), or that the earth, and the rest of the universe is about 13.7 billion years old?

I'm curious as to how many iStoryans believe in this or that.

BTW you DO NOT have to comment on this thread, the more important thing is you PICK one of the two options provided in the poll DIRECTLY ABOVE this thread. Thank you.

Should you wish to comment on the thread, make sure it's only a comment related to what you answered--this is NOT meant to be a discussion thread, as there already exists a thread dedicated to the discussion of this subject matter.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 05-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: Which do you believe in more? That the earth is only 6000+ years old, or...

rods, bisan pa unsay result sa poll dili gihapon na basis nga mahimong fact kay daghang flaws ang carbon dating ug walay bisan usa nga nakawitness sa creation sa ginoo. In short, assumption rana tanan!

Job 38:4 God's challenge to all of us...........
    Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if you have understanding.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which do you believe in more? That the earth is only 6000+ years old, or...

Unlike you, I'm not trying to prove anything my making the poll. I am merely curious and I want to satisfy my curiosity. And thanks for participating btw.

-RODION

The results should be interesting...

Blog Entries

LOL that Sean Bean poster makes it seem as if atheists are bad people. Am I bad person?

-RODION

@Grammaton... even religion has its flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    LOL that Sean Bean poster makes it seem as if atheists are bad people. Am I bad person?

-RODION
    No not all. I don't really believe in 6000 year old theory myself. It just bothers me why I should believe the Earth is 13 billion as well.

Wasn't in the 1950's the earth was said to be 2 billion and in then a few decades later up until recently it was 4.5 billion and now 13 billion? Funny how time flies...

Quote Originally Posted by Grammaton View Post
    rods, bisan pa unsay result sa poll dili gihapon na basis nga mahimong fact kay daghang flaws ang carbon dating ug walay bisan usa nga nakawitness sa creation sa ginoo. In short, assumption rana tanan!

Job 38:4 God's challenge to all of us...........
    Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if you have understanding.
    so assumption sad ang imo gituohan...
    Last edited by ketllac; 05-16-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by machinecult View Post
    Wasn't in the 1950's the earth was said to be 2 billion and in then a few decades later up until recently it was 4.5 billion and now 13 billion? Funny how time flies...

The 2 billion estimate (age of the earth) was correct at the time (1950's), because our tools were still limited then. Science is NOT stagnant, it keeps improving. For instance, if you measured the distance between Colon and Lahug by just pacing out (i.e. walking and estimating the average 'length of stride' of your legs), you would come up with a rough measure of distance. However, if you used a wheel with a precision laser marking every centimeter of the way (like the Google van's), you would come up with a better estimate. And as time goes by, there will be better estimates as we gain more and better tools.

However, as to the case of the 4.5 billion vs. the 13.7 billion years, you are just confused (or misinformed) between the age of the earth/solar system (4.5 billion years) and the rest of the universe (13.7 billion years).

-RODION

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Less talking, more voting.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast