Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default please help me how to connect my two computer for myDSL

i hav pldt myDSL i want to use it for two computers... only one cable for lancard raman unsaun para magamit sa duha nako ka computer...ang isa kay running win98SE then ang isa kay winxp...pwede raba? naa ni suggest nako nga switch daw..i dunno bout it... naa pud ingun na i need to buy another lancard then connect daw nako sa computer ka2 naay connection sa pldtmydsl then buy daw ko ug utp cable para ma connect nako sa pikas computer... i dont know which is which...please help....thanks to all....

kung dli na ka magpuno lain computer, dli na knahanglan ang switch. pede na ang crossover connection. pero ang importante is kbalo ka sa imo gateway ug dns ip. murag dhcp ra ba na ang myDSL.

Default thanks alot for the help but i need to understand more

i wanted to know unsa na crossover connection u mean... kana mo palit ko lain lancard then utp cable? after asa nga setting i-change nako? hope i can do it myself...if possible in layman's term pra kasabot sad ko asa dapita i taud and i change mga setting kung p/p nga setting...thanks alot again...

you need another landcard for existing computer and for ur computer that have a dsl.. and then e set the d same setting sa imong network sa imo pc na naay dsl.. u need pa diay og utp kanang e cros lang kay pc to pc raman okies...

kong lisodan ka palit nalang og 4 port switch para dali ra kaau..

you'll need to have 2 lan cards on your winxp machine. 1 lancard is connected to the modem and the other is connected directly to the client pc.

your "server" will be the windows XP pc and the "client" will be the one with win98 installed.

winxp settings:
    LAN1 (DSL): leave the settings blank. it will configure itself.
    LAN2 (LAN): set the ip address to 192.168.0.1; subnet: 255.255.255.0
    right click ur DSL dialer then on the settings check on the share connection.

win98:
    LAN settings: set the ip address to 192.168.0.x (x being any number between 2 ~ 255); subnet: 255.255.255.0; then on the gateway tab, add 192.168.0.1 to the gateways; on the dns configuration, put in PLDT or anything on the host, then WORKGROUP on the domain. You'll have to get the DNS Server IPs from PLDT or just go to any cafe using PLDT DSL and check what they put in their DNS Server Search Order.

i hope this works on you're pc. This is my setup at home btw and my network's running fine.

thanks alot niyo mga bros...il try this one...

bro try... this.. on WINXP (without a hub or switch):
    2 lancards must be on your P4. first lancard is for your DSL connection and the second lancard for the celeron computer. You must turn on Internet Connection Sharing on WindowsXP to the second lancard in which your celeron computer is connected to...

Celeron Computer:
    install lancard on this celeron computer. use crossover cable between the second lancard of your P4 and celeron.

SETUP 2:
    I suggest you get/buy a router (this wud share your current DSL to your P4 and celeron)

Router as DHCP:

DSL - ROUTER - pentium4 pc (automatic obtain of IP address)
    - celeron computer (automatic obtain of IP address)

Router as DHCP turned off:

DSL - ROUTER (192.168.11.1) - pentium4 pc (IP 192.168.11.2, SUBNET 255.255.255.0, GATEWAY 192.168.11.1, DNS 192.168.11.1)
    - celeron (IP 192.168.11.3, SUBNET 255.255.255.0, GATEWAY 192.168.11.1, DNS 192.168.11.1)

you may also catch me online at YM, my id is bryan_bercero.. i might help your more. gud luck

bro tulo na imo-napost nga thread bout your 1 prob.

rayfloydcabrera wrote:

i wanted to know unsa na crossover connection u mean... kana mo palit ko lain lancard then utp cable? after asa nga setting i-change nako? hope i can do it myself...if possible in layman's term pra kasabot sad ko asa dapita i taud and i change mga setting kung p/p nga setting...thanks alot again...
    http://www.incentre.net/incentre/frame/ethernet.html

Crossover Ethernet cable is to wire one end using the T-568A standard and the other end using the T-568B standard.

hope it helps...

OR

palit nalang ka human daan naa sa ACE HARDWARE.... ingna lang crossover pero kung gusto ka maka minos ug gastos, ikaw nalang crimp... sunda lang standard color coding...

Default Re: please help me how to connect my two computer for myDSL

Quote Originally Posted by foreplay
    you'll need to have 2 lan cards on your winxp machine. 1 lancard is connected to the modem and the other is connected directly to the client pc.

your "server" will be the windows XP pc and the "client" will be the one with win98 installed.

winxp settings:
    LAN1 (DSL): leave the settings blank. it will configure itself.
    LAN2 (LAN): set the ip address to 192.168.0.1; subnet: 255.255.255.0
    right click ur DSL dialer then on the settings check on the share connection.

win98:
    LAN settings: set the ip address to 192.168.0.x (x being any number between 2 ~ 255); subnet: 255.255.255.0; then on the gateway tab, add 192.168.0.1 to the gateways; on the dns configuration, put in PLDT or anything on the host, then WORKGROUP on the domain. You'll have to get the DNS Server IPs from PLDT or just go to any cafe using PLDT DSL and check what they put in their DNS Server Search Order.

i hope this works on you're pc. This is my setup at home btw and my network's running fine.
    this is correct, you can view the dns ip in your PC with XP Os by tuping "ipconfig /all" copy the DNS to the client in the tcp/ip setting.

Default Re: please help me how to connect my two computer for myDSL

My disadvantage ng mag sharing lng, kay need gyud permi ON imong host or server para maka kagamit ug sa client pc, dili maka gamit ug internet ang client ug off ang host, so kalas kurente,, maayo mag palit kanalang ug 4 port switch, bisan palongon nimo ang bisan asa sa duha ka pc, pwede ra kay ang modem router raman ang nag share sa internet.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast