Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default med student in need of help or advice from a doctor

hi there..

i hope you guys can help me.. i am still a first year medical student but then i think that im loosing my interest na sa medical field...

i do want to become a doctor not because g pugos lang ko sa ako parents but because nahan jud ko mu serve....and besides d ko ka imagine sa ako self sa lain nga trabaho...

at first ok ra man au ko sa skul...f kapoyon tuon kay mag cge lang ko think nga "THIS IS FOR TEH FILIPINO PEOPLE" so mugana ra ko tuon balik but lately d na jud mu work..tapulan na jud au ko...mura ug nawala ako interest..

hapit na mahuman ang skul year ron den befor mi mag perform sa amu research maka uli pa ko sa cebu for 3 weeks and 4 days...nahan unta ko nga mabalik ako gana sa pag eskwela para makatabang pud ko in teh near future...

naa ba moy nahibaw.an nga hospital or clinic na pwede ko mag volunteer or maski observe lang..

tnx

Default Re: med student in need of help or advice from a doctor

I'm not a med student or a doctor... but I do work in the health field.

My suggestion... put a Smack gown on (or scrub suit - doesn't really matter) and go to VSMMC. If you're wearing one, they'll let you through the doors anytime...

Go through every ward there... look at people there. Look at every single patient, family, S.O. that don't have anything to spare even for basic medicine...and observe how they are treated. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.
    Last edited by kazki; 03-06-2011 at 02:01 AM.

^^hehehe. nice idea.

pero try lang og contact sa mga head sa hospitals diri cebu para at least aware sila...

hmm.. maybe you should make your motivation "unsa akong makuha nga magtuon ko".. i-center sa imong self rather than the people.. bahala selfish but i think naa man jud na sa atong nature pud nga mu-better for our own selves..

try thinking nga if i study now, dli kaayo ko maglisod inig finals.. if i study now, dli kaayo ko magkabuang for the board exams.. if i study now, mas ma confident ko in dealing with patients later kay i have a strong background knowledge na.. if i study now and accumulate points, dli ko ma-pressure trying to catch up sa future exams..

if you want to take a look at the scenario jud sa hospitals karon (esp public).. i agree with peewee_toot nga mas maayo mananghid ka sa heads..

Quote Originally Posted by kazki View Post
    I'm not a med student or a doctor... but I do work in the health field.

My suggestion... put a Smack gown on (or scrub suit - doesn't really matter) and go to VSMMC. If you're wearing one, they'll let you through the doors anytime...

Go through every ward there... look at people there. Look at every single patient, family, S.O. that don't have anything to spare even for basic medicine...and observe how they are treated. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.

nyc one..hehhe

actually ako sister doctor sa sotto but then i wanted to solve this prob unta on my own lang kay never ending yawyaw nya ako ma receive den d pud ko nahan mag worry sila...

Quote Originally Posted by reginakrys View Post
    hmm.. maybe you should make your motivation "unsa akong makuha nga magtuon ko".. i-center sa imong self rather than the people.. bahala selfish but i think naa man jud na sa atong nature pud nga mu-better for our own selves..

try thinking nga if i study now, dli kaayo ko maglisod inig finals.. if i study now, dli kaayo ko magkabuang for the board exams.. if i study now, mas ma confident ko in dealing with patients later kay i have a strong background knowledge na.. if i study now and accumulate points, dli ko ma-pressure trying to catch up sa future exams..

if you want to take a look at the scenario jud sa hospitals karon (esp public).. i agree with peewee_toot nga mas maayo mananghid ka sa heads..

honestly, if i would only think about myself i would rather quit..
    but then i really want to help others man jud and being a doctor would provide me all the means to help both financially and physically..

we i come to cebu for my three weeks summer vacation try nako pananghid sa mga directors..

THANX

Quote Originally Posted by haidee_08 View Post
    honestly, if i would only think about myself i would rather quit..
    but then i really want to help others man jud and being a doctor would provide me all the means to help both financially and physically..

we i come to cebu for my three weeks summer vacation try nako pananghid sa mga directors..

THANX
    well, you can't be a doctor unless you finish medschool.. so mejo contradictory nang muingon ka nga you would rather quit but still imong goal is to become a doctor.. if you want to help people by becoming a doctor, finishing your studies should be part of the plan..

i've read your other thread sa Gen Discussions.. i think you should be honest with your family.. to hell with their expectations.. they should understand you as an individual and not pattern you after your older siblings kay kada isa ninyo lahi man jud.. if you feel that you need to take a break, be honest with your parents.. it's better than if mucontinue ka then inig abot nimog 3rd yr mapawng na jud totally imong fire.. sayang kwarta and not to mention time and effort..

EDIT: swerte gani ka sis, ako first year lang ko kutob.. i would love to continue and finish medicine, but now my family should be my top priority..

Quote Originally Posted by reginakrys View Post
    well, you can't be a doctor unless you finish medschool.. so mejo contradictory nang muingon ka nga you would rather quit but still imong goal is to become a doctor.. if you want to help people by becoming a doctor, finishing your studies should be part of the plan..

i've read your other thread sa Gen Discussions.. i think you should be honest with your family.. to hell with their expectations.. they should understand you as an individual and not pattern you after your older siblings kay kada isa ninyo lahi man jud.. if you feel that you need to take a break, be honest with your parents.. it's better than if mucontinue ka then inig abot nimog 3rd yr mapawng na jud totally imong fire.. sayang kwarta and not to mention time and effort..

EDIT: swerte gani ka sis, ako first year lang ko kutob.. i would love to continue and finish medicine, but now my family should be my top priority..

ang ako g ingon bro is if ako ra self ako i thinnk mas nahan ko mu quit para magwork nalang ko dats if ako ra self ako huna.hunaon..

mahadlok man gud ko sa reaction nila maam ug papa..hehehehe..

kahibaw man ko swerte ko kay gpaskwela pa ko sa ako parents..mao pud na ang reason nga mahadlok ko sa ila reaction kay mahal bya ang tuition hehhehe...

thanx

ang ako g ingon bro is if ako ra self ako i thinnk mas nahan ko mu quit para magwork nalang ko dats if ako ra self ako huna.hunaon..
    so what do you really want for yourself man jud? so it's not really your desire to become a doctor? libog ko ani.. kay ingon ka earlier you want to become a doctor and you can't imagine yourself being something else in the future.. if that's the case, imo na unta na-condition imong self never to quit until the end..

mahadlok man gud ko sa reaction nila maam ug papa..hehehehe..

kahibaw man ko swerte ko kay gpaskwela pa ko sa ako parents..mao pud na ang reason nga mahadlok ko sa ila reaction kay mahal bya ang tuition hehhehe...

thanx
    well, think about it this way.. if you reach higher years na then that's the time nga mu-finally sink in nga ganahan na jud ka mu-stop, wouldn't it be a bigger waste of money kay pila na gud ka years ang gibayaran sa imong parents? whereas if you take a breather now, and really figure out what you want to do, let's say you finally decide nga mulahutay jud ka.. then worth it ang bayaran sa imong parents kay mu-finish man jud ka till the end.. or let's say you realize nga dili jud ka, at least dli ma waste ang additional 2,3, or 4 years of paying your tuition fee.. plus maka-save pa ka on time, effort, and stress..

nyc one..hehhe

actually ako sister doctor sa sotto but then i wanted to solve this prob unta on my own lang kay never ending yawyaw nya ako ma receive den d pud ko nahan mag worry sila...
    You will only be there to observe, sis. You don't need permission from the high ranks, really (they have a lot of things to cater everyday - attending to your concerns would be the least priority in their busy schedule). Nursing students even come and go through there assessing patients and such.

Back in the day when I was serving my RLE hours there... I saw the injustices received by these people... I saw how they were neglected at times and I saw how unfair the world was for our uneducated fellowmen. There were times when some health ethics were ignored for the mere fact that they were "just" common poor people (this goes from the common orderly to the highest medical professional). Students from other universities were really lucky they didn't go through this.

Although I couldn't do much back then with my limited abilities. I used this experience to strive harder... to make myself different from some health professionals there who disregarded the essence of being human.

I am not much of a top student back then (my grades were not that impressive really)...but this reality made me realize that being a better health professional, I can change the lives of those people. Well, it got me through the university and through the licensure exams pretty much.

You need something to move you?... that one moved me by a very long span...
    Last edited by kazki; 03-07-2011 at 01:38 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast