Default Logitech announces availability of Harmony 200 universal remote control

Logitech announces availability of Harmony 200 universal remote control by VR-Zone.com

Do you still remember those good old days where the act of turning on the television set to catch a few shows involved having to fiddle with no more than two remote controls? Well, the good news is that Logitech is attempting to bring back such simplicity to a user's home entertainment by introducing its new Harmony 200 universal remote control, which is reportedly capable of performing the functions of up to three remote controls in a single unit.

Maybe it is because I was one playful kid back then, but when I was first introduced to the concept of universal remote controls my immediate thought was about how one could use such a device for mischief-making, such as turning off the neighbour's television set from a distance. However, those days are long gone, and today we cannot help but appreciate the convenience such remote controls bring to our lives, and Logitech's new Harmony 200 looks set to continue that trend.

According to Logitech, the new Harmony 200 universal remote control is capable of controlling up to three devices. Which, for most people, will probably be the television set, the pay-TV setup box and a surround sound speaker setup. The company also claims that the new Harmony 200 is designed to be easy to configure, as users merely need to register for an online Harmony account, enter the details of the devices they wish to control with the remote and Logitech's servers, which boast a hardware compatibility database of “over 5,000 brands and 225,000 devices”, will automatically handle the rest.

The new Logitech Harmony 200 universal remote control will be available for sale locally at the suggested retail price of S$39 (PHP 1,365) come early September this year.

Default Re: Logitech announces availability of Harmony 200 universal remote control

asa ta kapalit ani bro?..need it for my receiver?

3.    Advertisement