Page 1 of 299 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow Unsay unang himuon ni Mayor Jonas nga mahimong "Makati Of The South" ang Mandaue?

Cortes envisions Mandaue City as ‘Makati of the South’
    By Dale G. Israel
    Cebu Daily News First Posted 06:57:00 Filed Under: Eleksyon 2010, Politics

HOPING for a more supportive City Council after this year’s elections, Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes said he will aim to transform the city into a “Makati of the South” if he gets re-elected.

Cortes said he hopes to get more allies in the opposition-dominated council and promised to review and approve better business packages and incentives for investors as well as deliver improved basic services and projects for the first quarter of 2010.

“As you can see, commercial establishments have been sprouting around the city since the start of my term. There are some packages that needed to be revised since these are not anymore attractive to investors,” Cortes said.

That meant expediting the processing of papers and simplifying procedures among others, Cortes said.

For once, the mayor said he was happy that the proposed budget worth P893 million was approved with no amendments.

“I did not really expect that the budget will be approved without unnecessary scrutiny. After two years, it was only now that I didn't have any problems with the budget. I hope this will continue in the City Council,” Cortes said.

While the bulk of the budget continue to be allocated to salaries of clean and green and job order workers, Cortes said they earmarked several road and drainage projects including the purchase of trucks and equipment.

With only three months more before the ban of election projects and start of the campaign period, Cortes said they will maximize their budget and time to fully implement their projects.

“We will maximize the budget that we have. We will maximize the time. We will be doing more with less. I am looking forward to better delivery of services,” Cortes said.

His rival in the mayoralty race, Rep. Nerissa Soon-Ruiz of Cebu's 6th district skimmed on talking about politics other than to wish Mandaue City residents well and appeal for unity in the coming elections.

“In 2010 the nations is turning a page of history. This New Year will be life-changing for our country. My New Year’s wish is for all of us to finally make the right choice based on who is most qualified to serve us,” Soon-Ruiz said in a text message to .

“To fellow Mandauehanons let us all join hands in seeking the intercession of our Patron St. Joseph that the start of the new year will also be a new beginning for our beloved city and the Philippines,” she added.

Cortes also called on unity among the city residents.

“I pray that the good Lord will give me the wisdom and strength to continue to help others as they seek to live their lives,” the mayor said.

lisod na kay tua na sa langit ang mga building sa makati. ang sa mandaue cute kaayo mga building.

Pero ako nahibaw-an sauna matud pa sa akung amigo taga manila nga ang metro manila daw sauna. ang mga mayor nagpasar ug balaod nga kinsa tong magtikod above 25 floors, ang 26 and up nga floors, ang realty tax libre na for 5years para pag encourage sa mga invertors nga magtukod tag-as nga building.

mayta makita ni jonas ang potential.

i wish you all the best, mayor jonas. kaya kaayo na niya.

kaya ra kaayo ni jonas ni... esp. with the help of bercede...
    high hopes on jonas...

bisan di ko taga mandaue, pero taga adlaw ko mu agi diri...

Blog Entries
    will support him to achieve that goal na mahimong makati of the south.

but i hope, di lang sya muparehas ni binay, na ideny ang presence sa mga squatters sa area.

how poor makati ra iyang gibasihan nga standard...

why not set the likes of singapore as a standard...

no wonder why walay asenso...

skyscrapers do not mean better life and economy at all

Blog Entries
    if he has the will and conviction and vision of a Jejomar Binay.

@mayben, pastilan pod, mag sugod man gyud nag inanay hantod maabot na ta ana imong gusto nga Singapore and the like.

All the best Mayor Jonas

sa pagkakaroon starting naglingkod si jonas.daghan na kaayo ug nag sogod na ang mga establishment sa mandawe.unlike before maglisod pag tokod ang mga investor kay ang na una pa ni jonas mangayo man ug percentage para matokod ang ilang mga establishment.unlike supermetro mandawe sauna ra unta na itokod but wala permahi kay wala mo hatag sa percentage na g pangayo.ug kron nag barog na tanan na mga pending before.malipayon na ang taga mandawe na si jonas na ang mayor.

there are 35 Billion new investments in Mandaue ... since the start of the first term of Mayor JONAS ... This inspite the obstructionist IrO in the old Mandaue City Council ... now that TEAM MANDAUE dominates the Council ... the prospects for this Makati vision of the Mayor ... is now brighter than ever ...

my hope is that we will all help ... to make this a reality ...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 299 123411 ... LastLast