Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Philippines in the TOP 10 Best Countries for Women.

Best Countries For Women - Forbes.com

"Norway, ranked No. 1, scored 82%. Finland came in second place with an estimated 82%, while Sweden posted a score of 81.4%. The U.S. has closed 72% of its gender gap, according to the study, while Yemen has closed 47%.

Other countries in the top 10 include Iceland (80%), New Zealand (79%), the Philippines (76%), Denmark (75%) and the Netherlands (74%). The U.K. ranked 13th (74%), while Canada ranked 31st (71%), hurt by poor showings in educational attainment and political empowerment."

Women's rights are always protected in the Philippines. The government itself ensures equal opportunity for men and women in all aspects in society, especially in employment.

Furthermore, Filipinas now feel empowered and they assert themselves to reach the heights that men have already reached. Filipina women are strong, come what may.

@babygrace, add to your fact that we already had two women presidents. I think only Israel have done the same thing...or correct me if am wrong.

I want woman too.

Quote Originally Posted by emailroy2002 View Post
    I want woman too.
    Hehehehe...klaroha daw ug unsa imo ganahan bai.

Political dynasties and money rule our politics... GENDER does not matter, but MONEY AND FAMILY NAME DOES... Lets not try to make something out of this like how a WOMAN'S RIGHTS are protected because battered housewives are a plenty and how many Filipinas under the age of 18 are slaving it out in factories and homes....

Political empowerment?? For the right amount of money, FILIPINOS will vote for SOMEBODY regardless of GENDER, MAN OR WOMAN... Hell for the right amount of money, FILIPINOS will vote for a MONKEY... YES, FILIPINAS with NAME AND MONEY are empowered....

This study does not hide the fact that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FILIPINAS LEAVE THE COUNTRY to become domestic helpers where they end up dead, abused, enslaved or executed....Some FILIPINAS become JAPAYUKIS, BRUNEIYUKIS, etc.....

Lets not forget how CHEAP maids in the Philippines are... for 1.5k a month, you got yourself a MAID..Practically all the households I have been to has a maid or two, a yaya, a labandera or a cook and I am pretty sure most iSTORYANs have too...

There is nothing wrong with being a maid, a cook, labandera or a yaya... They earn an honest living...
    But can anyone here tell me that they dream having their daughter grow up becoming a MAID OR A YAYA?
    I don't think so...

So tell me is the PHILIPPINES one of the best countries for WOMEN? Give me a break....

Let's start how other countries like GREECE, Hong Kong SAR, JORDAN, LEBANON define and treat FILIPINAS...

congarats to us.. hope ma eradicate or ma lessen jd ang violence involving women, not only sa philippines but sa whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by herzabarJR View Post
    Political dynasties and money rule our politics... GENDER does not matter, but MONEY AND FAMILY NAME DOES... Lets not try to make something out of this like how a WOMAN'S RIGHTS are protected because battered housewives are a plenty and how many Filipinas under the age of 18 are slaving it out in factories and homes....

Political empowerment?? For the right amount of money, FILIPINOS will vote for SOMEBODY regardless of GENDER, MAN OR WOMAN... Hell for the right amount of money, FILIPINOS will vote for a MONKEY... YES, FILIPINAS with NAME AND MONEY are empowered....

This study does not hide the fact that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FILIPINAS LEAVE THE COUNTRY to become domestic helpers where they end up dead, abused, enslaved or executed....Some FILIPINAS become JAPAYUKIS, BRUNEIYUKIS, etc.....

Lets not forget how CHEAP maids in the Philippines are... for 1.5k a month, you got yourself a MAID..Practically all the households I have been to has a maid or two, a yaya, a labandera or a cook and I am pretty sure most iSTORYANs have too...

There is nothing wrong with being a maid, a cook, labandera or a yaya... They earn an honest living...
    But can anyone here tell me that they dream having their daughter grow up becoming a MAID OR A YAYA?
    I don't think so...

So tell me is the PHILIPPINES one of the best countries for WOMEN? Give me a break....

Let's start how other countries like GREECE, Hong Kong SAR, JORDAN, LEBANON define and treat FILIPINAS...
    Sakto jud ka bro

Quote Originally Posted by herzabarJR View Post

I don't think so...

Your argument is flawed. Did you care to read the attached link? The study was based on:
    "The Global Gender Gap Report measures the size of the gender gap--the disparity in opportunities available for men and women--for 130 countries in four critical areas: economic participation and opportunity, health and survival, educational attainment, and political empowerment. A country's rank is based on the overall score, which is expressed in a percent. The score represents how much of the gender gap the country has been able to close. A score of 100% would represent perfect equality. The majority of the data come from various non-government organizations, such as the International Labor Organization, United Nations Development Program and the World Health Organization."

In statistic one need not to get perfect in all points to be on top. To some degree your claims are true but you do not have to generalize that because our house-helps gets low pays the Philippines should be at the bottom. Take time to read the case and analyze why they came up with that result. Mind you, if the data were to be believed it came from notable institutions not just from the sidewalks.

^^ Yeah my argument is FLAWED, I forgot it is all about a STUDY while I was talking about REALITY.....

You can CITE thousands of studies about how good our country is, but the FACT of the matter is that STUDIES WILL NEVER CHANGE A THING....

Studies will never make a dent on the sad plight of what millions of Filipinas are going through.... US, CANADA, the UK scored low, yet THOUSANDS of FILIPINAS are going there to seek better opportunities and survive, does a STUDY help reverse that trend? I do not think so... Studies never feed a hungry stomach...How many "Canadian" domestic helpers got executed or "COMMITTED SUICIDE IN MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES" in Singapore? How many Canadian women were locked up in cages in Lebanon?

Do women in developed countries that scored low REALLY GIVES A DAMN about this study? They would rather prefer that their country score low than ENDURE what most FILIPINAS have to go through... I bet FILIPINAS WOULD RATHER have our COUNTRY SCORE LOW than endure what they are going through right now.

Wake up and smell the coffee.. You can keep your study, I will stick with reality...

BTW, when it comes to opportunities, I AGREE that MEN AND WOMEN in the PHILIPPINES are equal because BOTH SEXES virtually has none... BOTH SEXES are LEAVING THE COUNTRY BY THE MILLIONS, so there's your equality.... LOL...

Political empowerment? I already addressed this issue in my previous reply...

So MR. COTTONMOUTH, does this study REALLY MATTER in the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast