Page 1 of 253 123411 ... LastLast

Default Restaurant Reviews

Since we all love to eat and Cebu has a lot of restos maybe we can help out members in picking where to eat. here's how it works. Write a review of the restaurant, taking note of how clean the place is, the taste of the food, presentation, price and of course service. At the bottom of your post score them from 1 to 5, 5 being the highest.

Have fun!

Default Re: Restaurant Reviews

Tokyo Joe's

So wifey and I were out to have lunch. We opted to try out the new Japanese fastfood restaurant Tokyo Joes at SM City. She ordered the Tempura and Beef Bento and I got the Salmon and Mayo Genku and Beef Ramen with Red Iced Tea to quench our thirst.

The bento came with two pieces of Ebi Tempura, some sauteed bean sprouts, beef teriyaki and a good measure of rice. We started gorging on the bean sprouts when my wife suddenly told me to stop eating. She then pointed out the hair in the bean sprouts. She immediately called the attention of the waitress near our table and was told that it would be replaced, however, my wife opted to call for the supervisor. The supervisor came, probably already briefed by the waitress with the situation, he told wifey that it will be replaced. Hearing stories of how some chefs and servers treat complaining customers, wifey asked that the previous plate remain until the new one is served.

Luckily, my Salmon and Mayo Genku arrived. I love sushi and can gorge on loads of sashimi. However, I don't like being served sushi that is bigger than a bite size and this genku was as such. The ramen was not good either. The broth was obviously new as the flavor of the beef has not embedded itself in the broth (yes, I am one of those that believe that a good ramen must have good broth), but what can you expect from a fastfood resto.

rating: 2/5

@pnoize...i like the way you did your review....kewl ayo imong narrative style...so i will try to follow it if i can...

NONKI'S (japanese Restaurant at AS Fortuna)

I went to Nonki's with 3 guy friends....the food was really really good. I have lived in Japan for 7 years and I believe I can now at least eliminate the mediocre from the authentic ...anyway the presentation of the food (very important in Japanese cuisine) was good and the sashimi very fresh. The servers try to speak a little Japanese (mostly greetings) and were very cute in their Japanese inspired uniforms.

However, inspite of the steep price they still charged us with the ICE we used for the drinks. My friends drink beer with ice (don't ask me why he he he) ...we tried to explain to them that our bill will be very high (had the imported beef etc etc) can they not consider giving the ice for free...kulang sa diskarte...they stuck to their rule of charging for the ice....if i was the supervisor i would readily give the ice for free...seeing i have in front of me good customers who can possibly tell others about my restaurant....my friend tried to explain it is not about the price of the ice...it is about giving your customers unexpected quality of service....etc etc etc...kabalo namo sa mga istorya kon hubog na...

anyway....i would still recommend the restaurant if we talk about ambiance, food and cleanliness...but not for general principles...

i would rate NONKI 3.5/5

I have loved food all my life and ever since I can remember, I have always enjoyed dressing up and trying out different restaurants...from "pungko-pungko" outside Redemptorist Church to swanky restaurants in NYC and Las Vegas. Good food, good friends and a smiling attendant....now, that's the good life.

La Tegola, Banilad
    Cusine: Italian
    Price: expect to pay around P300++ per person.
    Service: Good (most of the time) American service

When you enter, you are met by a Captain Waiter who is attentive and energetic. Seats you well and endorses you to an order taker who is quite knowledgeable (most of the time, unless you get relegated to a practicumer! If that happens, be careful). Menu is long (not very entertaining), but is mostly pasta, pizza and carni. Instead of the usual bread, they will serve you their famous bruschetta...memorable indeed. Its crisp with olive oil based salsa and w/ just a tinge of herbs. However, they will charge you an additional P30 if you order another plate If you love tomato, try the tomato soup for starters (aahh...heaven) simple, straightforward and heartwarming. For main course, try the Ale Vongole (pasta with clams in white wine) but if you crave pizza, try the 4 Cheese Pizza (Quatro de Formaggi) --- its not on the menu, but they will make it for you if you request for it. Make sure the crust is thin so you can really savor the cheese. However, if your not fond of gargonzola, never mind. hehehe For dessert, well..i dont really have a sweet tooth, but go ahead and gorge. They dont have a fancy line up, but my favorite will always be mint ice cream with some choco syrup.

I would recommend it.
    Over all rating: 3.5 / 5

BENTO CAFE
    St. Patricks Square (Don Ramon Aboitiz, Across Stc Redem area)
    Food starts at 50 pesos to 500 pesos.

Great friendly staff, affordable bento meals, sushi and maki's are very affordable
    Gotta love their Torikatsu and their side dish na bean sprouts. hehe
    Nice ambiance; very relaxing

Rating: 4/5

Fine Cuisine

St. Patricks square (don ramon aboitiz, across STC redem area)
    25 PESOS to a thousand

Affordable Fine dining, the place is great, the staff is very friendly (some very good looking)
    They serve steaks (but i havent tried them, im not a fan)
    I love their pasta which has chicken and free drinks for a price range of 118 for carbonara til 200 for marinara
    Fresh ingredients

Great for dates since its quiet and exclusive
    Food is served fast and the place is clean (even their restroom is clean and smells good!)
    No problem for parking

Gwyn,

Ive been planning to go to Nonki...thats the one in AS fortuna with the high tech bathroom right? hahaha
    My friend was entertained by the toilet that had japanese instructions and I promised Id try it out.

OT: @orange - yes ...go to nonki if you love japanese food...i tried the others as well but nonki gets my vote...also i am a great pasta lover myself (started a thread All About Pasta sa Food and Dining dire sa forum) and I agree to your review of La Tegola...

never tried Iryn's recommendations but they sure sound interesting ...will check them out next time!

@pnoize - this is a great thread...i hope we get more reviews from other istoryans!

@gwyn: If you LOVE pasta, then you should go to Plantation Bay's Italian Restaurant..Palermo. Im a fan. They make their pasta
    fresh everytime. Its to die for...like the fettucine con gamberi, farfalloni alla carbonara (the real italian carbonarra ha, not
    the american creamy type) and my all time favorite...the linguine alle vongole.

Pasta price: P300 for starters (which actually is a good size already for Filipino appetites) an entree size is about P500 or so.
    Price for the other ala carte items....ranging from P300 to P1500.

Happy eating!

STK 'ta bai

In seach of good food, my wife and I again ventured in trying out this house that was transformed in to a restaurant. STK 'ta bai is along orchid street and from what I was told, is one of the original house/restaurants in that area. Thai soup, baked scallops and inihaw na blue marlin jaw were the choices for tonights food tryst with an old highschool classmate of mine and her hubby.

Delicious, juicy and tender were the words that came out of our mouths still filled with the sumptous feast brought to us. The place is clean and the food is well prepared. The food attendant are always on the look-out and waiting to be beckoned by the hungry customers. While presentation is not as classy as those you'd see in fancy restaurants, the taste makes up for it. Really affordable meal for a delectable dinner.

rating: 9/10

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 253 123411 ... LastLast