Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default You won't believe your eyes!

In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of
    triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately, due to complications in the pregnancy,
    the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size, they died
    shortly after birth.

The mother tiger, after recovering from the delivery, suddenly
    startedto decline in health, although physically she was fine.
    The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the
    tigress to fall into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress
    could surrogate another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.

After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing
    news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce
    to the mourning mother. The veterinarians decided to try something
    that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of
    one species will take on the care of a different species. The only
    orphans that could be found quickly were a litter of weaner pigs.
    The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin and placed
    the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or
    pork chops?

Take a look........ You won't believe your eyes!!!!

--------------------------------------

taken from another forum....

Default Re: You won't believe your eyes!

im not too sure about the morality of that decision, i means ethics-wise was it appropriate for them to fool that mom tiger? i mean i know they had to do something but if you take this in context, this would be the equivalent of giving a mourning human mother dolls or watever as substitutes. just my own $.02

tigers and pigs aren't human though

with depressed humans, one may advise them to concentrate on work, find a hobby, find a new love, start anew in a new place in order to snap out of a depression. but i guess you cant do that with tigers- what? go find a job and keep your mind off the recent loss of your cubs?

most animals dont understand the concept of death. substituting the piglets is a blessing to that tiger.

i think it was a great idea... i mean, would u rather lose that mother tiger to depression? i dont think so. =) (depression can kill ya know, and its harder to address depression in animals for that matter)

and looking outside of the picture, i admire those people who understood that even though it is an animal, it still "feels" the loss of its cubs.

Blog Entries

WOW!

* AWwwwwwww! Lucky Pigs! they got a tiger for a momma!

Blog Entries

ah mother guard! sorry pips dili nana mahimo ug lechon cz kung hilabtan kita tngli ma lechon sa mama tiger

Quote Originally Posted by jensonbutton
    with depressed humans, one may advise them to concentrate on work, find a hobby, find a new love, start anew in a new place in order to snap out of a depression. but i guess you cant do that with tigers- what? go find a job and keep your mind off the recent loss of your cubs?

most animals dont understand the concept of death. substituting the piglets is a blessing to that tiger.
    im gonna have to argue with you there, coz most mammals actually do understand the concept of death, ive seen tons of footage on the natgeo channel of animals dealing with a death. the thing is they actually undergo a grieving process much like humans do, i even saw one mother monkey refusing to let go of her dead baby for several days, but after her mourning she accepted the loss and finally let go of it, so she moved on with her life like she was supposed to naturally, was she depressed, yes very, but thats how the process of mourning works. what im concerned about was that they did not let it take its natural course and instead substituted pigs for her cubs. that would be the equivalent of insanity for humans. if you realy take it into context that is in fact an insane tiger now. what would the other tigers think? see my point? but in any case the fact that she is no longer in her natural environment anyways is excuse enough for the zoo keepers to interfere with nature. i just feel its somehow strange and wrong even. but lyk i also sed i was just thinking out loud. and if you still dont agree with me, fine.
    as the buddhists say "whether the world is round or flat does not really matter, so long as it is a peaceful and nice place to live in."

Quote Originally Posted by juan_carlos
    im not too sure about the morality of that decision, i means ethics-wise was it appropriate for them to fool that mom tiger? i mean i know they had to do something but if you take this in context, this would be the equivalent of giving a mourning human mother dolls or watever as substitutes. just my own $.02
    i think the fact that these are animals and not humans means morality issues would be out of context.. morality are a set of norms and principles applicable only to human relationships its way of life. if one would find fault in what they did, then it is more proper to question it as an animal right issue. but what right was violated, clearly the tiger didn't have the mental capacity to understand that if it was fooled or not. to me, there is no real issue that would make what they did wrong.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast