Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Either wala ta accredited OFA and other agencies to check for health issues pwede raman ikaw magpcheck bahala wala tong rated given to this agencies. Pwede man imo lng ipacheck for hip dysplasia imo dogs prior on breeding then check for eye problems sad. I think it would be a good practice then breed them at least 2 yrs old and once a year if e breed ang female

very good discussion!

I dont know about other breeds but sa GERMAN SHEPERD DOG , we have a rating / breed survey ( but not available here ..... yet ) called korung if recommended ba na siya i breed .

For more info sa kadtong naay plano mag import ug GSD

Von Stroman German Shepherd Dogs - Breed Survey

hehehe .... layo pa kaayo ta ug biya gihapon sa GERMANY even if we have this process already considering the attitudes of FIlipinos .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    I dont know about other breeds but sa GERMAN SHEPERD DOG , we have a rating / breed survey ( but not available here ..... yet ) called korung if recommended ba na siya i breed .

hehehe .... layo pa kaayo ta ug biya gihapon sa GERMANY even if we have this process already considering the attitudes of FIlipinos .
    Lisud gyud sir oi kay wla man sad gud mo invest nga mga taw just to buy this equipments. kato btaw nagpa X-ray ko sa hip for my female sibe dili gyud nindot ang result since kato pa man karaan na style na X-ray not like sa other countries na Digital X-ray na gyud. Naa available na digital X-ray but sa mga hospitals ra wla sa mga vet clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by gc_tj View Post
    So it would be very difficult for us who are living in Cebu to become a reputable breeder if we follow the true meaning of the word. Therefore we must make use of what we have. Meaning since health testing is not within my control then I will make sure I will implement those within my control. If I want to become a reputable breeder, I must do the following:
    1) title my dogs before breeding them. I will not only compete in conformation show but I will finish their championship.
    2) require the buyer to spay/neuter my pups if the pups are pet quality only.(contract needed)
    3) reputable breeders dont make money in selling their puppies. They are not in this for the money. In fact most of them loose money. They will be lucky to break even. But I will not go to that extreme. Breaking even will be enough for me. Since I will not be health testing my pup, my expenses will be lesser and I can sell my pups at a lesser price. In fact I might be able to compete (price wise) with the other backyard breeders who sell cheap pups but with sub quality. With this I can safely say that I will be improving the quality of dogs in Cebu and if others will follow then we will create a big impact. Who would want to buy a sub quality pup if they can buy good quality pup for the same price.

up nato n.....very nice sir...hope 2 see your future breedings sir...

ipapilit sd nko n dri...got it from ntrnet ra sd...morag makatabang sd n...

Question to ask a breeder:

1. How long has the breeder been breeding dogs?

2. Is the breeder knowledgeable about the breed? Does he/she demonstrate a knowledge of the Standard of the Breed?
    Responsible breeders try to breed dogs as close as possible to the breed standard, which does not recognize "teacup" or "imperial" , "rare color" etc . If you want a truly tiny dog, select another breed.

3. Does he or she represent his dogs as honestly as possible and try to assist the serious novice in his understanding of the breed?

4. Is he or she involved in competition with their dogs (conformation, obedience, agility)?
    This indicates valuable experience with the breed.

5. Does she/he trace health problems in the dogs he sells?
    If new to the breed, has breeder carefully researched the genetic problems that may lurk in the background of his lines? The breeder should be knowledgeable about and working to control and/or eradicate conditions, including those that are particular to the breed, such as renal dysplasia, portal systemic shunt, hip and eye problems, allergies, Von Willebrands disease, thyroid disorders, and inguinal hernias? ASTC pamphlets can tell you more about breeding healthy dogs and renal dysplasia.

6. Have the puppies been raised in the home?
    Puppies used to home activity will more easily adapt to new families and homes. Puppies require proper socialization by gentle handling, human contact, and a wide variety of noises and experiences, and should not be removed from their dam or littermates before 8 weeks of age. (Some clubs Code of Ethics suggests puppies not be sold before 12 weeks.)

7. Have the puppies' temperaments been evaluated and can the breeder guide you to the puppy that will best suit your lifestyle?
    A very shy puppy will not do well in a noisy household with small children, just as a very dominant puppy won't flourish in a sedate, senior citizen household. A caring breeder will know the puppies and be able to help you make a good match.

8. How often is the dam bred?
    Breeding every heat cycle is too often and may indicate that profit is the primary motive for the breeding.

9. On what basis was the sire chosen?
    If the answer is "because he lives right down the street" or "because he is really sweet," it may be that sufficient thought was not put into the breeding.

10. Are the puppy's sire and dam available for you to meet?
    If the sire is unavailable can you call his owners or people who have his puppies to ask about temperament or health problems? You should also be shown pictures or videos.

11. Where did you find out about this breeder?
    Responsible breeders usually breed only when they have a waiting list of buyers and don't need to advertise in newspapers or put a sign in the yard.

12. Will the puppy be sold with a mandatory spay/neuter contract and/or limited registration (which means that if the dog is bred, the puppies cannot be registered)?
    A breeder who cares enough about the breed to insist on these for a pet puppy is usually a responsible breeder.

13. Do the puppies seem healthy, with no discharge from eyes or nose, no loose stools, no foul smelling ears? Are their coats soft, full, and clean? Do they have plenty of energy when awake yet calm down easily when gently stroked?
    If the puppy is in good weight, a slight, clear nasal discharge may be due to pinched nostrils, quite common during the teething phase. They generally open as the puppy matures. Small umbilical hernias almost always close with age.

14. Does the breeder advise you to have the puppy checked by a veterinarian within 2 days (48 hours) of sale, with additional time allowed if the puppy is sold on a Saturday or Sunday, and provide a written agreement to refund the purchase price or take the puppy back and replace it if it is found to be unfit by a veterinarian? Has the puppy received the necessary immunizations and been checked for parasites and treated if necessary?

15. Does the breeder provide a 3-5 generation pedigree, a complete health record, and material to help you with feeding, grooming, training, and housebreaking?

16. Are there a majority of titled dogs (the initials CH, CD, etc. before or after the names) in the first two generations?
    The term "champion lines" means nothing if those titles are back three or more generations or if there are only one or two in the whole pedigree. Also, remember that not all champions are created equal and that a champion may or may not produce quality puppies.

17. Does the breeder have only 1 or at most 2 breeds of dogs and only 1 litter at a time?
    If there are several breeds of dogs, the breeder may not devote the time it takes to become really knowledgeable about our breed. If there are several litters at a time, it is very difficult to give the puppies the attention they need and may indicate that the primary purpose for breeding is profit, rather than a sincere desire to sustain and improve the breed.

18. Will the breeder be available for the life of the dog to answer any questions you might have? Is this someone you would feel comfortable asking any type of question?
    If you feel intimidated or pressured, keep looking!

19. Will the breeder take the dog back at any time, for any reason, if you cannot keep it?
    This is the hallmark of responsible breeding (and the quickest, best way to make rescue obsolete).

20. Does the breeder belong to the any local breed club and abide by the Code of Ethics?
    Responsible breeders also do not sell puppies to pet shops or commercial pet mill establishments, donate puppies for raffles or auctions, crossbreed or sell crossbred puppies, or give stud service to unregistered bitches.

pareha rasad sa rottweilers sir, we have the ztp or breed survey tests. though only few countries perform these and some still send their dogs to germany for ztp. though steps are already taken here para maka pag ztp nasad, layo pasad dyud kau sa tinuod kay before ztp, you still have to have the bh and the schutzhund tests. and so far, mura ang bh pa dyud ang na accomplish though la pasad licensed working trials judge na mu hatag sa bh certificate. i dont know if mr. alimusa already had transferred his working trials judge from thailand ngare sa ato. last time i heard, hes processing it naman daw pero pending board of pcci approval pa.

i really admire germany for their ztps and the dogbase numbers as well as breed wardens which would check the planned breeding of a certain kennel and also check the resulting puppies and how they turned out.

^^^^

That is good for the ROTTIE community bai ... currently we have Mr RUBEN MUEGO of the CVGSDA who is authorized to title dogs ( BH ) which is a pre requisite for SCHUTZHUND sa mga GSD here in the Philippines .

Anyways back to the topic ....

if sundon lang nato standards sa germany noh ... we might probably beat them , we will never know kay mga Pinoy meticuloso man but we have this attitude problem that tends to EXPERIMENT and VENTURE something out of the circle , usahay mag buot2 pa hehehe .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

^^^^

That is good for the ROTTIE community bai ... currently we have Mr RUBEN MUEGO of the CVGSDA who is authorized to title dogs ( BH ) which is a pre requisite for SCHUTZHUND sa mga GSD here in the Philippines .

Anyways back to the topic ....

if sundon lang nato standards sa germany noh ... we might probably beat them , we will never know kay mga Pinoy meticuloso man but we have this attitude problem that tends to EXPERIMENT and VENTURE something out of the circle , usahay mag buot2 pa hehehe .
    thanks for the info sir. so naa na dyud diay certified trials judge ang cebu thru mr. muego. mao dyud sir, if we try to follow strictly the rules on breeding and the one aim and that is to produce dogs for the betterment of the breed, then maybe, we can be at par to them. isa sad na problema aku nakita sa ato kay ang uban, specially sa other regions sa pilipinas though not all tend to hide their prized dogs, di nila ishare ang ila line. ang ila line gusto nila mu circulate lang sa ila kennel, though ilaha nah right as the owner, pero wala sila naka tabang sa beloved breed because of that.

ako, ill go all out anang breed ethics jod...
    lisod lang nuon pagdani sa uban but little by little, we can try

11.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast